• 421 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6728 Players Online
  • 6307 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Recent "Update"

Discussion in 'Monster Maze' started by JN_PlayzMC, Sep 13, 2018.

1. In a recent update a bug was created where in Monster Maze the mobs don't deal damage. I personally think this is a good bug and should stay, it allows for more streamlined gameplay as players don't play cautiously and it makes the game more entertaining for laggy players.

What do you guys think?

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    freezingplatinum and Oscaros_ like this.
  2. Howdy!
    I personally also really enjoy how you don't take damage when hit, with this "update" players who lag have a better chance at getting to each beacon since they don't have to worry about lagging out and getting hit to death. I'm sure this will be a permanent feature since Monster Maze is a community loved game.

Keep up the great post!
    ~Tea

Posted Sep 13, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 13, 2018
    freezingplatinum likes this.
  3. This is in the arcade games subforum...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. Whoops! Thanks for alerting me.. I fixed it to the correct response I was re-reading it and forgot to correct myself.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  5. Personally, I like this too. The monsters still fling you upwards so there still is a strategic aspect to the game. However this also makes getting achievements like "Pilot" easier because the longer you survive, the more chances you have of landing on the platforms and not dying due to monster inflicted damage. I really think this this adds another level of strategy to the game, and I think, personally, it should say.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  6. I think that this is an amazing idea because as @TeaSpiller said it's amazing for people who have bad internet connection and make it easier for them to play the game.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  7. I like the change a lot. There have been times when I've lagged and died because several monsters hit me back to back. Like @BaconAnEggs mentioned, getting hit by them is also a strategy some people use. I have purposely been hit to get to the pad faster or make it easier to travel across a bunch of monsters. It's a risky strategy, but it can pay off big time.
    Even if this change wasn't intentional, I hope it's kept as a permanent part of the game.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  8. As a big MM player, I loved the change honestly. I use the knockback given by mobs as a way to reach the safe pad easier, especially when I run out of coals to use. So yeah, I'd be all for keeping it

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  9. Pretty cool change that mobs thankfully don't deal damage to you.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    EwMikey likes this.
  10. Isn't the idea for players to play cautiously? I'm not opposed to keeping the no damage thing, but I wonder if that would sort of take away from the concept.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  11. This seems to be more of an feature then a bug to me

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.
  12. The lobbies with cautious players end at an early round and it's boring for the people who play the game optimally. I understand that it's a viable strategy though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2018
  13. Definitely the reason, but there's still people who lag and definitely is nice to them as they won't just get hit over and over while lagging.

Personally, I like it, but I also don't like it for the same reason as ClassN. The game is meant to be played cautiously, but of course, lag definitely ruins it for those players.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    chrris and JN_PlayzMC like this.
  14. I know people have been mentioning this adds another layer of strategy, but wouldnt having to take a health drawback when intentionally getting hit to boost to a different path also be just a skillbased?

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  15. Now bodybuilder kit is way more useless than it was before!

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    JoePCool14 likes this.
  16. That was exactly the point I was going to make! And I completely agree. Having the mobs not deal damage makes the game rather easy to be honest and completely defeats the idea of using that kit.

I think that mob damage should be brought back, but instead of 2 hearts per hit as it was previously, change it to just 1 heart per hit to make it a bit easier.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  17. Along with that, now people don't have to play as cautiously and getting hit by a monster won't be as punishing. I think it should come back, even if the damage was reduced. Receiving damage also encouraged people to reach the platform first as being first healed you for 2 hearts, instead of 1 (monsters did 2 hearts of damage).

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  18. I would not like mob damage to be added back but if it were to be then 1 heart per hit is way too low considering every time you get into the safe pad you regain 1 heart.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    JN_PlayzMC likes this.