• 626 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9085 Players Online
  • 8459 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Poll section

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Pogchamp 300000, Mar 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What if we added a poll section in the forums were people just posted polls or questions nothing specific just polls

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  2. sounds good

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  3. what would the polls be about, server related stuff where the staff ask what the players would like to see in the next update or just player made polls

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  4. I actually think that this could be a good idea, but do not find it completely useful. Polls currently can be specific to the topic e.g. speed builders, or ideas discussion. If you had a section of the forums only for polls, people would of course make polls about certain games or ideas they had which could easily be placed in those specific areas on the forums. I can totally see where you are coming from with your idea, but I just do not think that it is the most needed update at this time.
    Thanks!

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  5. im +0.5 on this one. I mean, a poll section would be kinda usefull, like just the raw poll data would be usefull, but then again, having something to go with it like an explanation or something would be needed. If you suggest a poll section with a little bit of explanation, your kinda coming back to the idea of normal threads. @BadgerInASuit sums up my thoughts on this.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Kight and Ryan9116 like this.
  6. Not really necessary, best to just leave polls as optional everywhere when it comes to the forums.

For example if you're suggesting an idea a poll may be useful but you will still want feedback from people so a poll won't be your main priority.

If you're just taking a random player poll you can post one in off-topic subforum or connect it to a relevant thread.

If LT or staff or whatnot want to make a poll, they can have one on the forums attachted to a thread or in the #poll channels in the Mineplex Discord, or the GI/Community Center/Clans/etc discords.

+like @BadgerInASuit said, if there is one section dedicated to polls only there would be many threads that would fit more in their relevant categories (if it's for ideas or games). Especially for ideas - they should really be in the Ideas Section as only certain people can lock the threads there + organisation purposes

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  7. Thread Moved ➪ Website Feedback

· ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ ·

Since this suggestion is proposing a new section to the forums, I moved it to the more fitting section.

~~~

Personally, I don't feel a huge need for this on forums as I feel it'd get fewer responses.

Currently, we do host polls on our discord server in the #polls channels, which has shown to be pretty effective to a certain degree. In terms of forum polls, I feel like, with the forums, we already have a way of indicating whether or not we want something. Forums is ideal in that it gives more room for discussion in an organised matter.

Polls are quick and snappy indications of what the community wants, and while I think they can be useful, forums already have default features that allow for this and it isn't mandatory to elaborate your opinion if you don't want to, though people may want to know. I don't see a real need for this addition since forums facilitates poll-activities already in a manner which also allows more detailed responses.

Take this thread, for example, the Game Insights Block Hunt Proposals, a plethora of changes have been proposed in this thread. You can indicate you are happy with these changes by liking the post and/or commenting in agreement. If you want modifications or are unhappy with any suggested changes, you can comment to express that, with as minimal or as much detail as you'd like as long and as long as you are contributing to the discussion constructively. Eg. "No, I don't want to stop letting people moving things in their inventory, I like to switch them around depending on the round." Or going on a speel on why you think it'd benefit everyone to keep the way it is and just elaborating on that small statement.

Plus, every thread allows you to add a poll, which can be used on all forms of suggestion threads if you don't feel like making a lengthy or redundant response, for example, on this idea thread for Immortal MPS changes.

I don't see any other reason for polls outside suggestions, we already have a load of sections which incorporate the usage of polls on certain threads, such as Offtopic.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  8. if you mean for official polls that help give feedback on the direction of the server, I believe these should stay in one place and that it should remain in the discord. There are also many different discussion sections on the forums so I don't think it's necessary to add a new section for poll specific threads. If you mean just general polls however, there's always the off-topic section which is already used for all sorts of polls. I don't see the need to add an entirely new section for polls.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  9. Hey!
    I don't believe we do need another section to the website for polls, although it is a good suggestion. As Jylie said, there is already a #polls section in our discord. On top of this, most polls will be related to a specific topic that we already have on the website. Whether it is about a certain game, about the server or forums, about a new kit or game or just something off topic, there are sections relating to the topic for pretty much everything. To me, it makes more sense to put the poll under the topic it relates to and then vote on it there.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
  10. If you're talking about players of our forums creating polls, they can do so already in the off-topic section and give it the tag, "Survey" themselves.

If you're talking about the staff team doing polls on things like Jylie and them said above (game changes, website changes, etc.), it happens from time to time on the forums, but isn't usually a thing. Discord is a much better platform for us to do official polls.

Well, either way your suggestion is already technically a thing. We won't be making a whole new section for it of course because it does fit in our off-topic section perfectly fine for normal players and for our official polls, they will be posted in their proper section and given an official tag most of the time.

This will be locked and given the processed tag (as your original idea is already a thing and we do not plan to make a sep section for it). Message me with questions or concerns.

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Jylie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.