• 865 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9303 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Puzzles and Mazes (DON'T MOVE THIS TO NEW GAME DISCUSSION)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, Apr 18, 2019.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. THIS IS NOW CALLED MINEPLEX TRIVIA
    DON'T MOVE THIS BECAUSE GENERAL IDEA IS A POPULAR PLACE. ALSO, THIS IS BEDROCK AND JAVA

So this is how it works. Some robot asks a Mineplex-Related question like this:

Which of the following is a tag?

A. Emperor
    B. Queen
    C. Duchess

It can be like this, but it varies from easy, like the question I put, to very hard, ALSO, EACH TEAM GETS THE SAME QUESTION TO PREVENT UNFAIRNESS.

This is against 2 teams, and there's 8 players so keep that in mind.
    The team to answer he most questions correct wins, if both teams answer the same questions correct, there will be sudden death, where there will be A question and the team to answer a question CORRECTLY first wins, if both teams get it wrong, then there’ll be another question.

THERE WILL BE 16 QUESTIONS, EVERY PLAYER HAS TO ANSWER 2 QUESTION, AND 2 QUESTION ONLY UNLESS THERES SUDDEN DEATH. And this can be a lobby game

Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 21, 2019
  2. I don't think a 2 player game would be well suited as an official minigame. Perhaps it could be a lobby game, though I'm a bit confused so there would definitely need to be some more elaboration to your idea. Could you please explain more? Preferably in regards to the maze. What I took from your details is that a trivia question is asked between two players, and if they answer it correctly, they get a simple maze, but if they answer incorrectly, they get a more complicated maze. If this were the case, would there be any obstacles or mobs in the mazes to make it more difficult? Would the mazes be the exact same if both players got it correct? Regardless, going back to my main point, I don't think this would be an ideal minigame to have on the server. Even if it would be considered as a lobby game, I'd rather have the developers spend their time and resources elsewhere.

Posted Apr 18, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 and pzazz like this.
  3. I would agree with this. I'm really on the fence with this. 0

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  4. Hey!
    I personally agree with what skarmmines has said above, however, I do think that if you were to possibly expand on this idea and make a more detailed post that this could actually turn into a good game idea.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  5. So maybe it can be a 2 team game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2019
  6. I agree with Skarm on this. Maybe making it an individual game with the average 16 players? I think this could be called Mineplex Trivia and would be a fun addition to Mineplex. +0.5

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  7. It has 2 teams now, each with 8 players.

OP OP
  8. Each with having to answer the same question? That doesn't make any sense. So there are teams that have individual mazes and questions?

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  9. No the first person to answer correctly helps their team + the questions will appear when everyone on ur team is there.

OP OP
  10. So then 7 other players don't get to answer any questions? That doesn't seem very fair.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  11. k, there'll be 8 questions, 1 person HAS to answer a question to move on. If someone already answers, then they can't answer anymore, they have to depend on their mates.

OP OP
  12. Ok, that sounds a little better. Can you describe the mazes?

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  13. The harder one will be darker than the easier maze+ more misleading paths, and there's a roof. The easy one will have no roof, so there's light + less misleading directions.

OP OP
  14. I like the idea of Mineplex trivia, but I don't think the mazes part is really necessary. I think you've just overcomplicated it by adding teams and such. An area somewhere in the lobby where players could join and compete against each other to answer trivia questions would be a lot simpler and I'd guess a lot more enjoyed than what you're proposing.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    skarm and aolei like this.
  15. they'll be tunnels. If you answer a question wrong, you get a longer tunnel, so the other team has more time to answer.

OP OP
  16. Erm dude, you are gonna get a warning for not just editing one post and adding on. Posting to many times in a row without editing your first message is against the rules I believe. Anyway, I now like this idea more now that you have edited it. 1+

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  17. I personally like trivia but having a game for it that would take developer and builder time. If it wouldn't be a game it wold have to be a lobby feature but even if it was a lobby feature it would be a pretty pointless one? Also an issue would be what do you get from it? Some gems or xp? That may make sense but it reminds me to much of the daily reward or carl the creeper at that point.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  18. Trivia sounds fun but only getting to answer one question isn’t very interactive...

Posted Apr 20, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  19. maybe there can be 16 questions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  20. Hey!

I really like your idea! I think this idea promotes players to be more active in the community, and encourages them to learn interesting facts about Mineplex! I don't really think it's suited for a full minigame, but I could certainly see this fitting in as either a NANO game or as part of the 'Quick' NANO game! I don't really think it works with teams, as a lot of people wouldn't be able to answer each round. To keep the game going quickly, and to make sure people don't end up treating this as just a game to AFK in it because they're not interested, I think it'd be better suited as a solo game.

I really like the idea as a NANO/Quick game though!

Posted Apr 20, 2019