• 463 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2545 Players Online
  • 2082 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

PvP Looking South?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dappy, Mar 21, 2019.

1. PvP Looking South

My friend and I have discovered something in Minecraft where players facing south have the advantage in PvP. We have checked this online and it has not been discovered before, just today. We have tested this on not only Mineplex, but another large, trusted pot server so we know this isn't just a server thing. To see for yourself (on any server as it is Minecraft, not the server) you and a friend must be facing each other 4 blocks away with your backs up against walls so you don't take any knock back. You will notice, that the person facing north will not be able to hit the other person, and the person facing south will. People have done everything they can to enhance their PvP skills: Jitter clicking, butterfly clicking, rodding, buying expensive gaming mice, software, ect... but will players begin to download compass mods in order to take fights facing towards the south?

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    ohrangee567 likes this.
  2. Uummmm wait what?

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Dappy likes this.
  3. He's saying he's discovered that players facing south somehow have more reach.

If this is true then I'm so surprised no one else has discovered this...

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Dappy likes this.
  4. What version are you? Servers are also version dependant. Might be a 1.9 pvp thing as well?

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Dappy and pzazz like this.
  5. I play on 1.8

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2019
  6. Why am I still bad when I face the south then?

:thinking:

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Dappy, Snvy, Acerna and 2 others like this.
  7. I'll have to test this out. I don't know if you are trolling or not, but if this is real, it could be a major problem for servers if word gets out because there are plenty bug/glitch exploiters

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Dappy and ohrangee567 like this.
  8. At first, by looking at the title of the thread, I thought you meant PvP is dying down in Minecraft (you know, American idioms can get pretty unpredictable, and I thought 'looking south' (similar to 'going south' I guess?) meant 'dying down'). Then, I read on and thought you were talking about facing south in real life. Now that I have finished reading the entire thread, I know what you're talking about.

That is certainly an interesting find, something that I have never heard before. I am really eager to test this out by myself with another few friends. However, as people above have mentioned, this may be affected by quite a few factors, like versions, servers, ping, etc. If your finding was really true, I'd be really surprised that directions can decide PvP fights.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Dappy, Jkaebub and Acerna like this.
  9. Interesting, I'd definitely want to look into it more, but if this is the case like others said it could ruin pvp a bit. Also, how did you discover this, by testing it?

Seems a bit strange of why and how no one noticed, but I kind of hope this isn't true.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Dappy likes this.
  10. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't affect mineplex due to their custom knockback and stuff, but I'm wondering how this was all tested.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Dappy likes this.
  11. I'm calling shenanigans until I see a vid proving it

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    Dappy and Acerna like this.
  12. If you dm me your discord I can send you a vid of us proving it. But you can test this out youself if you like with a friend. It works on any server.
    --- Post updated ---
    If you put you and a friend facing each other with your backs against walls (so you don't take KB) in a 4 block range the person facing south will be able to hit the person to the north, but not vice versa.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not trolling, test it yourself.
    --- Post updated ---
    W
    We tested this by putting our backs against walls so we didn't take KB, in a 4 block radius. The person facing south could hit the person facing north but not the other way around.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update: Anyone who wants the "looking south" videos private message me your discord and I'll send them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 23, 2019
  13. Sometimes I wonder how glitches so bizarre like this one happen. Interesting to say the least haha!

Posted Mar 23, 2019
    Dappy and pzazz like this.
  14. don't worry. at least your better than me.

Posted Mar 23, 2019
    Dappy and ABennn like this.