• 213 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4165 Players Online
  • 3952 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Rainbow Text

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by StyxKiller03, Aug 4, 2021.

?

Would you want a feature like this?

This poll will close on Dec 2, 2021 at 9:14 PM.
  1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No!

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Add Rainbow text and Obfuscated text so messages look more epic.

- Only players with Knight and higher can use these cosmetics.

Posted Aug 4, 2021
  2. I like the idea of rainbow text, except I only think that only Immortals should have this privilege. Assuming you only mean for the forums, this is just my personal opinion and of course other people may think differently. But rainbow text just isn't too important and the forums is a place to suggest ideas and other things, but not have a conversation. Rainbow text is a great idea, I just think it should be available to Immortal only.

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  3. This isn’t for the website this for bedrock. It literally says for Knight and higher and this is in MCO/Bedrock Discussion.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2021
  4. I misread, I apologise for that, I still don't think there should be rainbow text, especially in game.

Posted Aug 4, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  5. This was a suggestion for the bedrock edition version so immortal doesn’t exist and not on the website either.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  6. I said I am sorry, I meant to click forum discussion, not MCO/Bedrock ideas, it is my fault, but you need to read what I said before.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
  7. id rather not have the chat look like someones signature they spent 20 minutes making

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and CatFan105 like this.
  8. Rainbow text reminds me of lifeboat, and it wasn't very good on lifeboat cuz half the time I couldn't read the words. I don't see a problem with the normal text we have now either tbh. I think that instead of having it rainbow coloured we should have it normal coloured text such as red or green as this would at least be readable for the most part

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and traincar100 like this.
  9. obfuscated would be hard to read, and rainbow text I'm meh on. I have a rank on cubecraft and you can customise your name colour, but you cant use colour chat, which I kinda like since the chat is uniform and not crazy.

On the other hand, this would work, but I still like the current chat we have now which isn't hard to read and is uniform for the most part.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  10. I got reminded if that too, rainbow text wasn't hard to read, but it was harder to read then regular text
    Also, when its in rainbow, you take the speaker less seriously

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  11. Sorry, when I opened up this forum post your message wasn’t there yet, all good though!

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  12. Yeah, it's a no from me - it will look awfully cluttered in chat and be really distracting on mobile, especially. Mineplex's chat is really simple and clean and this will go against this completely. Why would players want to use this anyways? The only reason I could think of would be to be annoying with all of the different colours and weird text.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  13. plus, doing something like that would probably kick you for "illegal charscters" (because those apparently exist because the chat filter system doesn't want different colored letters), so thered have to be a filter workaround for that, which would be a lot of work for an entirely pointless feature.

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  14. I must agree with cat fan. Though yes I want rainbow chat but I think that you should have a command to switch between rainbow chat and normal chat that way you can choose when you want rainbow and normal chat also you should unlock rainbow chat at level 30

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  15. Wait on forums oh yeah if it is always your chat then no

Posted Aug 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  16. Thanks for all the feedback.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 6, 2021
  17. Hello!

I’m going to disagree with adding Rainbow text. To completely honest I don’t see the need for it and overall it would make chat a little more messy than it already is. While this would add more perks to the ranks I think we can find better things to add a rainbow effect to like weapon names.

- Thread Locked - Idea Denied

Posted Aug 15, 2021
  18. Umm you forgot to lock it

Posted Aug 15, 2021
  19. Hello!

I’m going to disagree with adding Rainbow text. To completely honest I don’t see the need for it and overall it would make chat a little more messy than it already is. While this would add more perks to the ranks I think we can find better things to add a rainbow effect to like weapon names.

Posted Aug 15, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.