• 768 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9206 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove 'GWEN's Treasure Chest' from GUI

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Xukuri, Sep 13, 2019.

1. You can still buy Gwen chests in the treasure chest menu in the lobby, despite the game having been removed. This should be removed to stop people accidentally buying chests for things they can't use. New players might not know that it no longer exists and could waste their shards buying them.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Danese, dragiceviccv, Segwat and 2 others like this.
  2. Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  3. I agree with this. I'm pretty sure it's been brought up before and it got a lot of attention and was liked by many. I'm 100% sure this isn't a bug and they just left it in the chest GUI fot some odd reason. Since HoG isn't a game anymore, I completely support the removal of GWEN chests.

+1 from me

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    xxRealCheetahxx, Segwat and Xukuri like this.
  4. I have made around 2 threads on this and seen about 10 others. Unfortunately, the production team's answer is that they will be kept here on the server for unspecified reasons. I myself couldn't agree more with this but it looks like they will be staying here on the server for a long time.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Danese and Xukuri like this.
  5. I don't think it's necessary to remove GWEN treasure chest from the server. Maybe the production team wants to keep it anyways. Who knows that players may use this chest to find some legendary stuff there. I'd never opened a GWEN chest for a while, and I may need to open it sometimes. I'm not sure if the production team will be happy about removing the GWEN chest from the server?

I don't think it's a bug because I can be able to access to GWEN chest and it's purchasable. Players can still be able to buy the chests too.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  6. I believe that the reasoning for keeping it, was because Heroes of GWEN is still in the MPS. Thus, anyone who is an avid collector of these cosmetics would be able to purchase and use them in their MPS. Although, personally, I don't entirely think it's necessary to have them continued. Considering Heroes of GWEN isn't being worked on, and was already removed, having chests for it can be misleading for newer players. The last thing we want is a newer player to attempt to purchase a chest and end up getting the GWEN one, as they thought it was for something different. I'm all for removing it, but it's up to production/marketing at the end of the day.

As Phamtastic said, this isn't a bug. The chest being there is completely intentional. If they were to remove it, it would be for other reasons; rather than for a bug. :)

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    RobbiinK and Xukuri like this.
  7. Even if the game is still accessible in MPS or if there is a comeback planned for it, I don't think the replies from staff members here illustrate this in a good way. If the game is not playable, keeping GWEN's treasure chests can only cause problems, and here's one particular example: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/i-made-a-mistake-and-i-am-fuming.69887/

It also just takes up unnecessary space, and if it's not going to be removed completely, then at least hide it from the GUI.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Danese and Xukuri like this.
  8. I wouldn't mind seeing GWEN's Treasures being removed from the GUI. Because Heroes of GWEN cosmetics have no use on the server, it makes sense to remove the chest. However, I believe players should receive some sort of notification to open these chests before they get removed so that players who still have GWEN treasures left can claim the rewards as soon as possible. This would be necessary to satisfy players who still have these chests and to everyone who would like to see it erased. Overall, I don't really see the need to keep GWEN's Treasure in the chest GUI and would like to see a warning if it is planned to be removed.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  9. You can still see holiday-specific chests on the second page of the GUI. You can open them if you have them, but there's no way to purchase them outside of their required holiday. GWEN chests could be like this as well, which would solve both problems easily.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. I've considered that option as well but while it may be an effective solution, I believe the second page of the GUI is strictly reserved for holidays. However, it wouldn't be a big deal if an exception were to be made; as you mentioned, it would be much better suited in the second page rather than the first.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  11. Let me tell you a story.
    One day I was feeling pretty good about myself because I just made 20000 shards. I went to a lobby and was going to buy myself a nice Illuminated chest, but for some reason I wasn't paying attention and I just bought "the blue chest". I go over to open the chest and lo and behold, I get a HoG cosmetic. A sad time in life, but it was pretty much my fault.
    This nice little story brings me to my point. I think removing that chest would be a good thing, but not necessarily necesary. You see, I think the GUI can have a little subsection for game cosmetics chests, or there can be a warning on the HoG chest to prevent mistakes in purchaces.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  12. It doesn't necessarily have to go on the second page. Omega chests are on the first page and they are unpurchasable as well. I just meant that this could be applied to the GWEN chests as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2019
    AceSJus likes this.
  13. Perhaps making it so players cannot purchase these chests accidentally, but I don't see why we'd remove it permanently. Some players may still have those chests and we'd just be removing their chances of opening them. And plus, like mentioned above, HoG is still in MPS. So technically the cosmetics still could be used? But if we made it so it's no longer purchasable at some point, that would prevent players from accidentally buying it. Or at the very least change the location so it's not mistaken for a different chest.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  14. The only real point of them is to get the lobby morphs, the game cosmetics rather useless

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  15. Thank you so much for telling me , i was going to save up not for 1 gwen treasure , not for even 4 gwen treasures but for only 3. I wanted to know what is the difference between it and the illuminated chest, is the loot different?

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  16. I think that the chest should stay in the store for the morphs and for if the game ever comes back in the future. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to place a disclaimer before you buy it reminding people that the game doesn't exist at this time and that all cosmetics are useless unless the game returns.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
  17. This is not a bug, I assure you.

