• 266 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2845 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Prison/Skyblock/Towny

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ChrissyTheFish, Jul 25, 2019.

?

Would you want to play these games if Mineplex implemented them?

1. Yes!

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Nope!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Hey! I'm new on the forums (not to the server) so I just thought I'd post this as a way of introducing myself: and also introducing an idea for some new games! I'm sure these have been posted and discussed already, but I guess it's worth a shot to bring them up again.

So as most of you probably know, Mineplex is pretty much all minigames. Actually, scratch that -- Mineplex is all minigames. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing server (and my favorite server to play on) but I feel like it's missing a little something in the "community" department -- like games where people can make friends and talk to each other rather than just playing a minigame and going their separate ways. That's why I think it'd be pretty awesome if games like prison, skyblock, towny, factions, or creative were introduced. I think this would not only bring in a lot more new players, but it also might bring in some regular Skyblock players from -snip-. If you don't already know, -snip- (sort of recently) introduced Skyblock to their fleet of games. So far, it's been a pretty big hit. But I'm sure Mineplex can pull off something even better!

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. I know it's probably hard to pull off games like this with a server this size, which is probably why it was denied in the past. But other than that, I think they'd be a big hit! I'm super happy to be joining this community :D

~Chrissy

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  2. Hello!
    I do think Prison and Skyblock would be fun to add and a great thing go host new players, but we also already have Survival and Factions, I really like Prison and Skyblock for some servers so if these were added I would play them a lot, if I'm right Towny is a roleplaying thing? We will probably not add a roleplaying game because it could get out of hand and one of our rules are no roleplaying.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
    ChrissyTheFish likes this.
  3. I definitely think these gamemodes should be implemented because Mineplex is lacking these types of gamemodes as the server is all minigames and they are popular gamemodes among the community, meaning the addition of these gamemodes could possibly boost the player count. Personally, I really like Towny but the other ones should be added too. Good suggestion! Also, welcome to the forums.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  4. I've seen this idea creep up quite a few times in the past and it's safe to say that my stance on it hasn't changed from the beginning.

As much as these could be fun, the network mainly focuses on mini games rather than fully fledged game types. Now, yes Mineplex does have Clans, which is it's own game type pretty much rather than a mini game. However, an argument that I have seen in the past is that Clans is in it's own section of Mineplex per say -- e.g, it has it's own senior moderation team, not to mention it's own reports patrol team. If the network were to implement more separate game types like Clans such as the ones you have suggested, they would probably need to be treated the same way as Clans in which they have their own separate teams dedicated to that one game mode, rather than adding on more work to the current general moderation team who wouldn't always be able to give their one hundred percent attention to one specific game type.

A topic that you touch on in this post is the community not being able to make friends and talk to other players without disappearing off into their own choices of mini games. Your argument is semi-true -- players do indeed sometimes choose to go play different mini games than others. However, I wouldn't go as far to say that this halts players from making friends and speaking to each other. The network has in place the friends system, where players can add each other so that they know when they are online and what they are playing (if their visibility allows). There is also the option to privately message others, allowing you to speak to them without being in the same lobby/game. In addition to this, players can join the official discord for the network, a fun-filled place where they can chat to other members of the community as much as they want.

I know that many players, including myself, enjoy the way the network functions with it's mini games. It allows players to switch up between games whenever they want, rather than just sticking to the same game type over and over. To me, being able to participate in short(ish) games and having fun whilst doing so, instead of just constantly grinding things out to reach the same goals over and over is a breathe of fresh air.

Anyway, I think I've rambled on quite enough. I really didn't plan for this post to be as long as it is when I started, so apologies for that.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  5. Like multiple people said before, I don't think this would fit Mineplex as MP is made up of mini-games and I don't think if they added something like this the community would react well. I also don't think many people would play these game-modes as they removed UHC cause it wasn't popular.

-1 for me.

Can't wait for more ideas you bring! :)

Posted Jul 29, 2019