• 515 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3166 Players Online
  • 2651 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Quicker Map Rotting Time in MicroBattles

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Mar 23, 2020.

Tags:
?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes +1

76.9%
  2. No -1

23.1%
  1. Hey everyone!

So, recently I have been playing MicroBattles a lot on Bedrock, and what I noticed is that rounds can stretch out to exceedingly lengthy rounds. People can hide underground in their base, which is fine, but what I want to suggest is very similar to how Java MicroBattles is set up. Of course, we will probably not be able to have the Netherack, but what we can have is the rounds go by much quicker. On Java, I am pretty sure rounds go by in 4-5 minutes, while in Bedrock, I have been in a round for 15+ minutes. So, if we increase the speed the map "rots" or disappears, then rounds will be a lot quicker. Opinions?

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    xGetRekted and ForevrrFury like this.
  2. agreed i want these campers to fall in the void

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    lunarliqhtz ☾ and OnceSpoken like this.
  3. I definitely agree with this idea. I’ve always disliked campers; as they make the game less fun. It’s sometimes a challenge to find them, and the game often takes forever. It can be very frustrating. I would really like to see this implemented to Bedrock. I think it would make Micro Battles a lot more fun, and eliminate campers. I love the aspect on Java, and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be added to Bedrock. Increasing the map rotting speed seems like a great way to get rid of campers as a whole. Overall, I don’t have any objections to this idea, and I’d love to see it added!

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    xGetRekted and OnceSpoken like this.
  4. I strongly agree with this. Like you stated, as of now, the normal gameplay time for Micro Battles is exceedingly longer than it should be. Part of this reason is because of players who camp underground, while I understand they are just using the worker kit to their advantage, at times it can be frustrating to deal with these players. I definitely think that a quicker rot time in effect with remove some of these players and therefore shorten the rounds. I don’t really see any issues with this being implemented and would quite enjoy having this. I would be obliged to play Micro Battles more without players like this, as they can be irritating to deal with and can sometimes ruin the experience for me. I don’t believe it’s a necessary change to be made, however it does have its benefits and I could see it having an immense purpose in Micro Battles.​

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  5. I completely agree. I've never been a big fan of campers, almost no one is. Campers themselves probably don't like other campers -_- As Get Rekted said, it can get very frustrating, and some rounds can become longer than how long they usually should be. The gameplay isn't really the best like this. I think the way it is on java, should be the same on bedrock too! I'd be glad seeing something like this come to bedrock.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    OnceSpoken and WowLxrdly like this.
  6. I am personally favor of this idea. This will shorten queue times and the game duration for many people. This will also reduce the problem of camping in micro battles . While this might reduce the problem, it might exist towards the end if people build on top of the center of the map. I would even possibly reduce the amount of blocks that a certain person can build up to, in my opinion. Overall though, I am in favor of this idea, especially for micro battles. This will help encourage people to play more micro battles if the game duration turns out to be kind of short. While I am in favor of this idea, I don't think they should increate the rate of rotting by a large factor, rather by a little factor so people have time to build around. If the rot time ends up to be very fast, it would just turn into a NANO game at the end, which would be different from what Micro-battles is really. I am still going to give this a positive review though. Nice idea man.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  7. I would actually love to see this idea implemented into MB. I will frequently run into campers in MB, and I feel that this will drastically reduce the effectiveness of camping. +1

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  8. Personally, I disagree with this idea. I think that the rounds are a perfectly reasonable length, I personally prefer a game that is in the middle of quick and slow, this game gives that to me. Also, campers are apart of any game, even a sped-up version of this one. The campers will as they always do, find new effective ways to bypass this new system that was thought up. Maybe, to combat campers, Mineplex could add a system where movement is needed to power the amount of damage you can give a player. As the player moves, their sword is given the amount of damage that normally has, but as you stay in one place or at a slow crouched pace for too long, the sword will not have enough thrust and power behind it to give a good thrash. This seems to me like a more effective way since the player cannot stay in once place or at one slow pace for too long since they will have no effect on the opposing player. Overall, to combat campers, I feel we need to add a disadvantage to their style of playing instead of effecting everybody's game. -1

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  9. The crumble time should be quicker but it (might) make the game laggier I mean it's bedrock edition so that's very likely. Still though if it doesn't lag then yes it's a good idea. Games can be way too long and if the camper manages to win after all that time it's frustrating. So yeah just don't camp it makes the game even worse than it already is.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    OnceSpoken likes this.
  10. With all due respect, Micro Battle games don't go for 20+ minutes like Bridges. It's not a crazy amount of time you're investing into the game. However, changing the rot speed (which imo is completely fine atm) wouldn't change the fact that people camp. People are still going to dig underground, and get blocks and build a small base above. If anything, speeding the border time will only result in more silly deaths where people are repeatedly knocked back into the rotting area. If your objective was to change the game time because it's 'too long' (It's really not), then I guess this is one way to do it, but your problem is campers. If you want to eliminate campers, just get worker kit removed. The border speed doesn't correlate with camping. Having the ABILITY to camp (via worker) is the reason people camp. As I've said, by changing the rot speed you're ONLY changing how fast the game actually is. Camping still, and always will be, a factor unless worker is completely removed/nerfed.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Thexs, SpitefulNick and OnceSpoken like this.