• 1453 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1453 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[Rant] Bridges really sucks to play and it's impossible to have any fun playing it

Discussion in 'The Bridges' started by bestjoedavena, Apr 21, 2020.

1. The reason for this would be the tryhard parties of like 5+ people always stomping every game. Having 5 good people on your team vs 3 normal teams is a guaranteed win and if they all use discord to voice chat that gives a huge advantage as well. That's the only way to win a game of bridges and I don't have any friends that play bridges so I have only a 25% chance to get on the tryhard team and win the game. 75% of the time it's a waste of 10 minutes of preparation phase just to die right away from them and get 0 kills and waste 10 minutes of my life. The tryhard teams have almost a 100% chance to win unless they go against another party and there never seems to be 2 parties in 1 game to give them an actual challenge. These are the only people who actually enjoy playing the game if they win all the time. No wonder this game is underplayed as of recently because bridges used to not be so bad back in 2015 and maybe 2016 and I actually had a chance to win back then without a party. This pretty much sums up the majority of team games for me.

Posted Apr 21, 2020
    FluteVegetables, jis, Mitchy and 2 others like this.
  2. I mean I agree but not much MP can (or should) do about that. I just played enough for achievements and quit because it's not fun to get 6v1 zerg rushed after 10 minutes of preparation every game. I guess players like us just need to get more friends lol.

Posted Apr 21, 2020
  3. I was playing and a whole try hard team just left in the preparation phase so we had only the 3 teams. It's bothersome that nobody really talks in chat so the groups always win. There's nothing you can do except keep switching games, and quit if you see a party.

Posted Apr 21, 2020
    jis and mab8400 like this.
  4. Not going to lie, I agree a lot with what you are saying... thats pretty much why I quit lmfao

Posted Apr 21, 2020
    FluteVegetables and Danese like this.
  5. I relate to this so much. I also remember back in the day when you could play Bridges solo and still do pretty well. There were just way less tryhards back then since Mineplex had a more casual environment. Like SpitefulNick said though there really isn't anything that can be done, people aren't wrong for wanting to play a team game with their friends. Just know you definitely aren't alone with this issue.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    DaGourmand, Danese and Xukuwu like this.
  6. I agree, sometimes play bridges alone can be very frustrating when there is a party of 5 or 7 tryhards ready to dominate the game. In my personal experience, I usually play with a large group of friends, but even if playing solo, I find that usually sticking with your teammates and using your team chat to communicate can get you some friends to play bridges with. Unfortunately, big parties of players in unavoidable, so you will just have to adapt and overcome no matter what. I find trying new strategies and finding ways to combat these big parties fun! Hope you still enjoy mineplex no matter what happens!

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  7. Git Gud

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  8. I hate to say it but the majority of Bridges games I see have smaller parties rather than pubstompers, play miner and get full dia on most maps will help.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
    Danese and Im_Ken like this.
  9. It's really a mix. I see an entire team of bcl or formerly bcl people almost every other game and all they do is zerg rush and wipe the lobby. The games inbetween have smaller parties of 2-3 people and are fairly manageable, but when you get that big party half the time it's just a waste of 10 minutes.

Posted Apr 22, 2020
  10. The big parties are honestly challenging. They communicate via voice which is way faster than one of us just queuing by ourselves could talk to our teammates. So to counter that you basically would need to set traps to separate them. I wonder if Mineplex will implement redstone ore and other redstone items (pistons, sticky pistons, repeaters, etc). That way one person can be watching the entrance, they walk in and boom, the entrance is blocked off. That way your 2 other party members and you can get the drop on them, giving you an advantage. Just a thought.

Another one is if they could limit the big parties. How they could do that is split it evenly, so they are against one another. To compensate for that they could host tournaments for others, encouraging big parties to join.

Posted Apr 23, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  11. I can definitely empathize with your frustration here. This has happened to me before, too. Sadly, there isn't much Mineplex can do about this, nor is it Mineplex's fault. Getting into a party and playing The Bridges really is a sort of strategy, because, like you said, it's much easier to communicate and strategize over voice chat rather than in-game chat. So, my solution to this is for you to make party also; it's easy to find Bridges players on the Mineplex discord, or you can even start a Bridges community on the server. It's easy to find people who are willing to play with you, you need only to look.

