• 797 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7726 Players Online
  • 6929 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reasoning for a Report's Denial

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by mab8400, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Report Denied

Thank you for submitting this report.
    Sadly the evidence you have provided is insufficient to warrant the user(s) a punishment. If you have any other evidence of these user(s) breaking the rules, please provide this in a new report.

If you have any more questions or concerns regarding this decision, feel free to send me a private message with a link to the report.

This is the typical message that you get when a report is denied, but no reasoning is given to us as reporters as what made a report insufficient. Many reports I make are very very blatant in nature but are still denied, which leads me to believe that the person who handled it didn't look at the evidence (or is friends with the player who was reported). We need logical reasoning behind why the most obvious hacking or rule breaking is not dealt with. Sometimes, you will need more than one piece of evidence for teaming, stat boosting, etc which obvious makes sense if a report is denied. However, when something like X-Ray or movement hacks (that are definitely clear) are not accepted, it leads me to believe something suspicious is behind it. It sometimes worries me that only one staff member reviews the evidence, where there could be error. This means it would be best to have several people to look over the proof we provide. So, the basic question is, should we get clear feedback for why our reports are denied? Or the automated message as was before? And should multiple staff members review reports?

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. Reports patrol members process tons of reports, and giving a custom message to each denied report would be extremely time consuming, and result in slower response times. The best thing to do if a report is denied, that you believe should not have been, is to message the person who denied it asking for more information. They will provide you with as much information as possible. If you do message them, please provide a link to your report. If you still do not agree with them, you can always ask for their reports patrol mentor, and send them a private message and ask them to also review the report.

In terms of multiple reports patrol members reviewing evidence, I don't believe that is necessary. The staff team is pretty well trained for spotting hackers/rule violations, and while we are not perfect, generally you shouldn't see many mistakes - and even if you do, you are always able to message their mentor to review it as well. This would also be much more time consuming, similar to custom messages, which would most likely result in slower response times.

So I personally don't think multiple staff should have to review reports, or give custom denial reasons for each report, as this would be a lot less efficient and would most likely just lead to backups in reports.

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  3. I'm gonna have to agree with @TheJoshXGames here, neither custom messages should be required, and there should not be a need for multiple staff members to look at reports.

As already stated, there are hundreds of reports submitted that the Reports Patrol has to go through, so having a custom message for each one would only further lengthen the process and slow down the ability to get through reports effectively. The Staff on the Reports Patrol is accepted if they meet the criteria of being able to handle reports effectively, so it is rarely due to error a report is denied. There could be a multitude of reasons why the evidence was deemed insufficient; the recording format may have been incorrect, the name might not have been visible, it might have been a playback instead of a proper game recording in f1, etc. I am not saying your specific reports are examples of this, but it is just to point out that reports can be denied for various reasons as evidence definitely needs to be completely clear.

As always, if you have an issue with the judgement call, you are free to message the person that handled your report to be able to get more information, as I understand it can be frustrating if you caught a rule breaker or a hacker and the report was denied in that case. However, I do not believe your proposed solutions are effective, and the current system in place works well. Thank you for your suggestion though!

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  4. You are better off to just not report players as mineplex's rules for bans aren't very good and very easy to get around, unless it's in clans. The rules for bans in clans are more strict, but you better have very obvious evidence. If you want to avoid less hackers you are better off going to a different server.

Posted Sep 26, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  5. Great points, although I can assure you that certain reports I have are wayyy too obvious to be denied. They are not looked at properly and trusting that someone goes through training is not some sort of instant guarantee that they will be right every time. Sometimes, I resort to making my videos public due to how obvious they are. However I usually end up getting friends of the reporter to flock to the video and try to justify the reasoning or make fun of me by making "mab8400 is so amazing" sarcastic comments or get others to dislike the video. For me, it's basically a lose-lose situation where the report is clearly not considered seriously or I'm seen as an idiot for proving that someone isn't legit. I've started to consider trying to get my reports to specifically not be reviewed by certain staff members who I without a doubt know will deny the report if they are mutual friends with the player. I do not trust a good chunk of staff members because of their behavior/bias towards certain friends or players that I might report. Not really sure what else to say or do.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 26, 2020
  6. If you feel that a report has ever been handled incorrectly. You can go to an RP mentor, other RP member or to Wanderer_ himself to take a look at it.

In terms of denying obvious evidence, there are specific changes between what staff can punish for on the server and from user-submitted evidence. This is all obviously private, so I can't discuss the specifics of what is and isn't like this and how many times we need to see something but the guidelines of punishing off of reports differ from everything else, that is why you may feel reports are handled unfairly.

Every report is handled specifically and accurately, and as I said, please list any staff members that you feel have been unfair/inaccurately handling reports to Staff Management / the RP leads so that they can take a look into the specifics of each situation. I can assure you that we do not take a bias towards people when handling reports, and we have a strict zero-tolerance policy toward that sort of thing.

As for the main body of the thread, as many users have said it's just not logistically possible to send responses to every report we get. It would either be too time-consuming or it would reveal things about the private report criteria, which we are not allowed to reveal for obvious reasons. Thanks for making the suggestion, but these are the reasons why it just won't be possible at this time.​

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  7. I have experienced something like that. When your report gets denied and you don't know why, you can ask the staff member a question by starting a conversation with them.

Posted Sep 26, 2020
  8. My reports usually got denied too. I hadn't made much reports but I made about 5 on the forums and only 1 got accepted by my friend dap. What I usually do though is message or invite my friends that are staff to join and ban the hacker. And I feel like that is way better than making a report on the forums.

Posted Sep 26, 2020