• 454 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8187 Players Online
  • 7733 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reducing the NPC size

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Mothy, Sep 11, 2021.

?

Do you think the size of the NPCs should be reduced to normal size?

This poll will close on Mar 12, 2022 at 10:12 AM.
  1. Yes

73.7%
  2. No

31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I want to keep this thread simple. I think that Mineplex should reduce the size of their NPCs.

When the city lobby released in June 2020 it introduced something new with the NPC sizes. They made them very big which was cool at first, but when I think about it, it wasn't a good idea at all. Every previous lobby had normal sized NPCs which would fit every single game. The classics game NPC we have now fits 4 single games in, which don't get their own separate updates. All these games have been neglected and are left to die in a sense. They are crammed into 1 NPC at the left of spawn which me and others don't like since some of our favourite games are being tossed into the gutter basically. I was thinking that we could reduce the NPC sizes to normal size so that we can fit every single game into the hub. You can keep cake wars and speed builders in the middle, it doesn't matter to me, but I think every game deserves it's own NPC. This worked well in every other lobby, so why remove it now without a good reason?
    Here is a photo of the previous lobby: [​IMG]

If anyone wants to give feedback, then sure! I'd love to see people's thoughts on this idea, and feel free to give your own ideas too!
    Edit: I'm looking for bedrock players' opinions, not java people who don't even play bedrock

Posted Sep 11, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 12, 2021
  2. I would prefer the NPCs to be much larger and in more crazy poses similar to the NPCs at The Hive. Then just design the lobby appropriately to accommodate every NPC

Posted Sep 11, 2021
    Mr.KOCMOC likes this.
  3. You can't fit every game with the size of the NPCs we currently have. Try playing bedrock, and look for yourself. Every other lobby we have had on bedrock has had normal sized NPCs which can fit every game, which worked well and was changed for no reason. How would you feel if your favourite game(s) was crammed into a single NPC with a bunch of other games just to be neglected? If we had normal NPC sizes then the classics games NPC wouldn't need to exist and every game can have its own NPC. Copying hive is a stupid idea too, shouldn't copy them ever

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2021
  4. I’m gonna have to agree with you here.
    I’ve noticed as well that the classic gamemodes have dropped significantly in players, probably because a lot of players don’t even know about them since they’re in one NPC.
    Reducing the NPC sizes to normal and giving each gamemode it’s own NPC seems like a good idea to me.
    I remember back then turf wars alone would average like.. 700 players. The other classics also received more players back then when they had their own NPCs.
    Anyways, I give this idea a +1. I think this would benefit Mineplex quiet a bit, actually.

And if the community wants to keep the NPCs the same size, then maybe spawn could be revamped with more space or something for more NPCs.

Posted Sep 12, 2021
    Cloudy, jrthewall and Mothy like this.
  5. +1 give our classics games some love!

Posted Sep 12, 2021
  6. I'm going to revive this thread temporarily and add that before all these games were put into the classics games NPC, they would average a lot more players compared to now. Look at the image in my thread, it shows 217 players on turf wars. Classics games NPC doesn't even reach that amount of players until later throughout the day, and turf wars is pulling over 200 players with it's own NPC. That proves that these games do better when they have their own NPC, as the player count wasn't much different then compared to now

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2021
    ReJo likes this.
  7. its a good idea

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  8. Overall, I think this is a good idea and would like to see this implemented. Honestly, I agree with you on this and many other people think this, but putting all Classics game into a single NPC at the complete left of the lobby gives the four fantastic games limited attention. Reducing the NPC sizes would help, as these games could be spread out throughout to gain their own attention. The only downside is that I'm not sure how smaller NPC's would fit into the current lobby, and the current bases for the NPC's are 2x2 platforms, but I'm sure that the lobby could be modified (or a new lobby could be made, I and a lot of people are bored of the currently lobby xD) to accomodate smaller NPC's without looking too weird. Overall +1 from me, as this seems like a good way to support the Classics games.

Posted Sep 15, 2021
    xLqnax, ReJo, Summy and 1 other person like this.
  9. I agree with all of that

Minor lobby changes could easily be implemented to accommodate an NPC for every game including each of the Classics.
    Classics is a ridiculous idea anyways. All four games would be pulling in larger playercounts if not for being shoved into a classics NPC, never to see the spotlight again. Whilst Skyblock has an NPC still despite it being "down for maintenance" for as long as I can remember, with clearly no plans for it in the future...

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT, CloudyDay1234 and Mothy like this.
  10. I would have toagree, I think anything would be welcome to get more players on classics

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  11. Heyya!
    While I did like the older lobby, I feel the NPC size is actually better now as making them bigger then a normal player makes them really stand out. If they were just the same size as they used to be then people could mistake them for players. I personally believe that the bigger NPC sizes just make them easier to see, access, and click on. This idea is a -1 from me.

As for the other idea you suggested of making all the classic games their own NPC, I personally also disagree with this. In the past the games that are in "classics" had their own NPCs and they werent hitting very many players that way either. All the classics games were only kept/added because of the demands of players and we're set to be removed a while ago. I feel like even if they had their own NPCs they would still not get very many players as thats how it was in the past too. This idea is a -1 from me too.

Posted Sep 17, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 17, 2021
    GuardianInASuit and xLqnax like this.
  12. Heya zoe,
    Bigger NPCs does make it easier to see I agree, but they don't need to be big. If people can't see normal sized NPCs for whatever reason, they could reduce them to normal size but have a platform under them to make it obvious that they aren't a player. Normal sized NPCs worked perfectly in the older lobby, and stood out by a mile. I don't understand why having bigger NPCs changes anything.
    I feel like your point here isn't valid at all. Did you see the image in my thread? Turf wars had 217 players with it's own NPC, which is crazy! Classics games don't get much players because they're all crammed into a single NPC just to be neglected! They don't get much attention because of this as the NPC is at the left of spawn. When players click on the classics NPC they'll have an option to choose one of the 4 games which will confuse them because it isn't the same with other NPCs. These games all pulled way more players with their own NPC, and I have proof in that image, so I feel like your point isn't valid at all, that is, if you are speaking for the previous lobby. I've played this server for 4 years, I would know.
    Overall, this is easy for you to say as you don't play any of the classics games, but just think about us other players. We don't deserve this, and neither do any of the classics games. Have you ever had that feeling where you're not in control of a situation and you watch the thing you love the most get taken away from you? It's the same as this. Thank you for the feedback anyway, I hope I can change your perspective on this

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2021
    SmokeyCobYT, jrthewall and ReJo like this.
  13. The build Admin doesn't like the current Bedrock lobby anyways afaik and wants to change it completely. Maybe she'll decide to add in small NPCs again. I imagine having smaller NPCs wouldn't be a problem since I don't recall anyone ever complaining about them.

Posted Sep 17, 2021
  14. Yah we need a new lobby 100%, it’s looks to colourful for this horrible world

Posted Sep 17, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.