• 486 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2555 Players Online
  • 2069 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [POLL] Should Claims Expire in Survival?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Izlude, Feb 28, 2019.

?

Should claims expire if a player hasn't logged in for a long time?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. If someone hasn't logged in for a long time, at least 3 months (maybe less depending on opinions), do you think that claims should expire? I've noticed huge chunks of land that have been claimed for months, but nothing has ever been built on them. There was also a time I invited others to build houses near me... and they turned out to be just cobblestone cube houses. They never logged in again. I really should have built little houses for them and let them claim them, at least it wouldn't be such an eyesore :P

Heck I know some people who have built cool things, but forgot to claim ALL of it, and someone else claimed a chunk of it. If that person doesn't log in anymore for a while, the person could reclaim the rest of their build?

Posted Feb 28, 2019
  2. Hey there!

I don't play as much survival mode as I have in the past, and I've noticed a lot of players spend a lot of time on their customized bases. I've seen castles, villages and other specially designed bases all around the map!

I like the idea a lot, as it would clear up some space on the map and allow people to expand their claims if people have built and claimed land around the area of their base. This would clean up the map a bit and provide area for new players to build their claims. I think 3 months is a fair time to give players to log on to keep their claims.

There could be an issue if a player had a reason to be afk on the survival server and they could be upset if they log back in and their claim has been deleted and claimed by someone else.

It's an definitely an idea I think could be implemented on the server.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  3. I totally agree with you. I remember when I used to play Survival, many players would often complain about not being able to build on land that had nothing or just random structures on it. It took me a while to find a nice chunk of land that I could claim to create big structures.

I think three months is more than enough time for someone to log back on and play/build on their claimed land. There could be some issues with players coming back months later to see all their work is gone, but I don't see that happening too often. Maybe this idea is too complicated, but some sort of detection system could be created to check how many blocks have been placed in a claimed spot. If there aren't any, then the spot is automatically unclaimed after three months. If there are x number of blocks, then it won't be unclaimed or it would take longer than three months for the game to unclaim it.

Anyway, nice suggestion! I hope some version of it is implemented in the future.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  4. I don’t think that is good, there are people that built nice places and for whatever reason has not got on in a couple months but would like it to be there when they go back on, survival is made of 6 worlds combined, there is plenty of space all over, I go through areas hundreds of blocks and no one around.
    Maybe after a year it deletes or at least 6 months.
    Maybe have the ability to tag a spot that has a small box safe spot, that then could be removed by staff, may end up too much work for them.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  5. Very true. People work hard on their property/areas and if they have to leave for a while, and they come back they’d be really upset.

Posted Mar 1, 2019
  6. Oh my god you have no idea how this gets to me. I will always get on Mineplex wanting to play survival and there is no place to build cause every one has a claim and doesn’t even play. We need a timer just to open spots up for new people rather than just it be there for no reason. Because by then no one wants to play.

Posted Mar 5, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 5, 2019
  7. This thread is actually about survival, survival is 16 worlds combined so there is plenty of space.
    factions is a whole other issue, factions is seasons and needs to just wipe it and make another season

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  8. Lol I actually said factions oops I meant survival I don’t know what I was thinking thanks for pointing that out

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  9. Either way, Firewalker's point is still relevant. I have never had an issue with finding unclaimed land in survival. There seems to be plenty of unclaimed land from my experience.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  10. Would you please let me know where .

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  11. I’ve played Survival briefly and you just have to walk around a little. There’s plenty of space.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  12. Hey!

I feel like this discussion is better suited in the game alterations sections, given this, I will be moving it there for you.

I personally, do not play Bedrock so I can't provide much insight, however, I can see why claim removal would be logical, if someone hasn't played in a while then they shouldn't necessarily keep their claims.

Thread Moved - Bedrock section to game alterations

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  13. Same here I've paid and wandered around the factions server and have found nothing in the month that I've paid for , a Minecraft world is endless why isn't this ?

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  14. Factions is geared to pvp and base raiding, so I believe they didn't want land too large, so that there are battles

Posted Mar 21, 2019