• 1857 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10295 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Reinstate Gem Hunters 2.0

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by AwesomeAdoGamer, Mar 11, 2019.

?

Yes or No?

This poll will close on Jun 11, 2020 at 12:39 PM.
  1. Yes

86.4%
  2. No

13.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Mineplex, I want to suggest we reinstate Gem Hunters 2.0 and I will simply get to the point:

Gem Hunters was a great game and it brought many people together. There were so many people that Gem Hunters needed many more separate lobbies and those lobbies needed to hold more people.
    It has been literal years since Mineplex got that kind of traffic and I want to see it be brought back.

Let's look at some facts:
    1) Mineplex has been declining rapidly over the past 1-1.5 years due to little/no new games or games that served a long-term purpose, like Gem Hunters. Sure, a game of block hunt can be nice and anticipating, but after it's over, what then? Another one? Another after that with little to look forward to? Gem Hunters served as an original idea in Mineplex, brought hundreds of people together to have fun, and had longer-term goals: Getting gems, crates/treasures, etc...

2) Mineplex's games are mostly short-term, with barely anybody on, and they have little to offer besides the temporary fun per game and the tiny in-game rewards. This may seem okay, but if you look at -snip-, (Advertising not intended) for instance, they also have minigames, but they have more rewards, more long-term minigames, etc... that Gem Hunters offered and they are one of the largest Minecraft servers, and we used to be close to their popularity.

Okay, so with most argument out of the way, let's discuss the new edition of the game:
    I and many others understand that the game was taken down due to bugs and hacker exploits, but these either are already fixed, or can be easily fixed.

Hacking:
    You see, the GWEN anti-cheat hasn't always been great, but now, it can kick hackers. This is game-changing (pun slightly intended) due to the fact that in Gem Hunters, combatlog existed and this would make them lose their stuff and a bit of their progress. Most hackers will eventually either get banned, ragequit, or even play legitimately, at least for a bit.

Bugs:
    From what I can gather, the game was also shut down due to bugs messing up game experiences, I have confidence in the Mineplex staff or developers team to iron out those small inconveniences.

One of the best parts of this idea is mainly that the actual game can remain largely the same, with the major difference being the bug fixes and hacker patrols.

I know for a fact that many, many people on Mineplex loved this game and were impacted when the game went down. Search up "gem hunters" and scroll down on almost any part of these forums to see this. I want Mineplex to thrive again, and I also want a game that could revive Mineplex to a better state, at least, and that can truly be rewarding in-game to those who play it. The game's gem, shard, treasure chests, and even rare rank upgrades can all remain, as they make the game rewarding. Combined with the situation of Mineplex and the subtle server changes, which have a GAME-CHANGING (Another slightly intended pun) impact on the inconveniences of the game, like weeding out hackers and fixing technical issues, can place us one step closer to making Mineplex more prosperous again!

Posted Mar 11, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 11, 2019
    SpookedCow, Acerna and Slipest like this.
  2. I think it would be great to add Gem Hunters back. I never got to play Gem Hunter (I was taking a break from Minecraft then) but from what I heard from others, it was a great game. +1

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  3. I actually never played it but I watched a video and it seems fun

My Opinion
    +1

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  4. You make two very good and thought out points.
    Personally I never played gem hunters but I have seen the gameplay and spoken to many people who enjoyed it when it was around so I would be interested to see if it made a return to Mineplex.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  5. Heyo!
    Honestly I was a major fan of Gem Hunters back in the day, and I would love to see it come back. However, there would definitely need to be some improvements. I think what players really enjoyed about the game was the chance to find rank upgrades n other items around the map so I hope if the game is brought back that factor stays. Note about the anti-cheat, GWEN has improved a ton since the release of Gem Hunters and I'm definitely more confident in how it would work in GH to lower the major count of hackers.

+1

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  6. Given the number of bugs and the fact that the playerbase was largely driven by a desire for cosmetics, I don't think it should come back. Although a fairly novel concept, the game suffered from hackers (and would continue to despite GWEN improvements), and glitches. With the number of issues with the game and the fact that the development resources are already stretched thin, I don't see this becoming a reality.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  7. Minigames aren't supposed to be long term, thats why they are called mini, and that is what Mineplex's is known for.

GWEN anticheat system has been struggling recently and developers have been working hard to ensure that it can detect new clients

As I said, the developers are working hard, and they have their priorities. It would take a lot of effort and time to bring this game back and fix the bugs.

I know I just threw a lot of criticism at you, but I do agree that this would be great for Mineplex. I just don't think it would be added now.

I give a +0.5 for this idea.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  8. Hello!

