• 2001 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2001 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ranked Battles In Cake wars.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by This is OJ, Sep 5, 2020.

?

Vote on this idea! Do you think this would be a useful addition to cakewars?

1. Yes!

77.8%
  2. No!

22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In Mineplex, there's a drastically wide skill gap in Cake wars ranging from brand new beginners to year-long players, and because of the randomization of Cake wars game lobbies, those players get placed together all the time.
    My suggestion is that there is a ranked battle option, in which players of a higher level can battle people of a similar level, and people with lower-level can do the same.
    I think this would really help the common problem of people getting upset about being paired with teams of wildly different skill levels. If this change was made to cake wars, players would be able to make the choice to join ranked battles OR randomized battles. And in my opinion that would make everyone, overall, more content with the grouping in Cake wars.

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. I've seen this brought up before and wouldn't mind it. I don't play Cake Wars myself but can see your point about matchmaking and such. It would be much fairer for pro players to go against pro players than the same player who keeps winning against new players.
    +1

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    This is OJ likes this.
  3. I know for a fact pro players always lobby dodge when they see other similar sweats, and it would most likely distinctive pro players from playing games. I saw someone talk about this in the MPD and I pretty much disagreed, and this still doesn't change my opinion.

Posted Sep 5, 2020
  4. As much as I would love to see this implemented, the main concern is that lobbies won't be able to fill up. Like in:

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ca...ystem-and-separate-queues.104840/#post-524747

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/cake-wars-idea.108333/#post-524742

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    Susie and This is OJ like this.
  5. I've played a little under 100 games of CW (teaming up with sweats/pros in every single one) and I know for a fact that most pros would disagree with this proposition. CWCL exists for the pros who seek a challenge but 90% of a pro's time is spent increasing their stats on their main account, which means farming lobbies where they are the only team of skilled players, or practicing on alts (with which they don't mind losing). They rely on less skilled players to look very skilled and they would not agree to play solely in a strictly high-end skill league...

Unless they had something to gain from it. Right now, they have nothing to gain from fighting other skilled players except a good reputation amongst said players. If they had other gains (for example, a star system similar to Hypixel but ONLY for "competitive/ranked" matches against other pros) then they might consider it.

I highly doubt players with thousands of wins would have that many wins if they were forced to fight against each other all the time...

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    This is OJ and SpitefulNick like this.

6. My Idea was that they would have a choice to do randomized games ( such as now ) or, if they want, they could play ranked games. I agree it wouldn't be good if it was an enforced change

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2020
    Clownzeh likes this.
  7. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2020
  8. Most pros would still choose randomized games if given the choice because all stats and leaderboards are on randomized. That's what I was trying to say.

Consider this: ranked matches would usually take longer and probably end after cake rot in a huge 4 team moshpit because no one would be able to break another's team defenses without severly exposing themselves to a rush from another team. If most pros played against each other on ranked, medium-skill players would seize the opportunity to team up and farm the randomized lobbies the pros left vacant (and win much more games much quicker), thus getting better stats than pros, which they wouldn't want.

The only viable solution would be to:
    A. give extra rewards for ranked matches (stars, cosmetics, titles, ranked leaderboards)
    B. have separated stats for ranked and randomized

And ofc, the playerbase would need to be bigger to avoid emptying lobbies.

Posted Sep 5, 2020
    This is OJ likes this.
  9. Hey!

I wanted to share the conclusion that GI came towards this idea.
    Unfortunately, it has been denied with the following reasoning:
    • Adding another mode will split the player base drastically and is not something we plan on doing.
    • Current state of the game can be fairly competitive but overall making changes to it is unnecessary.
    Given this, I will be marking this thread as Not Planned as well as locking it.

Thanks for sharing!

Thread Locked >> Idea Not Planned - Denied By GI

Posted Oct 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.