• 482 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6300 Players Online
  • 5818 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Remove achievement kit dependent missions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by supahCabbage11, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While doing some sam-the-slime missions, I found a few of them to require achievement kits which I didn't have. The two that I've seen, are a mission which require you to infest blocks in Block Hunt using the Infestor Hider kit, and one where you're required to use the Frosting kit's snowballs to kill people in Cakewars. Since I didn't have these kits, nor was I willing to grind out 100 total wins before the end of the week, I just discarded them, as would anyone who finds out they literally can't complete it. My proposal is to just either remove them, or replace them with something more accessible to players who don't have the achievement kits.

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    Dulciloquy and Paladise like this.
  2. I agree it would be nice if Mineplex were to implement some system which automatically detects whether you have an achievement kit or not and then base missions off of that

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    dyl4nswrld likes this.
  3. In my opinion, the achivement kit tasks are important part of the pool of tasks handed out by Sam. Choosing between removing or giving them only to the player when they unlock the kit they need, I would prefer the second option, but only after answer from someone more familiar with coding things on Mineplex, it will be possible to judge whether such option is possible to keep those tasks in the pool of players with the necessary achivement kit.

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  4. Hey there,

It's definitely annoying when you get missions you can't complete from Sam due to achievement kits, but I don't think they should be completely removed. Instead, Mineplex should implement a system that is able to detect what kits you have and base your missions from Sam off of that (as previously mentioned by @Paladise). This would be a great QoL update and I hope to see it added soon!

Posted Apr 15, 2021
  5. Yeah, that was something I was also thinking. If Sam the Slime could detect what kits you have unlocked, it can base some of the missions off that. I think the missions in general are pretty great, since it gives some kind of incentive to try other games. The missions are actually what got me playing Cakewars.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 15, 2021
  6. Hello!

This is an interesting idea and a concept I've never put much thought into. Yes, it does not really make sense as to why you should be getting incompletable missions, but on the contrary it gives you incentive to earn achievement kits so you can complete future missions. Looking at it from both of these perspectives I'm not sure if this was an intended feature or if it was a mistake. If it was an intended feature I can understand the perspective of why this decision was made, but if it is a bug I think the addition of a detection feature to prevent people from getting missions they cannot complete would be the best resolution to the issue.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  7. Nothing much to comment on that's already been restated, but this'll likely be changed if missions get a whole entire rework which to my awareness has been vaguely discussed in the Game Insights discord, but I'm not sure if it's a priority. Best thing to do for now is ignore those missions if you can't complete them.

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  8. Hello!

Something what you have suggested here was recently brought up to discussion on Mineplex Community Center Discord server where most people agreed that it'd be cool to see removing of missions which requires Achievement kit. I can agree as well it's not cool getting missions which require to have achievement kit, and you should always be getting only missions which are possible to complete for you.

That idea is something which is already planned to do for the future updates, so it will be included to future updates proposals from CCO team soon. As for now, I will mark that idea thread as Processed. Thanks for submitting your idea!

~ Idea Processed

Posted May 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.