I was a huge fan of Gem Hunters it was a really fun and popular game. I would love to see it come back with major improvements though. What i really enjoyed about Gem Hunters was you could find cosmetics items in chest and it was just a free for all game which was really fun. If we were to add Gem Hunters back i would love to see more world events. I can't wait to see what other players think about this idea!

~ GuardianInASuit | Your Bedrock Guardian ~​

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  9. I did really like Gem Hunters and it is itself a very interesting and unique game. Gem Hunters was also nice in that you got to know the player base, for example, as you would've gotten to team up and become friendly with many. I don't think that mineplex should have to remain a mini-game server, if it can launch different game modes successfully without negative consequences.

However, from when gem hunters was around, the general mineplex player base has decreased a lot and it would be tricky to fill as many lobbies as before; it may not end up being a worthwhile investment of time. Many original gem hunters players might have also stopped playing or have less interest in the game now.

Hackers can also be much more annoying on a long-term game like gem hunters than most other games on the server. If you meet just one hacker at an unfortunate time, that's hours of work lost. While GWEN has definitely improved, I don't think it would be enough to reduce the number of hackers and there are not enough staff to have 'hacker patrols' and many other games would also benefit just as much from these.

Posted Mar 11, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 11, 2019
  10. I remember that Gem Hunters has existed way back before it got removed. I love all of the major points about the improvements that you brought! When Gem Hunters were released the first time, I never played it a lot in the first place. I did not realize that it may have great offers for most of the players.

If Gem Hunters are going to make huge come back to Mineplex, I can start playing Gem Hunters again. Although, it will take Developer’s time to fix all the bugs and major issues from the previous version. Also, the problem with bringing Gem Hunters back is that most of the players will unlikely to play it again.

Overall, Gem Hunters 2.0 will likely not be going to re-release it again soon in the future, but there is potential to bring it back. +1

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  11. Bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 13, 2019
  12. I hope this is added and the code for it hasn't been lost (like type wars) as I think this could work.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  13. What's up!

Gem hunters was a brilliant game of the past, I remember it was out when I was a Moderator. It was just as fun to moderate as it was to play, but I do agree with the reason why it was removed - It was removed initially as there were too many bugs for the Dev & QA team to keep up with, they were focusing on Gem Hunters meanwhile other large scale games were over due updates and needed to be fixed to keep the playerbase where it was. To sum it up, Gem Hunters wasn't experiencing enough satisfaction to have priority over the other games.

I did find the game fun, and the fact that it was infinite made it even more fun - you could play it whenever you wanted, with friends was a lot more fun. However, I feel like introducing it may split the playerbase for a period of time because of the size of it. Since we commonly sit between 1000-5000 players, if Gem Hunters was to be re-introduced, I feel like a lot of the community would run straight to it, leaving larger player games such as Bridges taking longer to fill and just having a knock on effect on the network, entering the cycle that we last ended up in.

We don't know if that would happen though, because as a matter of fact I would love to see the game be re-introduced :)

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  14. only memories i have of gem hunters are people flying to chests that had ranks in them, giving them to their friend, then cheating to keep their friend alive lol
    lost multiple valuable things just from people flying towards me
    if that game was to ever come back, they'd likely remove the things that people played GH for, or improve gwen massively

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  15. Thread merged

Hi there! So I saw both of your threads that looks similar that you have. I have already merged both of your threads to prevent duplication. In the future, please do not create the same thread in the other forums section next time.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  16. Hey there!

When Gem Hunters came out, I was a very big fan of the game. Finding loot around the ginormous map with infinite respawns was one reason that easily made it one of my favorite games on Mineplex. However, in order to make a comeback on the server, I believe a couple of issues need to be addressed such as bug fixes. But when the final product rolls around, Gem Hunters 2.0 would definitely be a fun and interesting addition to the server.

In short, I'd give this idea a +1.

Posted Mar 16, 2019
  17. Bump #2?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2019
  18. I'ma hit this one with a big ol -1.
    First off mineplex has shown through clans that they can barely handle a long term game. Clans is riddled with bugs, that instead of just ruining a 10 minute game can destroy months of work. Its also infested with hackers and is rarely patrolled by staff. The current season has been running for months with no reset or patches to the numerous glitches.
    Secondly hackers are still a massive problem. GWEN may kick someone flying across the map (sometimes) but kill aura, reach, and b hop go by undetected. Gem hunters would always need an active mod looking around for blatant hackers, and closet hackers could still play with a huge advantage.

Posted Mar 26, 2019
  19. Bump #3???

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2019
  20. I'd love to see Gem Hunters return! I was never able to experience it originally and I would love to tru it. After watching a couple videos on YouTube... I'm hooked.

Posted Mar 30, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.