• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Denied Player of the month

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by ghillieminingyt, Jan 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiya,

I believe the idea of having a player of the month/week displayed on somewhere within the spawn would be very beneficial as it can create good competition between different people in the mineplex community. This could be player of the month/week awarded for getting the most wins or the most kills or being the most active throughout that month. Their should also be an award given to this person such as a special name tag or cosmetic earned only by achieving this award

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  2. hazeae24

hazeae24

Yo!

Thank you for contributing towards ideas discussion here on Mineplex! Unfortunately, I will be rejecting this idea since it was already denied in the Player Of the Month [POTM] thread.

It was denied for the following reasons:

Bias
    As stated by many others in this thread, this award system could easily turn into a popularity contest that would further divide the community. Players would be constantly fighting and competing to earn votes for this system, causing more tension in the community. I would rather not create a frivolous tag that could ruin the bonds of friendships of this community.

Voting
    Voting on one player or a set of players would be difficult for how large our player base is. As stated by H2O, it would be difficult to divide our player base into sections to take everyone from different timezones and areas of the network into account. It would also be unfair to only select a small group of people that have contributed to Mineplex when there are many different players that impact the community.

Rewards/Compensation

Players do not need an award for helping the server. I will use H2O's quote here to summarize the reasoning:
    With that being said, if you want to be a positive light within the community, you shouldn't need rewards for it. You should do it because you genuinely want to help the server. Otherwise, there are other ways for the community receive recognition, such as being accepted as a Trainee or being accepted onto our community sub-teams and being able to contribute further to the server. I'd rather those that want to make an impact join teams to allow them to do more than for them just to get a silly tag on the forums.
    Players should want to help the server because they genuinely care, not for a reward. If players want recognition for their contributions they could join the staff team or one of the community sub-teams we have. Even as staff members, we do not receive "rewards" for our work (aside from paid employees). I would say that is the closest thing MOTM/SOTM to a "reward" that we get, but they aren't actual rewards, like winning chests or shards. They are symbols of our previous work, but no something that we should strive for. If your only goal for contributing to community is for a tag then you should probably ask yourself if you are doing the work because of your sincerity or for the recognition.

On the staff team we don't receive awards, but I guess you could say that our reward is the feeling of accomplishment whenever we complete a task. We give ourselves that satisfaction. Setting goals for ourselves and exceeding them gives us the feeling of accomplishment. The same goes for any goal you have, not just here on Mineplex. but anyone can give themselves goals and achieve them for their own benefit and growth.

Like the other thread that discussed the Player of the Month idea, I will be denying this idea because of voting issues, bias, and the reward system complications. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea, feel free to PM me or another member of Community Management.

Thread Locked - Idea Denied
    Bias, Voting, and Rewarding System Complications

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    _H2O likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.