• 299 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6585 Players Online
  • 6286 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Prestige levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex add prestige levels?

1. Yes

65.5%
  2. No

34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that Mineplex should add a level update. One idea I have, and many others have is prestige levels. Basically, once you reach level 100, you can have the option to prestige your level. This would reset you back to level 1, but you would get a prestige symbol next to your name in chat. Think of PPC for example, they now have a symbol next to their name, if you prestige you'd get a symbol that's unique and good looking. The XP needed to reach level 100 of that prestige would be the same as it is for 1-100 currently. An important thing is to transfer a persons XP that they have currently. For example, if someone has 25 million XP, that's enough to prestige fully and so if they wanted, they could be in prestige 2 because they have over the XP needed to finish prestige 1. In addition to this, there should be perks. Some perk examples are new level colors, colored chat (just like April Fools), diamond sword name, and new titles. If you have any ideas for this let me know. Check out my other idea for a level update here https://www.mineplex.com/threads/new-levels.46200/

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Ocelotguyy, x3bood, 1603 and 7 others like this.
  2. I rlly like this idea +1

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  3. Hello!

I definitely like this idea! This sounds similar to what @Denise and I said. I love the idea. I feel adding more detail to the thread though would be useful so I can express more of my opinion! +1 from me!

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  4. -1

I think level 100 is hard enough and is a nice place to finish levelling up on. Prestige would basically mean there is no satisfactory ending to levelling up.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick and asfhjjsnx782$e like this.
  5. You don't have to prestige if you don't want to.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  6. But then you don't feel like you've 'beat' or 'finished' Mineplex

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  7. If you feel that way, then continue leveling up. You should get satisfaction of getting level 100 on it's own

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
  8. Except it's not satisfying because it's not the end, especially since you've also suggested stuff to unlock past that point such as titles and sword names, how many times would you be able to prestige anyway?

Point is, level 100 in my opinion is already a hard/long enough journey, adding more is just making it unreasonably difficult. I know the point of this is probably make it so the current level 100s will have more incentive to continue playing once they've reached it, but they're a very small minority of the total players, and I don't know how most of them would feel about this.

I'm not level 100 myself yet (pretty close though) but if I were I'd still not like this change because it would mean I haven't reached the end.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick and Aethrex like this.
  9. Tby, i think if you have level 100 for awhile you will also get bored. before I got 100 i thought it would be fine like this, but after I also reached all the achievments I dont hve that much to do. Yh get 1k in every game but I like to get more rewards etc. Atm I have all cosmetics (not counting ppc) and i hve 37 illu’s i cant open. If they add new levels and new rewards it would be more fun for me.
    --- Post updated ---
    You could definitely make a more detailed thread. I would love to read it bc I really like these kind of new updates on mineplex. Instead of unnecessary ppc updates wich just goves them more money.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  10. Just because you don't want to grind anymore doesn't mean others want the same. A lot of others want this, and just because you want to stay at the top, doesn't mean you should go against this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 8, 2019
    defectuoso, ¡ liam ! and Denise like this.
  11. It's true that levelling up to 100 is an impressive feat. Allowing those level 100 people to level up further is not really a terrible decision either. However, I believe it's important to make level 100 stand out so people know that being level 100 means you are really good. It's important to make people feel you achieved something big, as illustrated by JMPhase, who raised the argument of not 'beating' Mineplex and having enough satisfaction of dedication towards the server.

I believe one possible way is that Mineplex can remove the level limit, while giving no additional bonuses to people beyond level 100. This makes people who progress further look better, while still giving a recognition to level 100 being the the highest rank recognized 'officially'.

Regarding to your other thread, think about those level 200 in the long run, which will probably end up in the same fate as the current level 100s.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
  12. Hello!

As I've already answered in your previous thread about levels higher then Level 100 and haven't noticed that you've created another thread which has almost the same, I'll quote my previous post here:
    Overall, I'll give +1 to your idea as I want to see the prestige system.

Posted Jun 9, 2019
    defectuoso likes this.
  13. Need more opinions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 19, 2019
  14. Heyo,

This sounds like a great idea! It would definitely be a cool idea that would influence people to grind out more and more. I really think it could be a cool element to the server.

Have a good day,

Notserp

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  15. Hello!

I see where you're going with this idea, and it's great, but a prestige system is typically put in place whenever the level cap is being pushed by lots of players. Sure, we have a fair amount of players that have reached 100, but not nearly enough to introduce an entirely new grind. It will greatly discourage average players from leveling, which is what keeps the majority of Mineplex's player base functioning. Implementing the prestige system will burn out players on a massive scale.

I see this idea definitely working in the future, although right now I still believe that it's too early. -1

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  16. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

I've seen a lot of suggestions about getting something past level 100, and for the most part I disagreed with them since current level 100s already worked hard to get to such a prestigious level and it wouldn't be fair to add more. However, I really like the twist that you put on this particular idea. If there's an option to continue grinding XP, then it would be good for those who want to continue, as well as those who are satisfied with level 100. I still have mixed opinions overall about adding something past level 100 since current level 100s already worked hard, but making it optional seems like a good idea. I'm neutral on this idea as a whole, but I do like where you're going with it.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    asfhjjsnx782$e likes this.
  17. I like your idea a lot! I know a lot of level 100s have reached level 100 twice, such as rqil. You should really ask them specifically what they think and get their input, since they would be effected by it.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  18. how about a +∞ so the haters cant do anything

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    230V and MrZmiley like this.
  19. I’ll have to disagree, it takes long enough to get to level 100. I am personally close to 100, and it took me years of playing mineplex to get to this point. More levels aren’t necessary, getting the over 10 million total xp needed is already a big grind.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  20. I believe that this is a really good idea. I know a few people who have reached level 100 and just stopped playing or don't enjoy playing as much as they used to. I also like the idea of leaving it up to the person whether to prestige or not. +1

Posted Jun 20, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.