• 1920 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6124 Players Online
  • 4204 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Preventing Prolonged Harassment

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by _Prof_, May 26, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. -1

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To my knowledge, a staff member has been being harassed by players associating her with a body part for almost a year now. It is worse for those on the staff team because they invest time into moderating a Minecraft server and I can imagine just how frustrating it is to see what they are getting in return. Staff members always have to take the higher ground in these types of situations. They have a lot more to lose compared to some no-name somewhere in the server talking smack about them. If they retaliate, it can potentially cost them their position on the staff team. For how long this has gone on for, that particular individual should be able to permanent mute for community disruption, and permanent ban from the Discord and forums. I am shocked at how they just keep coming back at her on alternate accounts and doing their thing. Only muting for severity 2 in-game, banning for severity 3 in the Discord, and giving 4 points on the forums is too lenient if you add up the previous events regarding this situation. Harassment of a staff member that has gone on for almost a year should give modified punishments that are permanent (mutes for in-game, and bans from forums and Discord). All you really have to do is put yourself in the harassed staff member's shoes. Would want custom rules relating to this situation changed considering it has gone on for so long when you sacrifice your precious time to help out a Minecraft server? I know I would.

Posted May 26, 2019
  2. Herro!

First of all, the players involved all received network bans recently, which should hopefully solve at least some of the problem. Second, I do agree that it was allowed to go too far. In the future I suspect there will be quicker responses to these issues (I sure hope there will be) to prevent it from happening again. Staff often will be harassed because that's just part of the job (same way that any authority would be) but this one went for too long and got too serious. +1

Posted May 26, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hello,

Mineplex's Administration and Leadership has taken note of the situation on numerous occasions and has dealt with it internally. Our network's Rules Committee Administrator actually granted the staff member being targetted a special set of permissions to deal with these personal attacks, and almost every single player involved in the ongoing harassment & shaming of the staff member in question has been quelled with zero tolerance on all platforms controlled by the Mineplex network. Our ever-vigilant staff team is aware of the situation and we work together collectively to do everything we can to curtail the harassment not only of our colleagues but of our patrons and player population as a whole.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other member of our staff team with any comments, questions, or concerns on the matter.

Posted May 26, 2019
    xOeuf and _Prof_ like this.
  4. Targetting against other staff members that can lead to harassment is unacceptable because you can get into severe consequences that are far greater. Although, the higher-ups like Admins, and Leaderships can deal with the situations carefully. As a staff member, we are working on dealing with several players everyday. If you found someone who is trying to harass to someone intentionally in-game, please gather your evidence, and report them at https://www.mineplex.com/report. For Discord and forums, you are welcome to message me or the other staff members who are moderating too.

Remember, there is zero tolerance of harassment in the community, and I do not want to see it elsewhere on all the platforms. I will lock the thread to prevent further discussion.

Thread locked > Concern addressed

Posted May 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.