• 1437 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13084 Players Online
  • 11647 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Printiel's (Formal) Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Printiel, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Hey, everyone!

I've been a Trainee here on Mineplex for a couple weeks now, but I've never given a solid, full introduction. So, here's that!

My name is Printiel (IGN: Printiel; Discord: Paragon of Life#7285). My real name is Alex but I would far prefer to be referred to by my IGN, Printiel, or some variant of it.

I'm 17, as of February 24th (happy late birthday to me :p), and I'm a Junior in high school (Grade 11). Eventually, I want to go to college and get a degree in law, and potentially philosophy too, as that's something that severely interests me. If you ever wanna talk about that HMU, btw ;)

I play most every game on Mineplex Bedrock, with Turf Wars being the only one I genuinely dislike to the point of not playing. You'll find me on Cake Wars Duos a lot, on Skywars sometimes, and the other games I play sometimes are Mob Arena, Speed Builders, and good old Survival, where you're welcome to pamper me with gifts (that's only partially a joke!)

I'm also in the process of writing a book. It's a fantasy book that also serves as an outlet for discussing political topics & mental health issues, so it's not for everyone. If you are interested, you're welcome to contact me.

All in all, I've had a great time on Mineplex these past few years and an even better time as staff these past couple weeks. I'm glad to be here! :)

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    AkumaAkira, ReJo, WowCaleb and 2 others like this.
  2. I've seen you around for months and you've definitely become more formal recently. Seems like you're still adjusting.
    Hmm, good to know. Paragon of Life is an interesting name.
    You mentioned playing with your friend in cake wars duos sometime, so that sounds fun! I'm curious about what you dislike about Turf Wars though.
    I'm not sure how you'll implement fantasy in a book about that so... I'm curious.
    Good conclusion! I know that I didn't really talk much about myself though, but I don't think that matters too much.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  3. I'd recommend not to go to college for philosophy.
    It is something that you can learn and understand by reading books, talking to people, researching other philosophers and so on.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel and yvuggu like this.
  4. Hi! Thanks for writing out this introduction, it’s good to get to know you. :) It’s cool that you’re writing a book! I’m not a writer at all, but I am constantly reading all sorts of books, so it’s nice to see someone else interested in that. It’s also interesting that turf wars is the only game you don’t play, because that’s the only one I play. I see you’re on Bedrock, so maybe it’s different there. Regardless, thanks for the introduction. It was great to learn more about you.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  5. Heyo Printiel!

It's cool to meet you. I'm a bit of a writer myself, so I'd love to read your fantasy book; it's my favorite genre. I've an interest in philosophy too, and I personally enjoy Transcendentalism the most--Emerson and Thoreau are both brilliant in my opinion. I'd love to know some philosophers you enjoy, too! Funnily enough, my irl name is also Alex, and I turned 17 the same day as you (February 24th), haha. It's a small world, it would seem. I mainly play on Java, so we unfortunately probably won't cross paths often, but in true Alex Solidarity TM, I had to respond to your introduction thread.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  6. Birthday 10 days after me; dang. It's good to meet you! I did a Law class last semester, it's such a fascinating subject. So, good luck with getting that J.D.

Congratulations on staff (even if it's incredibly late). Good luck on that book as well; it sounds like a very unique concept, but powerful too! It was good to meet you.

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  7. Writing a book is so cool! Definitely something that I would love to do but have never actually had the motive (or a solid idea) to write a book on. Can't wait to see it when it comes out. Either way, loved your introduction and hope we can grow closer with our time on the staff team!

Posted Feb 26, 2021
    Printiel likes this.
  8. Hey Printiel!

First off, happy late birthday and I hope you managed to have a great day despite current circumstances. Also, I wasn't that active when you were promoted to Trainee a few weeks ago, so late congrats on that too! My name is Caleb and I'm 16 years old, currently in Transition Year of secondary school (high school) in Ireland. As far as I know, that's the same as 10th grade over there. TY is an optional year halfway through school where you spend most of your time going on trips, taking part in extracurriculars and taking classes/modules you normally wouldn't get the chance to do in an exam-focused school year. Unfortunately we are not getting that joyful experience due to Covid-19 restrictions - we're not even back to in-person school until April 12th.

I play on Bedrock a lot more than I used to, I actually frequent Cake Wars Duos too so I might see you around there at some point. Java is my main platform though, on which I play Nano Games and Speed Builders most of the time. You don't seem to have a Java account linked, but if you're ever on the server you should definitely try out Nano Games. They're quick and easy to play, but they get pretty competitive at the same time which makes them all the more enjoyable.

It's super interesting you want to get a degree in law or philosophy - both of them are so intriguing in their own way. I was considering doing law for a while but I was stuck between that and medicine, and with the two of them being such different things I had to make a decision and I chose to potentially head down the medicine route. Of course, there's still plenty of time if I want to change my mind, but I'm just too afraid that I'll find law boring when I properly get into it despite my initial interest. Medicine has so many different branches so that isn't a concern for me - partly the reason why I'm so inclined towards it (as well as generally being passionate about it of course).

Best of luck with writing your book, that takes a lot of hard work and patience but I have no doubt you're able for it. With all that said, it was nice to get to know more about you and perhaps I'll even come across you on the Bedrock server sometime! If I don't get talking to you before then, best of luck on your trial too!

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  9. Hello hello!

It's cool to meet you, and interesting that we have a few things in common as well!

While I will have to highly disagree that Turf Wars is dislikable, I do agree that it's a pointless game and can be pretty mindless. I often find myself watching YouTube when I'm playing it, or I'll just straight up zone out for an hour, zone back in and have no idea what I've been doing for the past hour.

I am also 17, I will be turning 18 in a few months (yikes) but happy belated birthday haha

Another thing in common we share is that we are both writing a fantasy book! I'd love to have a conversation with you about your ideas and what you're writing about, I think it would be interesting to see the similarities and if we're writing somthing eve remotely similar or if we're out on different ends of the world lol

Overall, it's great to meet you! I'll see you around for sure but maybe not on Turf Wars xP

Posted Feb 27, 2021
  10. Heya!

Thanks for taking the time to make this! I'm glad that I was able to get to learn more about you in this introduction, and I'd also like to wish you a late happy birthday! As for my activity on the network, you can find me on Bedrock here and there, although you will almost always see me active on Java. If I am not in a lobby then you can typically find me playing Super Smash Mobs, Cake Wars, Block Hunt, Dragon Escape, Minestrike, or Survival Games. That said, I enjoy just about all of the games on the network and can sometimes be found elsewhere too. I think it's super cool that you are writing a book, and I wish you the very best of luck with that awesome endeavor. Anyways, I really enjoyed learning more about you here in this introduction and thanks again for taking the time to put this together!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.