• 292 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6173 Players Online
  • 5881 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Quit Culture in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by CodingJS, May 18, 2021.

1. Hiya!

There are a few things I think I should touch base with on this. While "quit culture" is not prohibited in the slightest, I do understand where you are coming from and why you are frustrated by this. That said, people do use this as a legitimate technique to avoid a loss that they know they will likely take if they play against the same people who are better than them. The vast majority of players have done this before, including myself, though personally I also feel that one of the only ways to get better is to learn to play against those who are more skilled than you.

I think that as of right now if you want to avoid this and you are not in a party suited for a game of 4s, you may want to try out Cake Wars Duos which has a bit more of a consolidated player base with less parties, which may ultimately cater to your likings more. As for your question on "sweats," these are players who typically have been playing and practicing for a long time, and they more often than not recognize many of the other players in the Cake Wars community and know who they are ready to play against and who they are not, hence why it may seem that many of them skip out more on some games. Another solution to your dilemma is to practice playing in parties more consistently to get a better feel for it. As @siee mentioned above, our Mineplex Discord server has a channel designed to assist our players in the search for parties, which could be a useful tool for you if you are ever looking to find a party to play with. There are also coms in-game that you can find which can be used to find parties, and you can always ask around in the lobbies where there are bound to be other players looking for a party. When I play Cake Wars, I tend to play both solo and in parties, and at the end of the day both are just fine. To clarify one thing, you do not have to play in a party to grow better at the game. Going solo is a totally adequate option and is something that everyone has done, so at the end of the day it's really about what you prefer doing. While playing in parties can definitely help one to get better more quickly, ultimately consistent practice overtime is the way to go if you are looking to improve.

As for your question that pertains to a new gamemode for Cake Wars, while I disagree with the idea that there should be a 4s gamemode for solo players where parties are prohibited, I do think that a plain solos mode could be a pretty desirable addition to the game for a lot of people and would open a lot of doors for new players too. I think that it is always important to consider the implementation of new games, and I personally believe that this idea would have potential on the network so long as it is able to be done in a way that does not hinder the strong player counts of the other two Cake Wars gamemodes. With all of that, if you have any questions regarding Cake Wars or anything else in general, you are always free to send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to assist you. :)

Posted May 24, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and siee like this.
  2. For me, Cakewars Squads is a game that I would never play alone. If my friends were offline and I want to play it I will just either spend some time on Speedbuilders or Cakewars duos until one of them gets online.
    What makes Cakewars entertaining is the party system itself.
    I recommend that you try to find friends in the game in any way possible.
    Also, I can be your friend :P just do the friend request command and I would never ignore it :)
    I hope you find a solution to your problem and enjoy the game :)
    Mudkip was here ~

Posted May 26, 2021
    Gil-galad and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  3. Why punish people for leaving lobbies with cheaters in it?

Posted May 27, 2021
    Abdoo36 likes this.
  4. It's not really a 'this is why it should happen' reasoning, but I can definitely see opportunities with having a full lobby stay despite cheaters being present.

As of now, the majority of good players dodges cheaters. That is natural and it's how things have been for several years I'd say. Nobody wants to play against cheaters. However, by not staying against cheaters, these cheaters have no reason to toggle on. That means that they will not be punished for cheating. Currently, the reporting/moderation system requires a lot of time from either a QA member or a Community member, whoever is getting the evidence. But this is difficult if these cheaters have no reason to cheat hard in lobbies. I guess you can see where this is going, but if everybody stayed in a lobby against cheaters, there would be an abundance of evidence against them, which will allow the staff team to punish them appropriately. Also, if an entire lobby stays against a cheater, they are bound to get targeted by at least 2 of the teams, making it even more difficult for them to win.

Obviously, it is frustrating if you do end up losing against these cheaters, but I feel as though that frustration will be compensated with a punished player.

That's my 2 cents on the matter

Posted May 27, 2021
  5. I'm failing to see the logic in your words here. If they're not cheating, they won't be banned. If they are cheating, almost every cheater needs a forum report, in which players can still be pardoned if the evidence isn't suitable for QA members analyzing it. The real difficult, in my opinion, and why we see more players hacking every day, is because people stay on the hackers, get mad, and eventually give up and quit or cheat themselves. For the targeting point, as someone who plays in a party, we almost always get targeted, especially when the other team is closeting. Sure, some teams might target the bhopping person, but that's not who I'm worried about, because chances are I can get them banned or just 4v1 them on our cake, however when there are people using knockback mods in mid, no random team will begin to target them because of that. No disrespect here, but I think it's a different perspective, again, since you tend to solo queue and I only really play with other people that I'm in a call with at this point. I'd be happy to elaborate on more reasons why I hub, but punishing players for not wanting to get cheated on won't solve many issues from where I stand.

Posted May 30, 2021
  6. As someone mentioned carelessness is the biggest downfall for the "sweat parties". My tip is to spectate games that have good players and at least try to mimic what they do in your own playstyle. After you know the game these parties should fall easily. (there are less than 5 parties that are solid enough that winning against them is rare) Speaking from experience with above 70% win ratio in solo queue.

After writing this I realised it might not be exactly what the thread was looking for but who can resist a little "flex".

Posted May 31, 2021
  7. This is frustrating, I’ve ended up on a solo team because of this before and I just leave usually tbh

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  8. I can very much relate to everything you said, and I as well like to play standard Cake Wars alone. I always think to myself, why are they running from another sweat team? If you run that means you're bad lol, there's nothing more to it. When I play in parties, we usually always stay unless the other party is on the top wins leaderboard, which I hope is understandable. Even if we lose, it's ok because we wanted a challenge that can help us improve our skill. It's not that fun to play in a game full of bots that genuinely don't know what they're doing. It can be fun for my party to "speedrun" games when the other party quits, but that just makes the new players frustrated and not wanting to play the game anymore. It's a free win for me but I feel bad for the new players who are just learning.

Staying for a challenge is a very simple concept that makes you and your party a group of better players, but unfortunately most people just care about stats. If you grinded Cake Wars with 3 other people who always ran whenever there was another party, you can easily up your wins and easily climb to level 100. I personally couldn't care less about my stats and don't know why people care so much about their stats.

In conclusion, I just don't find it fun without a challenge, but some people love prioritizing their stats over skill.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  9. I guess im part of the "never even join cake wars" culture

Posted Jun 21, 2021
  10. I only play duos but I still understand even though it’s only one bad teammate I have to make up for it really sucks when the next team over does a coordinated push and eliminates your teammate before he even realizes bc he’s to busy picking his nose then when you come back from capturing mid your teammates dead and you have to 1v2 pink team

Posted Jul 9, 2021
    siee likes this.