• 374 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4971 Players Online
  • 4597 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ranked System

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by HarvzRB, May 21, 2022.

?

Do you feel this idea would work well and be popular for the network?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I thought a possible way to attract new and old players to the network is to implement a ranked system. It could have a tier system for each game mode with different rewards for different tiers depending on what tier the player is in at the end of each ranked season and could be implemented for the popular game modes. The Minecraft ranked community is a very popular audience I feel and could be an excellent opportunity to attract them to the network. The idea has some drawbacks such as populating the ranked servers and adding incentives to play it so maybe the Ranked System could be added to one game mode only to begin. So it can be properly tested and experimented with to see what the community thinks. For example, reintroducing Gladiators as its own game mode and having Bronze, Iron, Gold, Diamond and Emerald tiers. Seasons lasting 1-2 months and at the end of the season a Gold player would receive 20K Shards, some chests and an exclusive title for receiving gold that season. Furthermore, to lower the chances of hackers entering the ranked game modes, there could be a playtime requirement on the main gamemode to enter ranked. Any bans that have occurred within that season could prevent the player from joining until the following season commences. I understand this idea has its flaws and is nowhere near perfect but I'd appreciate any feedback or thoughts you have for this and I thank you for reading :)

Posted May 21, 2022
  2. I actually like the general basis of your idea with implementing a ranked type system for games and then giving rewards for those who finish high up in the ranks. However, I think this would be a better suited idea after we gain players back as opposed to trying to gain players. If we implement this now then there would be very few players in each rank which would make it harder for players to find competition. However, if we implement this after the player base rises again then it will be easier. As for the hacker portion of your idea nothing really will stop hackers from joining games, but the in game time requirement could help a bit. Overall it's a good idea, but I think it would need to wait until the player base is revived before trying to implement. Along with this would require a lot of Dev tine which we currently don't have at the moment unfortunately.

Posted May 21, 2022
    HarvzRB likes this.
  3. This idea is very much similar to the one in Pokemon GO Battle League....

Posted May 22, 2022
  4. I'm totally in favour of a ranked game mode, but as mentioned above it would definitely split the player base too much. We wouldn't want our more popular games like Cake Wars for example, to become deserted and I think this could happen if we implement a rank system. If we did have more players it would work, and I think having an in game requirement would certainly reduce the chances of cheaters but there will still be closet cheaters who move their way up the ranks. Also I think most game modes are quite competitive anyways, there aren't many just casual or new players, so many lobbies already feel like there's a ranked system in place with how sweaty lobbies can be.

Overall I really like this idea, but I think the main drawback would be the playercount.

Posted May 22, 2022
  5. This idea has a little bit of potential but not in Mineplex's current state. A former game (Mineplex Competitive League) had a similar system which came to be pretty fun to grind but unfortunately, the game was discontinued. Another comparison I could make is Hypixels Ranked Skywars which offers similar rewards and a playtime requirement. With all that it's still plagued with cheaters making it their least popular skywars mode. If a team such as Hypixel fails to deal with cheaters, I'd imagine Mineplex's team wouldn't be able to manage and end up having to deal with a far worse outcome with the addition of a ranked mode.

As I said before this wouldn't work with Mineplex's current state due to the size and games not being able to start at all. If they added a ranked mode it would encourage people that used to blatantly cheat or closet cheat to cheat in these modes as well, ruining the experience. When Skywars was still starting lobbies there would be numerous people cheating blatantly with the sole intention to kill the game and ruin the experience for new and current players. On top of all of this, there aren't enough dedicated players as there used to be and now there are usually just casual players online. Making a ranked system in my opinion just targets one player base while leaving the other in the dark. The average new player isn't going to be interested in ranked cake wars or ranked bridges because of how competitive the environment would be.

In order for them to attract new players AND appeal to the current player base would be to create new games that are simple enough to understand and be addicting. But right now Mineplex shouldn't be heading in a "new games" direction with the number of issues and bugs existing games have. That topic is for another thread though as this is suggesting a ranked mode for games. Overall I don't think a ranked mode should be something planned in the near future unless they've got everything sorted out and dealt with the current issues.

Posted May 22, 2022
  6. Thank you for the feedback everyone :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2022
  7. I think it would be a good idea for people who like to play competitively. Players who are in the same division would be playing against each other, and that will allow players to get better at playing these types of gamemodes.

Posted May 26, 2022
  8. I agree with what you are saying here... hopefully one day the player count will begin increasing again.

Posted May 26, 2022
  9. It would be great if the player count increases again, besides it would make playing games more fun for everyone.

Posted May 26, 2022