• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

R.I.P Bomb Lobbers

Discussion in 'Bomb Lobbers' started by sullyrox, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I know I'm late but R.I.P, now you can only play it in mixed arcade.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  2. Hey gamer!

Actually, Bomb Lobbers is still playable outside of Mixed Arcade. Although it doesn't get many players, if you can find players to queue for it you can play it. To queue, you click the compass, click the noteblock titled "Arcade Games", and then click the fire charge named "Bomb Lobbers".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  3. “Join 0 other players!”

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  4. Arcade games need to be better advertised

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    Im_Ken and Sven like this.
  5. Definitely agree with this. I think mixed arcade in general needs to be a tad revitalized and better promoted to the server base. In a perfect world, I would love to see new game modes added to the mixed arcade game mode in order to bring back interest to the game mode itself. Obviously dev time restricts this. Maybe more events can be focused in mixed arcade? Im not too sure what the appropriate way is forward but I know that something should be done to bring mixed arcade to its further relative popularity to the server.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  6. Back in the old days bomb lobbers was my favorite game, now it's dead.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  7. I do remember getting into a party of 10+ people and playing bomb lobbers for some level experience, so it's not gone and as others have said. In general, additions and changes to the mixed arcade are definitely needed as I hate to see it slowly decline away. Mixed arcade is definitely one of my favorite mix of minigames to play!

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  8. I agree that it is really unfortunate that Bomb Lobbers has died off. It used to be so popular within the community and now it barely gets players at all. It has always been one of my favorite games of all time and I miss it for sure. Maybe people got tired of other players trying to stat boost within the game and that turned them off to it. I'm honestly not really sure why it decreased in players so suddenly, even when you could play it in the Mixed Arcade only. I know a lot of games were removed because of lack of players, but this one seems different in that it had quite a few players. I guess it being just in Mixed Arcade for a while killed it off.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  9. Heyo!

I think bomb lobbers should be advertised as a primary game and not a mixed arcade game. This would let it grow more instead of having to wait in a queue of 0 people.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  10. It's a shame really, I used to ADORE Bomb Lobbers, I would play it all of the time when I used to play MP back in 2015 as a Titan and I used to love spending time on the game. My favourite kit was armourer and still, to this day, I really want to play more BL but I really can't because of the lack of players playing it.

This really sucks, honestly, I think it takes some of the magic and unique feeling out of Mineplex. I will be seeing if we can think of some way to promote MIN, like @Sven said, developing new games would certainly be a step in the right direction.​

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  11. I fully agree with others that there needs to be better advertisement for Mixed Arcade and potentially new games with it. Unfortunately, it does take up valuable developer time and the issue with Mixed Arcade is you can't play your favourite game over and over, you have to wait for a few games for your favourite to come back around.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  12. Hey!

I really do enjoy Bomb Lobbers, I used to play it so much going back a few years ago, in fact it’s the game I have the most wins in. I have around 950 wins, so as you can see I really enjoyed this game mode. As others have said, it is still playable, but unfortunately a lot of players aren’t aware of how to access to (via the compass). It is quite hidden and I can see why it doesn’t get many players because of this reason.

I would like to see some better advertisement of all Mixed Arcade games, as they are quite tucked away at the moment. For the time being, you and some friends could try partying and all joining the game, perhaps that may get it to start depending on how many are in the party. I know it’s a bit upsetting that games aren’t starting unless BL is played in the Mixed Arcade rotation, or in an MPS, but all we can do is hope that in the future advertising is improved.

Thanks for making this post to point this out, I hope that in the future, we can see some advertising for these games so that they fill up faster/more often!

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  13. I agree with making Arcade games more publicized. Currently, dozens of Arcade games are hidden away under one NPC and as such, many high-quality games are not experiencing their true potential. I feel that the entire Arcade category would be able to receive hundreds of more players if they were made more accessible. One way that I think would work well is bringing back NPCs for all Arcade games. While this idea has been denied in the past, I personally think it would benefit the server as I often see players wondering if certain Arcade games have been removed. The NPCs and the Gladiators arena could be arranged similar to how it was like back in 2015 to accommodate space for Arcade NPCs.

Posted Oct 28, 2019