• 206 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2282 Players Online
  • 2076 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Poor Cheat Detection

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by aok sap, Oct 5, 2022.

?

Is Mineplex’s biggest issue their cheating software?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. The state of the Mineplex anti-cheat detection in my opinion is drastically behind other servers detection.

Cheaters are going to be a common problem in any server but it seems that Mineplex ends up as the cesspool for them as people can zip across the map in a second without movement detection. I think Mineplex seriously needs to implement a stronger detection as people appear to be getting away with anything thus making the game experience worse for everyone else. One that I saw today was somebody eating cake through wool and flying from cake to cake in seconds. In any other server, something like that would be picked up on instantly but not with Mineplex. I think this is one of the biggest issues that needs to be corrected if Bedrock Mineplex is to continue thriving.

Poll is just wondering whether people would support a much stronger anti cheat.

Posted Oct 5, 2022
    :-D, Diestraction and LockNess8221 like this.
  2. The anti-cheat is by far one of the worst I have ever seen without a doubt. It is a big problem, the server is infested with 100s of hackers on a daily basis. Its partly to blame for killing the bedrock server, like why would anyone want to play when every lobby has a hacker? Sadly nothing will be done though, bedrock is not a priority to Mineplex, only their java server is.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  3. As a Java player I can assure you that their Java server is, in fact*, not their priority.

*Not a fact, just my opinion

Posted Oct 6, 2022
    Diestraction likes this.
  4. Also as a Java player, I can assure you the Java server is not their priority either. I can understand your frustrations consequently making you not want to play Mineplex, but it's just an issue throughout. I definitely believe the anti-cheat should have some improvements however we must credit the developers for working on other things, the anti-cheat HOPEFULLY will be fixed soon.

This is just my opinion, please don't feel offended by anything I say.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
    Diestraction and 1dragoneye like this.
  5. There is a reason The Hive shut down their java server. Because they knew where their priory's are, they made the smart choice to focus on the more popular server. By splitting there priority's in half they were barely able to keep there heads above water.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  6. I'm really hoping that Mineplex don't decide to shut down the Java server, it's the main server I play on and have been playing on for 5+ years.

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  7. seen so many hackers but instead my friend gets kicked because of bad ping

Posted Oct 6, 2022
  8. I wouldn’t say biggest issue but it’s up there

Posted Oct 9, 2022
  9. Hi there,

I completely agree with you- the Bedrock anti-cheat is very poor quality. The only hackers it kicks are those who use Fly hacks and even then it only kicks them if they use the hacks extremely blatantly. I certainly hope in the future we'll get a more effective anti-cheat, however, there is a lot on the Bedrock 'things to be done list' and with the lack of developers, it could be a while.

-Minium

Posted Oct 13, 2022
  10. I agree that the bedrock anti-cheat needs better detection of cheaters. Keeping in mind that bedrock anti-cheat only kicks people from the server, it is still insufficient to feel comfortable with the anti-cheat in-game. Although, if you witness any hackers or rule breakers, you are always free to report the case or pass it to an (online) staff member.

Posted Oct 13, 2022
  11. Java really isn't getting much more attention than Bedrock. But I guess *some* is better than *none*.

Posted Oct 13, 2022
  12. Bedrock anticheat is about as effective at policing as a 140-year-old cop.

Posted Oct 13, 2022