There have been numerous suggestions regarding this change by many players across the network (including myself).

To be completely honest, I think the only reason that GWEN chests still exist is that Mineplex's development team is prioritizing "major" updates. (Quotations represent an acknowledgment of the controversy regarding this statement, not sarcasm).

Updates such as bug fixes, holiday celebrations, game development, game fixes, etc., all take hundreds and, in some cases, even thousands of hours to produce, and relocating 6 or so cosmetics that are meaningful and not completely and utterly useless (I am, of course, referring to GWEN morphs) is simply a much lower priority than ensuring that a series of known bugs that can completely ruin the experience of a game mode are squashed.

I am not saying, however, that this "fix," if you will, should not be implemented. In fact, to be completely honest, I think that after more than a year and a half of this game mode's disposal, the chests associated with this game mode that primarily produce nothing more than cosmetics exclusive to this abolished game mode should have been addressed long ago. In fact, I find it preposterous that, in the abolishment of this game mode, and it's exile to an MPS, where it does little more than collect dust, the chests associated with this game mode were not addressed whilst the removal of this game ensued. GWEN chests make absolutely no sense as it stands. 99% of the time, you will get cosmetics only related to Heros of GWEN, as well as the associated duplicates.

The fact that a mere 5 GWEN chests cost 100,000 shards and produce nothing more than the items stated earlier makes these chests a complete waste of time and shards. You could buy 5 illuminated chests for this price, and have a guarantee of obtaining 5 cosmetics that you did not already have, which, by the way, can, at the very least, still be used. Though getting an uncommon CAT disc from one of these chests is, how do you say, unfortunate; at least you can actually use that CAT disc! What exactly are you going to do with HOG NPC skins? Look at them in your cosmetic inventory and enjoy the icon that they possess? I think I would rather spend my 20k shards on something that I can actually use in-game...

And yes, there are some players who play this game in an MPS; however, these players are those who were already quite fond of this game. Just like us former Castle Siegers, they play this game because they still quite enjoy it. And, just like Castle Siege, this game, sadly, cannot be truly experienced in an MPS. Although the game does not require around 50 players to experience the legitimate gameplay experience, something about playing MPS-exclusive game modes just doesn't feel the same as playing these game modes when they were live on the network. And, should these players still frequently purchase GWEN chests in order to obtain cosmetics that they then use in an MPS, the fact is that, unfortunately, in the community as a whole, they are the minority. The duplications of this type of thread are proof of this. The numerous forum threads regarding players expressing their frustration towards the purchasing of GWEN chests are also proof of this.

I agree with this idea. There are numerous chests in the cosmetic chest GUI that are simply not purchasable. In fact, I still have 2 of the old-old love chests that I cannot open (and never will be able to open).

I think that 2 things could be done with the GWEN chests that would satisffy everybody involved.

1. Make them no longer obtainable.
    and
    2. Transition the GWEN lobby morphs into the regular chests system (old, ancient, mythical, illuminated)

For the people who still have a few of these chests (god knows why they do and simply haven't opened them for free shards considering it contains duplicates and such), they can still choose to open them.

For literally everybody else who feels that these chests are completely useless, a waste of shards, a waste of time, and, quite literally, infuriating and rage-inducing, now they A. can't accidentally purchase them and B. can actually obtain these cool morphs without throwing away tens to hundreds of thousands of shards at a time.

Yes, I, too, have seen many higher-ups state that these types of ideas are "Not Planned" because the production team doesn't want them removed. Never a rationale, never a quote from somebody who is ACTUALLY a member of that team, never a source, nothing. Just "No," and "Because production said so." -locked-

For any production team members reading this, or anybody who is in any way affiliated with them, let me ask you this simple question. Why? What purpose do GWEN treasures have for Mineplex? They aren't bought with actual currency, so there are no profits coming from it. Heros of GWEN is removed, so there's no "attraction" for newcomers. The only logical reason I could ever see for keeping these chests, in my eyes, would be if development is creating a game mode that is almost entirely identical to Heros of GWEN, which could actually make use of these cosmetic. Yet, it is quite logical to assume that, after a year and a half, simply nothing is being done with this old game. If the resuscitation of this fatally incapacitated game mode was actually in the works, I feel that the implementation of a refurbished Heros of GWEN would have already taken place. Considering the numerous other large-scale projects and general releases that have been implemented across the network in its entirety, whether temporarily or permanently, over the course of the past 18+ months, I highly doubt that any form of a revival of this long lost game mode is currently in the works. Thus, the currently purchasable remanents of this long-dead game serve no purpose at all, other than to bamboozle new players who are unaware of the current cosmetics system in place, infuriate and generally enrage players who quickly go through and purchase a chest from the lobby chest stands, annoy and aggravate players who spend hundreds of thousands of shards in the attempt to obtain a morph currently unobtainable through any other means, or bring nothing more than faint nostalgia and reminiscents of the memories of joy and glee once felt towards that game to older players who used to play that game on a daily basis prior to its removal.

As it stands, I, personally, would like to, at the very least, see these chests no longer purchasable and, alongside this, have the morphs obtainable from GWEN treasures migrated into the general cosmetics system.

Posted Sep 29, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 29, 2019
    DC_20, Klobby, Xukuri and 1 other person like this.