• 4124 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13650 Players Online
  • 9526 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Remove "Join messages/alerts on server join"

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BDIZZ, Feb 9, 2020.

• General Rudeness Severity 1
    It's annoying and not needed.

You can't be serious with this -snip-

Posted Feb 9, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Feb 9, 2020
  1. I understand that these Immortal join messages have been spammy/slightly annoying today, but I don't think that removing them as a whole is the solution. I've seen a couple players in-game suggest the idea of turning these Join Messages off via /prefs. I think that this is the more plausible idea, seeing as though we already have a couple of options regarding chat usage in /prefs.

The reason that I don't think that removing these Join Messages is the right idea is because it's one of the perks of having the Immortal subscription. While some players may find it annoying, others that have purchased this subscription may enjoy having their name announced every time they enter a lobby. I think that implementing a /prefs option for seeing it in chat would be the best idea for it.

I would also like to add a suggestion to this. I think that people that have purchased the Immortal subscription should have in option in /prefs to toggle off their own Join Messages. Some people may not be too keen on having their name announced across an entire lobby every time they join, and I think that having the option to turn it off in /prefs would be a nice Quality of Life update.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  2. you still see if you turn chat off

add an option in prefs

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
  3. Heyo!

I don't think this would be a good solution to this as it's a nice new perk added to the rank which I really like. Though I know it can get very annoying when a bunch of Immortal's join the lobby at once. Though I like the idea that @freddey said, that it would be a preference to turn off via /prefs! That sounds like a good solution for players who don't want to see it!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  4. I myself, (having the rank) can infer that it is annoying and as said by spikecreates "It's a nice new perk" it's quite the opposite you see, players already have their chat blown up by many other notifications such as, chest openings, rewards from chests, spammers, etc so I think Mineplex should make a feature to atleast turn messages such as these off, thanks for your time.

Sicerely, Luke

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    BDIZZ likes this.
  5. I agree. It's too spammy and unnecessary.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy, BDIZZ and mab8400 like this.
  6. It should just be removed. Why even have it if it can be turned off?

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    BDIZZ, Overstuffed and mab8400 like this.
  7. Remove it. It is literally so annoying and I can't even focus on what people are saying. A party of Immortals could simply join, unjoin, join, and so on and basically create a spam bot. Just remove it.

Please.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  8. Same for stacker
    If people spam right click on you, you just get some weird Invalid packet message, and it will drop you out of the server.
    If you add stuff like that, make sure to add an option to disable it. Can't be that hard.

Add it in /prefs to disable it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy and mab8400 like this.
  9. It can't be turned off that's the issue.:squint:

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. Hey! I can see where you're coming from. It can get really spamming especially today since it was just released. However, I think over time it should calm down and get less spammy. I don't think it should be fully removed. But, I like the idea of being able to toggle it in /prefs. Overall, I think it should be toggleable.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  11. This is exactly what was said when legend came out, yet people still supported stopping the join messages. Monetization has nothing to do with it if there's ads all over the server

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    Mitchy and xGetRektedx like this.
  12. there is literally no need to add a message every time an immortal joins a lobby. you suggest that they add the ability for players to turn it off in prefs... but then everyone is going to turn it off. I think for the most part no one could care less if their name is displayed to the whole lobby. I know I sure don't.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  13. 100% agree. People keep trying to troll others by kicking them every time they join a lobby by stacking them.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  14. Hello.

I understand your frustration, but honestly, removing it isn’t necessary. Immortals do pay a fair amount of money for the subscription, and they should be allowed whatever perks the rank offers. I wouldn’t mind having some way to turn it off - as it can cause lag spikes for me, but it really doesn’t need much attention.

I appreciate your concern, but overall, it’s not a major problem Mineplex needs to fix.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  15. It isn’t that big of a problem. Sure, the chat can get a bit spammy, but it is anyway if there’s a large amount of people. Honestly, it isn’t really something to complain about. Mineplex tried to do some good and make people happy, you can’t really get mad at them for that.

Posted Feb 9, 2020
  16. Idea not planned

Sadly, the Production Team has denied this idea at the moment, this is possibly subject to change in the future but the idea is currently not planned. Due to this, I'll apply the "Not planned" and leave the thread open for discussion.

Posted Feb 24, 2020