• 756 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9194 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Rejoin Command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by komoriku, Sep 22, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering if we could possibly add a rejoin command? One of the reasons that I think adding a rejoin command would be if I was AFK for the first 10 minutes of a bridges game and want to come back before the 10 minutes are up, I would definitely be able to do so. Sometimes I will have the option to rejoin the game but this doesn’t always work. I don’t really play many other games so I don’t know how beneficial this would be to other games, but I know that if there's somewhat an option to rejoin a game there should be a command so you could manually do it and always have the option to do so. I have tried to do /rejoin a few times to see if it was a command and it would say that the command doesn’t exist. Another reason that I think added a rejoin command would be if someone is in party with their friends and would like to continue to play with them, they would be able to. I also dislike how if I do rejoin a game by following a friend, or just doing, for example, /server BR-2, I would automatically become a spectator even if I was actually a player and died/got afk kicked. Having the rejoin command would make players, dead or not, still get EXP and perhaps a win. I feel like many people don't use the /server command unless reporting someone in Staff Request so if they would like to rejoin to see the gameplay they could do that easier, or even not knowing about the /server command could make reporting someone easier. If anyone is interested in my idea I’ll gladly explain some more !!

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  2. A rejoin feature already exists in games such as Cake Wars, Bridges, and Block Hunt. If the “Click here to rejoin your last game” doesn’t show up in chat, it’s most likely because you don’t have the option to anymore. This is most likely because Cake Rot occurred or the Bridges fell, which if it was either of these cases, it would be unfair to allow players to rejoin after. If you’re aware of this already then could you give me some clarification on what you’re suggesting? If you’re suggesting a command for this specifically then I wouldn’t mind it but it isn’t totally necessary if the rejoin message in chat already appears.

You also stated that you could’ve been “AFK kicked” in the first 10 minutes of the game. If you’re unable to join back, it’s not really the games fault but more on you in my opinion. If you go AFK from the game and end up disconnecting, you shouldn’t be allowed to join back, especially if the Bridges fell or the game is almost done. Even if it was before the time Bridges fall, I feel like it’s still unnecessary since you shouldn’t be AFK’ing in any game really, it’s unfair to those who actually put effort into the game. Now, you could say it would be a disadvantage to AFK since you wouldn’t have any resources, armour, etc, but you have about 5 minutes before getting kicked. To prevent this from happening, just completely disconnect from the network and if you come back, the option to rejoin will appear.

With that said, it’s going to be a -1 from me since the rejoin message already appears. If it doesn’t for multiple instances, I advise you to make a bug report at mineplex.com/bugs so the issue can be forwarded to QA. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    hazeae24, Glamourized and komoriku like this.
  3. Heyo!

As nolawn already stated above, this would be a very unfair feature to add on the network. If you're playing a game, you should be active in it and not have to be removed for not playing the game that you decided to play. If you get removed for being afk, that's mainly on you, and the only reasonable explanation would be to not go afk. It would be unfair for players if a person who wasn't even playing in the first place came back, and overall just very annoying (in my opinion at least.)

As for the command in general, this would already be very unfair since hackers could easily just rejoin games if they were GWEN kicked, which I assume isn't something most players would enjoy. I know this doesn't exist right now, since if you get GWEN kicked you aren't able to rejoin, but I still wouldn't want to see this happening. Even if you don't mean it this way, I still am not too fond of it since it already would be unfair for players if they rejoined after a specific moment had already occurred throughout the game (for example, Cake Wars when cake rot happens, you shouldn't be able to rejoin after that. When the bridges fall, you shouldn't be able to rejoin after that, and so on.)

Not only that, it would be also very difficult for players to rejoin after a long period of time throughout the game. You respawn in with the basics, and if you're already in late-game, this would be very unfair and wouldn't really be useful. I could see within the first few minutes being reasonable, but other than that, I don't see a point for this command being added. There are already a few games that provide this option, and they are the main games that need it at the moment as well.

Overall, I'm going to leave this idea at a -1. There isn't much of a point to it, and it would most likely negatively affect the game play anyways. Good idea though, hopefully this helped!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    hazeae24 and komoriku like this.
  4. Hello!

As stated by the lovely users above, a /rejoin command has already been implemented on Mineplex. There is a short 3 - 5 minute window where you can rejoin certain games, but after specific conditions, you will be unable to rejoin. For example, you cannot rejoin after the bridges have dropped in BR, after your cake has been eaten in CW, or if you are kicked by GWEN. We will not be extending the rejoin time because it will increase those who are attempting to AFK and stat boost in games. Overall, this idea has already been implemented and we do not plan on making alterations to the AFK kick timer.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea or my response to it, feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked ~ Idea Implementedd
    Idea is already implemented, but we are not extending the AFK kick timer

Posted Oct 5, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.