• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3297 Players Online
  • 3297 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

/rejoin, afk kicking

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by PengWINpete, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Please add /rejoin so if I get AFK kicked or lag out I can rejoin. You should also make the timer for afk kicking longer.

Posted Dec 8, 2022
  2. Honestly I find this to be counterproductive towards the reason/one of the reasons we have the afk timer in place, to prevent stat boosting by just afk'ing in games and racking up xp. People could probably make some sort of macro to automatically type /rejoin each time they are kicked, without them even having to be at their computer.

The timer gives 10 seconds for you to move so you won't be kicked, along with noises to alert you if you're looking somewhere else, which I feel is enough time.

Posted Dec 9, 2022
    Greyhound10 and tori like this.
  3. I would like to see a /rejoin command, but I agree that because the afk timer is in place in the first place it would be counter productive. However, for something such as lagging out or simply accidently disconnecting, a /rejoin would be awesome. Maybe put a system in place that check for an AFK kick, and if you weren't disconnected from the timer you can run the /rejoin command. If you were AFK kicked, a message like "You cannot rejoin the game because you were AFK kicked" or something.

The AFK timer is in place because like Em said stat boosting is a big issue on Bedrock. The timer itself is 1 minute if you go AFK while in game. If you go AFK in the waiting lobby and the game starts, it gives you 10 seconds to start moving again.

I would honestly like to see the timer itself be bumped up to 2 minutes, but anything more than that is useless in my opinion. However, the 10 seconds you're given if you go AFK in the waiting lobby and the game starts is enough in my opinion. Since its coupled with ticks that alert you the game started, theres really no reason to miss it unless you actually get up and leave your device, in which case why are you even still waiting for the game to start lol

Posted Dec 9, 2022
    StormStqr and Greyhound10 like this.
  4. Perhaps add a cool-down time to the /rejoin command. This would prevent the use of macros as the exp gained would be minimal. You could have a system that limits you 1 rejoin/game. This would also squash the effectiveness of using a macro.

I believe that something along these lines should be implemented as I can see plenty of people having trouble with this. We can’t shoot down ideas simply because they ‘might’ be abused. You can add tweaks to these ideas to dissuade macros, but ultimately the main deterrent should be the punishments handed out by staff.

Posted Dec 9, 2022,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2022
    CloudyDay1234 likes this.
  5. Make it to where you can rejoin champs if you get disconnected. The most annoying thing ever is being lag kicked from a dom match then having to wait the entire game out just to keep playing.

Posted Dec 9, 2022
  6. As mentioned above, we already have a system that prevents AFK which is also a huge obstacle for statt boosters. It's true, when we are implementing a command like /rejoin, there will be an increased chance of abusing this command by simply using an automated macro or anything else which has the same function as that. In my opinion, it will be a lot unsafer, so that's why we have it automatically implemented in the server's system. The AFK timer is fine as it is at the moment in my view. It gives you a long time to get moving.

Posted Dec 9, 2022