• 2229 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4808 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Re-join games! (Mineplex Bedrock/Java)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by xGetRektedx, Dec 9, 2019.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes!

50.0%
  2. No. (please explain why)

50.0%
  1. Okay so here’s the basic idea of this thread; Let’s say you get disconnected randomly and you were in the middle of a game (currently) there is no way to re-join this game once you re-connect. If there were a way to re-join a game it would be super helpful to anyone who experiences disconnection. Thank you for taking the time to read this! ^^

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  2. I like this idea to an extent, but I do see some problems with it. In particular, I could see people abusing this. For example, what if somebody is playing a game like Survival Games and quits just to rejoin 60 seconds later after 5 more players have died. Do they get to keep all of the items that they received or are they left itemless? If it's the former, this could be unfair for players because the person who left halfway through gets to skip straight to the final handful of players. If the player was to rejoin with zero items, I could still see this being a problem. The player could have quit and waited a few minutes to rejoin just to receive full experience, gems, and shards at the end of the game for gametime spent and however many kills they may have received before quitting the game. I think it would be difficult, if not near impossible, to differentiate between a player disconnecting and a player just exiting out of their Minecraft client.

I like this idea in theory, but I think there are just way too many loopholes to abuse this system and make gameplay unfair for others.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  3. For some games, you can join back. It is only the games that you have only one life in that you can't join back. In these cases, having an extra life is an unfair advantage and can be abused, hence why the current system makes for players being able to join back only if they have another life. -1.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  4. Currently there is a system that is in place where if you are disconnected you will be put back in depending on the game. For example if you are kicked from a game of Cake Wars and your cake hasn't been eaten yet, you can still be put back in the game. Of course this can't be implemented for all game because it could be abused like Skywars. It can be abused by leaving the game, joining back when the game is about to end and winning.

[​IMG]

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2019
  5. Hello,
    For Bedrock there is a way to rejoin games that allow you to re-spawn, if you have a friend in the game you disconnected from you are able to type /ftp [friends name] or have them invite you to a party, once in the game lobby you are able to pick your kit up and jump into the void, this will then put you back into the game you disconnected from as long as the ability to re-spawn is still active however you wont be able to see npc's (villagers for CakeWars) for the duration of that match.

For the idea -1 as it isn't really needed

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  6. Hello,

This is already implemented.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  7. Yeah like reks said it sort of already works if you are friends with someone you can teleport back in and it will respawn you unfortunately though your shop disappears and you can’t access it so you have to ask your friend to buy you stuff ):

Thats why I think this would be a wonderful addition to games so its an official thing and we can fix the shop bug. Plus if you don’t have a friend you can’t join back +1

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  8. This is for bedrock

Posted Dec 10, 2019