• 1083 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9521 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

remove all perm bans?

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by aaaaaaaaaaa, Aug 4, 2019.

?

remove all perm bans?

1. yes

25.0%
  2. no

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a friend who got banned 3 years ago for hacking and he cant appeal but hes changed and does not hack anymore this also may be the same for lots of others who play this server. I think in 2020 they should remove all perm bans {including inappropriate name skin and cape if they changed it and perm gwen bans and network bans} Ive seen most pot pvp servers that are doing pretty well Have ban resets. I think this would be a good way to give players a second chance and if they mess up again they should be re perm banned and then stay banned if they waste there second chance.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  2. I’m gonna have to say no to this. The last time there was a mass-unban, the server went into an uproar because of the increase in hackers. The community was upset and so were staff. Doing this again will just cause more issues.

If your friend wants to get unbanned, or someone wants to get un-network banned, they’ll need to appeal it like anyone else over at Mineplex.com/appeals and they’ll need to show that they’ve changed. This system is a lot safer and won’t cause catastrophic damage.

Second chances are already possible. Sure they can be difficult to achieve but believe me, it’s definitely possible. I wish your friend and anyone who wishes to appeal a permanent ban good luck!

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    fske, ClassN and Sakeusi like this.
  3. Im saying they should just re punish them if they mess up again
    --- Post updated ---
    and he also already had 2 accepted appeals
    --- Post updated ---
    same goes for my other friend who was network banned in march 2018
    --- Post updated ---
    and they both made special appeals when they added them and they got denied
    --- Post updated ---
    I also think if they dont remove perm bans they should maybe like shorten them and make them like 1 year long or something I think that would be lots of time to think about what they have done
    --- Post updated ---
    I just think its a little harsh to keep them banned forever
    --- Post updated ---
    I understand lots of people make mistakes and no ones perfect I just think perm banned players who cant appeal anymore should get 1 more chance sometime

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2019
  4. I don't know how many second chances hackers expect to get. They have plenty of them already.

If you want to play on the server, don't hack. And having already exhausted two appeals? Each of those was a second chance that your friend didn't take advantage of. As far as I'm concerned, he should stay banned, along with the rest of the people that actively chose to ruin games for other people.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  5. I just think should get 1 more chance but be punished again and stay punished if they do it again but alot of people are young when they mess up like my friend was 13 when he messed up and now hes 16 and changed alot same prob goes for lots of other players
    --- Post updated ---
    like if not remove bans maybe make perm bans like a year or let players have a 3rd appeal that has more than 1 use?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2019
  6. Hackers deserve to be permabanned.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  7. We understood the frustration of our old rules (e.g. where we used to perm ban hackers and giving another chance to those with a severe ban on their account) and created a a special appeal just for them. This special appeal specifically does this:
    "Starting January 2019, we will be granting players another chance at appealing for their permanent punishments. This is mostly targeted for players whose accounts were compromised and if they had been permanently banned for inappropriate names, skins or capes. Regardless, we are also looking to give players another chance if they were permanently banned for hacking as well."

Please note your friend will only get ONE shot at this special appeal per account. You can do the special appeal here. If you want more information on our special appeal and on how to appeal, I strongly suggest you read the appeal guide.

So yes, a third appeal is a thing and it's called our special appeal. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns and I'll be locking this as it's been addressed.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.