• 100 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1802 Players Online
  • 1702 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Question about the server

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by YxngAP6310, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Anyone know what day the bedrock winter hub is being released? And the winter gamemode?

Posted Dec 3, 2021
    Mr.Cardyceps and N0TVexx like this.
  2. Last year it was 9th December, so you can expect it to release around then. We should hopefully have snow fight returning as the Christmas gamemode as well as the game rotation, which is what excites me the most

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  3. Ohhh can’t wait!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2021
    Trebien likes this.
  4. it’ll roll out probably soon since java already got their christmas update :D

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  5. @Cloudy, why is Bedrock so overshadowed?

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  6. They don't do everything in a timely manner, but there's often a tactical reason behind it. They wouldn't want people to get bored of the seasonal stuff by Christmas, so they release it a bit later to prevent such. My bet would be between the 7th and the 15th. Same with Java CC.

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  7. Can’t wait!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2021
  8. Yeah that makes sense

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  9. Bedrock isn't overshadowed at all. We have two different teams. The Java Team and The Bedrock Team.

Posted Dec 3, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  10. But the Java team is better

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  11. I wouldn't say that at all. The Java Dev (Timmi) and the Bedrock Dev (Gyro) both have a different work flow/style.

Posted Dec 3, 2021
  12. Java also has AlexTheCoder, but yeah I think its really just been timmi doing the entire Java side ever since he became a dev

Posted Dec 3, 2021
    Cepheus likes this.
  13. I’d say both the teams are really equal they are both very helpful:)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2021
  14. Bet.
    Im trying to be nice about this... but come on!!! You yourself just had to update the bedrock staff list. Which is cool, and thank you for doing that.
    But..
    The bedrock staff list you updated is actually located somewhere in the forums. Why aren't the bedrock staff just listed in the Staff section of this website?
    Today I read a post that stated, the website list doesnt actually include the bedrock staff.. :/
    I understand your on the bedrock side... and you wanna defend it. Okay, I get that but look at the whole website..nearly everything talked about anywhere on here is for java, and they even devoted an area in the forums for people to just discuss "bedrock ideas." Also, there's an area in the forums called. "bedrock general dicussion"? What??? There's like 7 threads above it that already are a "general discussion"..? So if you play bedrock you should just ignore the other posts cause they're not necessarily for you!? The fact is...bedrock has more players, so.. why are there different/more games for the java side? I am strictly a bedrock player.. so I have never even had a chance to play some of them. :(
    @GuardianInASuit what you've been doing in the forums is great and helpful. Thank you, I want you to know, I sincerely mean that too!
    But the problem is... I too am a bedrock fan, and I want to be able to defend it too. We just have bigger issues, things that you yourself probably have no control of and I'm really frustrated, because I don't actually know where to complain-or inquire "properly.
    *Plus I seriously hate texting so I dont want to write something similar somewhere else lol, so im sorry.* :0

Posted Dec 4, 2021
    Cepheus and ReJo like this.
  15. I think it is planned to list Bedrock Staff separately on the Staff Page (mineplex.com/staff).

Java is the older community. They know we have forums while bedrock is the younger community who doesn't really know we have forums.

Yes. They did this so we have a place to talk about Bedrock Ideas and so they don't get covered up by Java ideas.

That's just where you can talk about server-related things that don't fall under the Bedrock Games section.

Just because I'm Bedrock doesn't mean I should ignore the others who need help. How would you feel if you see a Mod helping someone out and looking right over you just because of your platform?

Most if not all Java Games wouldn't do so well on bedrock. They are larger games or require players to right-click (Which is hard on mobile users). Games like SSM just won't do well with the bedrock playerbase.

It's no secret that the Bedrock Network is lacking updates. We only have one dev currently and there isn't much we can do about that.

Posted Dec 4, 2021
    Cepheus likes this.
  16. You said that "java is an older player base (and they know you have forums) and bedrock is a younger player base (they dont know you have forums)." In the lobby of Mineplex mcpe, the forums are frequently advertised in the chat. But like I had said if players aren't given a reason to be checking them out...then why would they? I mean think about it.. if your playing on a phone, your gonna get kicked from Mineplex if you go to the internet. Now, perhaps the player was able to just tap a link that would send them into the mineplex forums... well that would be alot more convenient. Wouldnt you agree? I do believe if major issues come up for discussion in the forums; than those issues should be advertised in the chat system of the game so the players would be aware they could join in.
    Btw I didnt mean that you personally should ignore other platforms players! I was asking if I should just assume that any post that is not posted under the "bedrock general discussion" is a post i should just ignore? Because i am a bedrock rock player. I just don't understand why you guys feel the need to separate Java and Bedrock. Honestly, there should not be that big of difference between the two. It just isn't fair.
    I won't say much about the issue of games, since I have never tried the Java versions. But why not leave games like Castle Defense around longer? I mean honestly it's fun, but it takes players awhile to learn how to properly play and not just be sitting there purposely sabotaging (which happened so much that I even stopped playing it for a bit). The day before it was pulled again, gameplay was just starting to be decent enough to want to play it again! :/

Posted Dec 5, 2021
    Cepheus likes this.
  17. Many of them either don't read them or can't read them, some of them are like 6 year old playing minecraft on their mom's phones
    but yeah, most people just don't read that. I joined to make a bug report and then stuck around.

Posted Dec 5, 2021
    Cepheus likes this.
  18. I hope very soon but idk.

Posted Dec 5, 2021