• 535 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8973 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion QoL Idea: Favouriting Cosmetics

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Oscaros_, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Hey everyone! So basically, I've had an idea which would make cosmetics a lot more used and improve the QoL and efficiency of a player's experience on the server.

What is it?

Basically, if any of you play other games (which loads do), for example, Fortnite. We have a system where we can add favourite cosmetics that can toggle on. Why not do this on Mineplex? Basically, it would be like Shift-Right Click to 'Toggle Favourite' and then that item would be at the front of the cosmetic list on each individual category [ie. particle effects, death effects] and it would automatically enable an item if there was one selected? For example, if you had a Balloon favourited you could actually get balloons to automatically spawn in in any lobby or place they are eligible to be in. You can maybe shift right click again to remove these favourites and to increase clarity if a player is confused about why the cosmetics are turning on you could have a message like an image.

This idea would, as I said above, be a system that allows players to efficiently and quickly navigate the cosmetic menu, as well as preset and use cosmetics automatically in a lobby. This would certainly be very beneficial and make it so that some of the cosmetics that exist and aren't really used (ie. balloons) aren't neglected anymore, and it negates the need to spend an excessive amount of time on equipping cosmetics.

Benefits of the system:

- makes a player's experience much better by allowing cosmetics to be more present, making them more apparent (if someone doesn't really know how they work) and making lobbies seem more fun and enjoyable.
    - gives players a drive to play and spend money on the server because it makes them use and appreciate such cosmetics more than they already do, which in turn increases server play time and shop sales.
    - allows some of us that are always in a rush on lobbies to do/get to things to equip our own cosmetics.

Cons and their solutions:

Wouldn't there be lag in lobbies if this happened. Nope! Lobbies are already well equiped to deal with cosmetics, if they can deal with preset jump effects and particle effects they are capable to deal with more extensive items. Plus, these cosmetics can always be disabled by Administrators.

How would I preset my own cosmetics? You would use a GUI where you select your own item of each cosmetic, ie. three balloons, gadgets, mounts and particles and so on. You could make it so you spawn riding the mount automatically?

What if I didn't want to use this preset feature? There would be a pref in /pref where you could disable the feature! (https://imgur.com/a/slZQZQl)!

How the feature would appear in game:

https://imgur.com/a/slZQZQl
    https://imgur.com/a/2BH92t3
    (the blue with the star is the favourited cosmetic).

You could also make this a preference that players could disable but be enabled by default. Very small QoL change, but worth it. Makes cosmetics much more useable, makes people want them more and makes people pay more attention to chests which I believe in turn is a valuable development for our sales. Let me know what you think/if this is a good idea! Thank you for reading my thread :)​

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  2. Hey, I really like this idea and I think it could be really cool to have on the server. I hate having to re-equip my cosmetics once I turn them all off. Having this would be really cool and easier for all of us. +1

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    Oscaros_ likes this.