• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[POLL] Would an extended third person zoom be considered "cheating?"

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by CamVSGaming, Feb 20, 2019.

?

Is it cheating?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have recently made an external program to allow for a zoomed in and extended zoom for the third person camera. As seen in this video below, the modification works. So would it be considered a cheat/hack? Comment a reason on why if it is or is not allowed. :)

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  2. I would say yes, it’s an unfair advantage over other players being able to see better/further than all others.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  3. Cheezeburgerfan

Cheezeburgerfan

I agree that this is an unfair advantage over other players.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  4. I would say it is an unfair advantage but it's not really that serious in my opinion. Us mobile players can't even switch between the viewing angles easily in the first place, so win10 users kinda have alway had an advantage over us. Mineplex would have a good reason to not allow it though.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  5. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Ah heck nah this is strategic and should be allowed in my opinion. Java edition has it and it is not bannable so I think it is okay
    --- Post updated ---
    No not really it’s being able to see from far distances how is this an unfair advantage.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nah this I think should be okay because it’s not like hacks or anything that can allow them to fly or reach hacks lol. It’s a sight thing and when used has no effect on other players

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    GallantArc and el4ctrified like this.
  6. ABennn

ABennn

While I do feel this gives an advantage over other players who don’t have the mod, I don’t think it’s unfair in most games. In some games it would be unfair to use though, such as Block Hunt (just one example) where someone could see the entire map and notice anyone moving (or fireworks) and find players more easily.

I don’t think this would be allowed, however, that’s just my opinion.

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  7. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

No he could not see a whole map with this on. Lol did you watch the video he can only see like 1/8 of the lobby xD. Maybe make it not allowed in block hunt but for other games this should be allowed @ABennn

Posted Feb 20, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 20, 2019
  8. Of course I watched the video, why else would I be replying to it lol. Even if it's only a tiny bit more it still allows him to see around himself more than a normal player can, so I would still consider it an advantage. I did say it wasn't too serious, I just thought that if Mineplex wanted to ban it then I think that they could have a reason to do so.

Also why did you reply to me twice? XD

Posted Feb 20, 2019
  9. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Lol I meant to tag the other guy my bad xD

Posted Feb 20, 2019
    GallantArc and ohrangee567 like this.
  10. GallantArc

GallantArc

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal and shouldn't be considered cheating. Of course, that's up to the Mineplex staff to decide, but it is sort of like increasing your render distance in a different way and maybe to a slightly higher extent. Overall, it's okay in my opinion.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  11. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

I'll ask RC about it and see what they say.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
    CamVSGaming and Cheezeburgerfan like this.
  12. ABennn

ABennn

I did watch the video, however, it didn't specify that you were showing the max. Either way, some maps are smaller and there are plenty of ways to use this as a large advantage (even if you can't see the entire map).

Hope you have a good day :)

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  13. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

From @Toki:
    "If it was just the 360 view then I'd say it's fine, but with the heavily zoomed out part not fine"

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  14. Ok. good to know! ;)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  15. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hello!

I checked with Toki again just to be sure, the mod would NOT be allowed on the server and using it could result in punishment. There isn't much more to say, I would not recommend using it and you can talk to RC about the ruling if you wish. I will now be locking the thread as the concern has been addressed, if you have any more questions please feel free to message me on the forums.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Mar 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.