• 61 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 919 Players Online
  • 858 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Evolution

Discussion in 'Evolution' started by Pangaea_, Jul 16, 2021.

?

Remove evolution from Arcade

1. Remove Evolution

33.3%
  2. Keep Evolution (please explain in reply)

66.7%
  1. I'm just going to state that I really dislike this game. Can anyone who really likes this game please tell me why they like it so much and why they want it to stay. I wouldn't want this removed from MPS, but just arcade.

Posted Jul 16, 2021
    Paladise and venez. like this.
  2. yeah evo stinky

Posted Jul 16, 2021
    chrris, Paladise and venez. like this.
  3. Heyo,

I personally rage really hard at this game, it just bugs me, you work endlessly to evolve...then you're dead. Personally, I don't think it should be removed but rather revamped. May I ask why you don't like it?

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. Alright, it may not be in my best interest to say this, but I agree. I do get mad at this game, and I know its stupid, but thats why I don't like it. Even glads and one in the quiver, both of which I have never won, I enjoy more than evolution. I think, you and others players may understand that this game consists of people just cleaning. If you are unclear what I mean, is when you fight someone and win, and are down to something like one heart, and then you are attacked and die.

I remember the older version of evolution somewhat, and there were more mobs that you could evolve into, and I liked it somewhat more for that. But if I were to "rank" my favorite mixed arcade games evolution would be dead last, and I think that could be the same for other experienced arcade players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2021
    Paladise and Harrry like this.

5. That's exactly why I don't really like the game either, you've got a lot of people cleaning other people but when you do kill someone, doesn't it give you health? But even then, someone will still kill you. I don't really recall what the old game version of Evolution was like, what was the like? I might know what you're referring to but I need more information. And I think you're right, a lot of people I know dislike that game a ton.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
  6. I don't remember the specifics of the earlier evolution game, but I think the kits were different or maybe there were no kits. I think enderman was also one of the morphs, and 6 was not the winning number. I remember playing it a few years ago at an event I think, but this was before the current version is out, so I don't remember all the exact details anymore. I might have only liked it then because it was my first time playing it.

OP OP
    Harrry likes this.
  7. I'd hate to remove the game; although it can be frustrating sometimes, it's still fun for me and is a unique game. I support some idea of a rework to make it less annoying and feel a bit better but nothing too crazy as Evolution itself, as is, can be really enjoyable.

For now, you just need to find good spots to hide when you kill someone, which could be solved with maps. Otherwise, you'll just get cleaned. My strategy is to find someone on the outskirts of the map and evolve as fast as possible in a hidden spot.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    Harrry likes this.
  8. I definitely agree with you that personally evolution is not enjoyable, but that doesn't mean that nobody likes it. Removing the game just because you personally don't like it just wouldn't make sense, and would garner a negative reaction from those who enjoy the game. Though I am impressed how 37.5% of people who voted want it removed.

Posted Jul 17, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Thanks for the response @maevestarbaby ,
    I'm glad to here you enjoy the game. I agree hiding is a good strategy, especially with Iron golems who can use seismic slam like a leap to escape a fight, or the chicken kit which can be used by spamming double jump to escape someone by getting to a high place, and then being able to evolve. However, the other 4 morphs, blaze, spider, creeper, and slime, don't have great abilities to help escape a fight (at least I don't believe slime slam can allow you to jump up high vertically). The problem is that cleaning in this game often goes hand in hand with targeting. Since, cleaning and targeting are (at least in my opinion) more useful strategies than hiding in this game, they become the two main strategies that this game is known for. Something I've noticed about most of the evolution games is the that the "general fighting" occurs in one or two places which allows the other players to notice you and clean you, or continue to run after you (which I know isn't targeting, but it can become targeting).

As for a revamp, I think switching out all the current 6 mobs, and replacing them on a weekly/monthly basis would be good although I don't see this happening (even if it had the support) because the Devs haven't updated games in a while. Also, if this wasn't an arcade game that relied on speed, changing the winning number from 6 would be good in my opinion.

I understand that this game will not, nor should not be deleted just because I dislike it. The point of this thread is also not to spread negativity regarding the game, but to rather look at its noticeable flaws, and see if any one else dislikes the game and wants it removed like me.

OP OP
    Paladise likes this.
  10. I'm always confused when people say this game is just 100% cleaning. I... don't get cleaned that often. I'm not sure if it's just a difference to how I play and approach the game, or I just get lucky and no one targets me? I stick to the edges and I'm usually fine. I try not to go to the "general fighting" areas bc that's just asking to get cleaned.

It'd be nice if Health Harvester worked correctly, and we have plans to extend that ability to a smaller extent to everyone, where you get a percentage of your health back on kill, depending on the proportion (or raw damage, not sure) of damage you dealt to them. That'll go a long way to make cleaning less annoying, but my opinion from my experience playing the game is still that you can absolutely avoid excessive cleaning by just playing the game differently. Targeting is a whole other issue that's impossible to fix though, so that's a fair reason to dislike the game.

Posted Jul 20, 2021
    Fall likes this.
  11. It needs a revamp, not a remove. One of the changes I want for Evolution is the effect of killing a player: Instead of healing, the killer gets resistance or speed to prevent cleaning and have time to get cover and evolve.

Posted Aug 10, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 11, 2021
  12. the game is fun, the players who play it are not

Posted Aug 18, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.