I disagree with this. If your team sticks together, they can fight off the party. It may not be easy, but it's definitely not 100% guaranteed that you will lose. Moreover, I doubt that this is the only reason people play the game. They probably play it because 1. it's a fun game 2. they have people to play with and 3. they're good at it. That doesn't necessarily make them tryhards, it just makes them good at strategizing. Obviously, if these people are killing people with a success rate of "100%", as you say, their strategy seems to be working.

I wouldn't necessarily call The Bridges underplayed. The game is unique to Mineplex, and it's a game that drew a lot of players to the server (and continues to bring them back). Also, I don't particularly understand your claim that "bridges used to not be so bad" back a couple of years. Parties still existed back then, and even if they didn't players could still get on a voice call and strategize together. Moreover, I don't think your experience on this game in particular should define the nature of all team games. For example, about 99% of the time, this does not happen to me, nor does it happen in games like Cake Wars.

Like I said, I can understand your frustration, but I'm afraid there is not much Mineplex can do to assist you. However, if you make a suggestion, we can definitely look into it more. Just to reiterate, playing in parties is not against the rules, and it is merely a strategy for communication.

Posted Apr 23, 2020
    HeyItsTay_ and Danese like this.
  12. I wouldn't mind this idea, but I can definitely see it being abused. For example, players may skybase (which isn't against the rules) but then blow up the area beneath the base, which would severely stall the game. Then, it turns into a punishable offense. There may also be trolls who blow up the island right from the start of the game. And, worst of all, this would completely defeat the idea of the "Bomber" kit, because now, players can just craft TNT and blow the mines up themselves. I do like this idea though, but there definitely will be some problems that arise with it.

I disagree. Parties are in place for a reason, and that is to play/be on the same team with your friends. I think if we split up parties, there would be more cross-teaming, which would lead to more players being punished.

Posted Apr 23, 2020
    Danese and Avizoh like this.
  13. To add onto ChrissyTheFish's point about bestjoedavena's point, you could turn the people try harding and use it to learn their strategies and although this may take a while it will eventually work as that is what I did for cake wars and that took a few months but now it is more of a chance that I can beat those parties. Just think positively and try and turn the negatives into positive .

Posted Apr 23, 2020
    chrvssy likes this.
  14. Yes I could see that being abused with the skybases, but if a team is diverse, they could take them down. For example you have the archer kit and the bomber kit. You could build away and come closer, then shoot them or get above and then drop the tnt on top.

Now with the traps, not everyone has a bomber on their team, and a possible feature with a redstone kit would be a silk touch pickaxe, this would allow the players to obtain the stone quickly enough to build the trap, without making anything noticeable (random cobblestone, etc).

Another thing with a redstone kit is to either have a good amount of redstone items, or have it "regen" sort of like arrows with the archer's kit. Could be abused though with multiple redstone kit players though.

Posted Apr 23, 2020
    Danese and chrvssy like this.
  15. If you can't beat em, join em. If it's a tryhard group of 5 people, the max is 10, ask to join. Make friends, not enemies.

Posted Apr 24, 2020
  16. If you need help to win bridges friend me, I'll help you get all achievements or just wins as long as your chill. One of the best players on the server on Bridges and Skywars just lmk if you need help :D.

Posted May 7, 2020
    FluteVegetables and CHRlSTlAN like this.
  17. my ign is euhn

Posted May 7, 2020
    CHRlSTlAN likes this.
  18. Hey!
    My personal opinion is to just play with one or two friends. Yes, it is difficult to play against groups of 5s working strongly together, but I find playing with one or two friends makes bridges a lot more fun and intriguing to play.

Posted May 7, 2020
  19. my ign is S0lo

the "s" "zero" "L" "o"

Posted May 7, 2020
  20. Bridges is easy just kill all the players mineplex tryhards aren't even a real challenge. xD

Posted May 12, 2020