• 788 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11758 Players Online
  • 10970 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Primary Rank on Forums

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by CloudyDay1234, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Hello! I recently came up with an idea that I would like to share with the forums. This idea is to make it so if you have both a Java and Bedrock rank, you can switch it. There are many people who are more active on one platform, but the rank shows of the other platform. For example, a Duke might have Eternal, and they are level 60 Bedrock and level 2 Java. The Eternal shows. This can be misleading, as that player barely plays on Java but a lot for Bedrock. This would also help a player know whether they are a main Java or Bedrock player without checking on their profile. I think that this could be toggled in the user settings, if this was implemented. This would not apply to staff, as their staff rank should show, or Immortals, as that is the most premium rank. Please let me know what you think about this idea! Thanks for reading!

Posted Feb 23, 2021
  2. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this, to be honest. It seems simple enough to add and would definitely be useful for players identifying themselves as a more Java-heavy or Bedrock-heavy player. Only thing I would say is to allow players to switch their Immortal rank, but I can definitely see why you would want that unchangeable. Other than that, I don't really see any other issues with this, so +1 from me!

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  3. I would support the ability to choose which platform's tags to prioritize, but I wouldn't support prioritizing an individual rank. I like that the current system automatically picks the highest ranking one, but I suppose being able to point to Bedrock or Java would be beneficial.

The exception to this would be those ranks that are website only, like Artist and Community QA (not QAT). Those ranks manually applied to a website profile instead of being gathered from in-game should always take precedence.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    CloudyDay1234, CloudXYZ15 and cernsie like this.
  4. Agree with what clqssy said above, I don’t think the ability to rearrange different tiered ranks of each platform should be added, but i’ve had my knight rank removed from my forums account for months because i don’t like how it prioritizes the blue color, would enjoy a bit more customization

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  5. I agree with what’s been said above. If someone has two ranks on a platform, I don’t think they should be able to choose which one shows up. However, I definitely agree with with being able to choose whether or not your Bedrock/Java rank shows up. Especially since some people primarily play one platform, or switch the platform they play occasionally, it would be helpful to choose which tag shows up first.
    Nice idea!

Posted Feb 24, 2021