• 1538 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7029 Players Online
  • 5491 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Monster Maze

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by PineapplePepsi, May 13, 2021.

1. There is seriously no point for this game to exist.

- There's 3 maps
    - It's impossible to do map parsing
    - It's extremely bugged
    - It's also extremely boring

This game acts like some random filler game nobody wanted in mixed arcade and this game hasn't been updated in 5 years.
    It's just you spamming space bar until the other people are stressed out and fall into the water/lava.
    The entire game is extremely boring as it's a game that ends when 1 person is last standing.
    Games can last around 10/15 minutes I've seen ones go a lot longer.
    It's impossible to do map parsing (which basically just means there can't be any more maps)
    There's nothing you can really do to save monster maze so removing it would be a better option.

Posted May 13, 2021,
    Last edited May 13, 2021
  2. -doesnt matter
    -so?
    -somewhat right but not too gamebreaking
    -opinion

-wrong
    -wrong
    -opinion
    -so?

Game doesn't need saving

Posted May 13, 2021
    MC_Minium and Anna. like this.
  3. Pretty rude reply tbh

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2021
  4. Read your post

Posted May 13, 2021
  5. My post isn't rude??? I'm not expecting someone to reply to my post with so much anger.

Also you said "wrong, wrong" and nothing else which doesn't help explain why it is wrong.

OP OP
  6. If we're gonna talk about "helpful" lets see if this post provided any helpful solutions to the gamemode. Just a low level who doesn't like the gamemode. I encourage you to try games like turf wars and wither assault.

Posted May 13, 2021
  7. I'm level 50 and play mixed arcade pretty regularly. I also said this game should be removed since it's non salvageable. What about turf wars and wither assault? The post doesn't focus on any other games.

OP OP
  8. It seems you dislike longer games and games that you may not understand... I'd assume that you're not able to understand many things. Lets end this here as we can let some random game insights dude mark this as not planned.

Posted May 13, 2021
  9. I made more points than it just being a long game. If the game is long and actually good then nobody will complain. It seems like you have a strong grudge against this thread for no reason.

OP OP
    CheeseySF likes this.
  10. Hi,
    I think Monster Maze is actually one of Arcade's best games and should definitely not be removed. To break down your main reasons you say
    -there's 3 maps, I don't see if this has anything to do with how good or bad a game is. I would to think that many like myself do not care how many maps a game has.
    -it's impossible to do parsing, I honestly didn't know what this word meant so I looked it up. If you mean it's hard to separate people out I get what you mean. However, I feel making people invisible for the whole game, or at least part of it would fix this issue. I don't believe this issue should result in the game being removed.
    -It's extremely bugged, yes, the game can be laggy, but I don't know what bugs you are talking about. If you can actually prove there are any you should probably report it.
    -it's boring, this is your personal preference, and not everyone agrees with you. Like I just stated above I like the game.
    Like you, I agree this game should be updated, however if it is not I still do not believe this should result in the game being removed.

Posted May 14, 2021
    MC_Minium likes this.
  11. I personally quite enjoy monster maze. I don't play MIN much at all, but I would say some of the games I don't enjoy as much as others, doesn't mean they need to be removed. I enjoy this game and don't think it needs to be removed unless we're removing a couple at a time that the community as a whole seems to dislike. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean others agree, and it doesn't mean it needs to be removed.

Posted May 14, 2021
  12. - Then what's the point of them to exist?

- I'm not talking about separating people. I never stated in my post about making people invisible.

- If you've played monster maze more than 5 times you'd know there's a giant load of bugs than just "lag".

- It is extremely -snip- boring. If you enjoy so it that much then that's YOUR personal preference. MY Personal preference is that I don't like the game and suggested for it to be removed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2021
  13. Neverrr I love Monster Maze, lol

Even if the maps are hardcoded and the build team does not have access to its parsing system, it's still a legendary game (in my eyes). Sure, it might seem boring, especially if you play it a ton, but I find it to be a pretty unique game. It's casual enough for me and I enjoy the entire concept. I hate Death Tag way more, for example. You're not going to like certain games but there's plenty of people that enjoy it and it would be unfair to remove. Maybe, sometime in the future, it could get re-made fixing all of the above issues and making it less buggy, but, until then, I really think it should stay.

Posted May 14, 2021
  14. Is it only legendary cause it was just taken from a cc event in like 2014? Death Tag has some of the same issues but they aren't as major as to how major they are in monster maze.

OP OP
  15. Nah, it's legendary for me because I haven't played it anywhere else on any other server. People enjoy the game so allow 'em.

As for Death Tag, I know it has much less issues than MM, but I just don't enjoy DT's gameplay. I know quite a lot of people do, but it's not for me

Posted May 14, 2021
  16. The funny part is that the map 'parser' for monster maze would take like 5 minutes to fix if the developers felt like it

ps. the 'parser' creates a text file with the map information that you can edit in notepad

Posted May 14, 2021
    JN_PlayzMC and Paladise like this.
  17. Ok, everyone. Just stop. Clearly everyone here has different opinions, but this doesn't need to become a reddit argument. Everyone can have a different opinion, y'all don't need to go argue about which opinion is correct. None of them are. They are all equally valid, the OP posted this as an idea about something he viewed as a good idea. That's fine. You guys don't need to come in and tell him he's wrong without any reason why. At least give a reason that isn't just you are wrong.

Posted May 14, 2021
    Da_One, Paladise and PineapplePepsi like this.
  18. I have not played this game much, however, from what I've seen, it seems fun and I don't personally see any valid reason to remove it.
    Whether or not you like a game is an opinion, everyone has a different one, and it's inaccurate to say that it's the 'filler game nobody wanted' and 'boring'.
    Whether or not you find a game boring is subjective and it should not be removed based on someone's opinion, but instead the overall objective state of the game.
    I really don't see a problem in keeping this game in the Mixed Arcade section, since you can either wait for it to finish or switch lobbies if you don't want to play it.
    Keep in mind that some other people might want to play it and enjoy the game, as you've probably seen in the replies on this thread.
    In my opinion, if you suggest that a game should be removed, you should include valid points and objective facts to support your suggestion/idea, whilst most of this thread is based on your subjective opinion.
    There is no harm in keeping a game that people enjoy playing, even if it doesn't have a significant community.
    Personally, I like the concept of the game and the gameplay within it so I would prefer if it was not removed.

Posted May 14, 2021
  19. Yea and my personally is that I don't like the concept of the game and hate the gameplay within it. There's def people who don't like the game but not everybody is gonna respond to this thread.

OP OP
    Hwno likes this.
  20. The only problem with monster maze is the fact that you can see other people lol. That's an easy fix. I think your reasoning for removing it is you don't like it which isn't really a reason. If there is a real reason I really would like to here it. It is one of the best games (in my opinion) on arcade games.

Posted May 14, 2021