• 581 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11241 Players Online
  • 10660 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Prestige levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 8, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex add prestige levels?

1. Yes

65.5%
  2. No

34.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I kind of see where he’s coming from. There could be a level 100 and they could have finally reached it but they’ll never feel up top because of these prestige. There’s gonna be someone who’s like “oh I remember being a level 100 but now I have my prestige bonus thingy. Try harder!” Overall, level 100 is already extremely hard to reach and as a level 50, if had to keep going for those prestige points, I wouldn’t want to keep playing. Due to what I’ve said before, -1 from me.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
    whatsup34 likes this.
  2. I believe a few of our Senior Moderators have already come forth and confirmed that Production intends to add more levels eventually, we just don't know how or when.

Personally, I'd rather see the levels keep going up instead of having this "Prestige" system (i.e 101, 102, 103) if for no other reason than to keep the chat clean and the levels system transparent.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. I actually remember having a dream about people being level 200 after I came back from my 2 year break (yeah I dreamt about Mineplex) and it wasn't too bad

Why not? +1

Posted Jun 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. I believe I saw one similar idea before, and it was denied. The prestige level wouldn't work because once they reached to level 100, they'd have to start all over again. Level 100 is really tough, and you'll have to work for it. I'd prefer to keep level 100 as a max level.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  5. This is actually something we've looked into in the past but there were issues with finding the perfect system to introduce these new levels. I'm sure we'll look into it again if we decide levels is something we want to update.

As for your suggestions themselves, I'm not entirely sure how multiple symbols would look if someone was prestige and also had PPC. Seems like it would be messy. Diamond sword name/titles are definitely doable, a maybe on the level colors even though we don't have that many colors left. Colored chat was denied because it makes chat look messy and we want to keep it looking uniform.

Posted Jun 21, 2019
  6. First of all, it's his opinion and everyone is allowed to have their opinion, so let the guy say what's on his mind. Second, why are you asking here, proper place to be asking this question would be Level100 discord or Level100 forum group. This doesn't effect many players, especially considering that more than half of Level 100s quit anyways. With that said, I don't really see a reason for this. This should've been added from the start or back when there weren't as many level 100s as there are now.
    I feel like this would just make people that are lower level mad, because as JMPhase said, you wouldn't be that satisfied reaching level 100 (knowing its an end) as you are atm.
    I'll give -1 on this idea, and I really do not think that this would be the best thing for Mineplex.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  7. No this definitely is the correct place to be discussing this idea. Adding this wouldn't just affect the small percentage of our playerbase who are level 100 already, it also affects the players working towards level 100. Which is why this discussion needs to be open to everyone and not just a small section of our community. @Liqhts did the right thing by posting their idea in the ideas section.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Jaek like this.
  8. Maybe one symbol with different colors? If not feel free to let me know on your opinion what you think would be a better option

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
  9. I like the idea, as it allows level 100s to advance even further than before with the leveling system.

I do have a solution for those that think a symbol or whatnot will get in the way of the chat, and that is placing brackets around your level. Players in the first 100 levels would have grey brackets, then in the next 100, blue, then green, and then gold, and so on. This would bring 400 new levels to the board, and would end all problems with players having too much XP and nothing to do.

One problem I have with this is that it will take away the "cool" part of being level 100. I mean, look at it from this standpoint: What looks cooler, a level 100 with grey brackets or a level 50 with blue? Most would say the level 100 regardless of the way it's represented.

I suggested a fix to the whole "nothing to do" problem and that was sort of a "league season" that gave out rewards for those who collected a ton of XP for that month. I'd much rather have this than a mess of levels that would take away the value of level 100 and confuse many players.

I'll be remaining neutral on this idea.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  10. Hey there!

Personally, I think adding Prestige Levels would be really cool! It adds a really cool extra 'Journey' to Mineplex. Reaching level 100 is very difficult, as said in previous replies to this thread. However, it would be really cool if level 100 players had an added extra level cap or an extended levelling progress. Prestige could also be a form of being a Veteran or Ambassador for reaching the feat. of Level 100.

Thanks for making this thread, this concept is really great.

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  11. I do not understand what makes people so against the idea of adding more levels beyond 100, it has been promised in the past yet an update with them still hasn’t come out.

Reaching level 100 will always be a massive milestone, and the achievement itself should never be overlooked as it takes a huge amount of dedication to the network to get that far. However, Mineplex is one of the only minigame servers which caps the max level a player can reach.

Levels were only designed this way as (at the time) Chiss didn’t think anyone would reach 100, so there wasn’t a need for the feature to calculate levels higher than that. The truth now though, is a lot of people have reached level 100 and there are so many more that are extremely close and just months away from it. Once you reach level 100, your experience is still collected and stored which would mean whatever progress would have been made would be automatically applied to a players account once those levels get added.

Just add more levels, no need for prestige and make it unlimited. Milestones can still be a thing without maxing something out. You don't need to feel like you've "beat mineplex" there will always be new games, new achievements even if for holiday events which would mean you will never really "beat mineplex".

In my opinion, you cannot wait until the majority are in the boat of being level 100 before adding more levels. It will be far too late and in time the server will only lose the same people who dedicated all that time on the server.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  12. +1
    i dont mind going 1-100(mainly bcz ima no-life), but i do prefer more levels added on

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  13. This would take away a sense of accomplishment. Please don't do this.

Posted Jun 29, 2019
  14. No it wouldn't, level 100 is an accomplishment on it's own. This would make even more accomplishments be able to be achieved

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 11, 2019
  15. I think that this would be a great idea. More levels past 100 would be really cool. Though it is hard to get level 100.

Posted Jul 11, 2019
  16. Eh, 50/50, lvl 100 is a bit too much at least as for my opinion. I've played this server for a very long time. Btw, is there really any point to prestiges?

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  17. Awesome idea. I agree with all your suggestions, however I would like to add a final touch to display design. Basically in my opinion level of players that have prestiged would be shown as [times they have prestiged]-[their level]. Example: IV - 32

This idea would benefit veteran players as it would motivate them to spend more time in game.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  18. Heyo,
    I'm personally not a huge fan of the idea you have shared with us and I don't think it'll work. Achieving level 100 may take years, it's a huge milestone for all of those dedicated Mineplex players, and it's a great goal to accomplish. However, you stated in your idea that they can disable the option of having to do prestige levels. Although, I don't believe that many players will be interested in enabling this because it'll take x2 the effort to reach level 100 once more.

You also suggested that there will be a players prestige level next to their username, rank, etc. I feel as if this will make the chat more unorganized because new players will be highly confused on what that number is next to their name, etc. Personally, I also feel as if prestiges are unnecessary, like I said only an extremely portion of players with level 100 will do this.

I believe that level 100 should remain the maximum level a player can achieve here at Mineplex. I don't think a prestige system will be necessary at the time being. Nonetheless, best of luck with your idea! -1 from me.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  19. The thing is, most level 100s quit, and this can be a way to keep them playing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019
  20. I wouldn't mind having more levels after Level 100. It would give an incentive for other level 100s to continue playing the game. It's always great to encourage people to play more for a higher level and it would give other players who aren't level 100 a chance to get level 100 and level up further. I also like the twists you put on this idea.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.