• 1952 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8724 Players Online
  • 6772 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Real World (Reprise)

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Iscariot, Oct 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I had a previous version of this made here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/impressionist-artwork.72066/
    After certain emotionally draining events in my life, I decided to give this piece a different twist titled "Real World".

Made in Photoshop CC with a Mac trackpad - the included photography of architecture is my own work and was captured in the lovely city of New York <3

[​IMG]

Posted Oct 1, 2019
  2. Heyo!

I've commented on your artworks in the past, and I've loved all of the work you've done, so I am very glad to once again see such an impressive piece of artwork. I can really feel the emotion of this image just by looking at it, and I think that you as an artist have done quite well with this piece. Not only is the emotion there, but the colours are spot-on, and the attention to detail couldn't get much better. I would have to say that my favourite part of this piece is how you blended the colours in with the buildings and even the colours in general; they're vibrant, yet light and soft - they work well with the emotion of this piece. Back to the attention to detail, I am quite impressed with how you drew the person at the bottom with the birds flying around, they look quite detailed even though they are of smaller size.

I am not an artist at all so I can't give much helpful criticism, but to be honest you have done an exceptional job here. I really want you to know that your art is amazing, and I hope that you continue making it and sharing it with the community as I'd love to be able to see your future works. Keep up the great work, I am very impressed by this. Oh and also, I hope everything in your life is going okay, we all have to experience some tough events, and so I want you to know that everyone is here for you, and if you ever need a chat, you can PM me. Good luck with everything, just keep in mind that things do eventually get better. :)

Thanks for sharing this beauty, I look forward to seeing more! :D

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  3. That's incredible

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  4. Hey!

I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you became some kind of artist in the near future (as a career). To me, this is amazing. Theres just so much to it I don't even know where to begin. First off, I love the idea of you using multiple colors. I feel like if those clouds were to be grey, then the overall image would be a bit dull and depressing. On top of that, I love how theres a story behind it; I feel like that makes it 10x more meaningful. Overall, I think its amazing and I hope to see more of your work in the future!

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  5. Hi friends, thank you for your support. This piece was a difficult one for me emotionally, considering the circumstances, but I wanted to make the most of an experience. Tomorrow will be different, wishing you all the best <3 thanks again for the positive energy!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 1, 2019
    AyyNick likes this.
  6. I am really at a loss of words for this piece. It is flat out amazing, and I could never come close to creating anything similar to it. The best thing I can draw as of now is still a stick figure, but since I'm at the bottom, the only way to go is up! Nice job with this work and I look forward to seeing your future pieces :)

Posted Oct 1, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  7. Keep drawing, keep moving forward :) I personally did not draw until 2 years ago—I just went for it one day and kept working at it. Whether we notice it or not, disappointments and joy from creations BOTH demonstrate the constant improvement required to keep going! Let me know if you ever want art tips! <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 2, 2019
  8. I CANT GET ENOUGH!!

Okay I just LOVE your work. I obviously love both kind of different pieces you do - like you do the impressionist pieces and then you do these photography / art impressionist pieces. As a photography student myself, I think I favour these ones just a tad more because there is SO MUCH DEPTH and just COLOUR and omg everything.

I adore all your work but something about these pieces sit with me so well. They remind me of one other artist that I absolutely love named Leonid Afremov. And although you two have completely differing style when it comes to medium and style, you both give off a similar vibe that I LOVE. I feel the same with with your impressionist pieces but these ones mainly give me that vibe.

This particular piece, absolutely spectacular. I love the city photography, I love how the girl in the artwork is the same one as before!!! It gives you a whole new outlook on her world and what it’s like living in a huge city. It really shows you what’s out there, and just how big the world is. I adore it, I adore you, I seriously can’t get enough.

I’ll say it a million times that I just know you’re gonna be making art big time out in the world, and it’s going to be BIG. I’m sure I’m not the only one who agrees with that either! I was going to mention before that your impressionist pieces (the more abstract ones that I just love) reminds me of an artist named Basquiat. His pieces again are different from yours as yours are very unique, but like Afremov, you have a similar vibe that it gives off that I adore.

You should check out Afremov and Basquiat!! I personally think you’ll love their work. They are very different to each other as well but that’s why I love them so much. You have such a huge future ahead of you, and I cannot wait to see more art!!

Keep on creating, and keep your mind dreaming

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Oct 2, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  9. @Luvli

I have a printed Basquiat journal on my desk, I read a few pages every morning!! For this one, I combined my photography taken in NYC with the girl from a previous piece—the piece gained new life for me after the incorporation of a new meaning/state of mind. I always saw Afremov's work in galleries growing up but never recalled him name, so I truly thank you for mentioning him because his work is emotionally stunning! I love his work, thank you for the suggestion :) I'll be sure to keep creating and sharing, thank you as always Sarah for your constant support of my artistic endeavors! It is nearly 1am for me and I have more to say, but will reach out to you soon with the next artwork!

-Ian

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2019
    Luvli likes this.