• 958 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9683 Players Online
  • 8725 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Spawn Protection

Discussion in 'One in the Quiver' started by Minecraft, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Nobody wanted it, and all it really does is ruin people’s streaks. Please revert it to he way it was before. There was literally no reason to add this, no one asked for this.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    nathan. and Fall like this.
  2. Can you please expand on what you mean by Spawn protection? Because I am really confused right now..

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  3. After someone spawns, they are invincible and therefore are immune to arrows, even if they hit them. This ruins streaks and is a waste of arrows. It was much better previously, when there was no spawn protection.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 8, 2019
  4. Within what mini-game?

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  5. I'm assuming he's talking about OITQ since that's the sub-forum he posted in :P

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  6. Hey there!

Please, could you clarify which game mode you are talking about? This is the One In The Quiver sub-forum, and OITQ doesn't have spawn protection, so you may be mistaken. A staff member should help sort this out for you soon.

I hope that this helps! :)

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  7. OITQ does have spawn protection... if you try shooting at someone after either you or they spawn in, the arrow won't work.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    Minecraft likes this.
  8. The feature they should add should prevent the player that spawns in from killing anyone else until their spawn protection is removed from them.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  9. I am sure that OITQ does not have spawn protection. It may be lag that happens.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  10. I'm afraid you are mistaken. OITQ does have spawn protection, arrows do not work on a player if they have just spawned.
    --- Post updated ---
    This would still ruin streaks and waste arrows. No one in the community asked for this, spawn protection may work well in other games but not in OITQ.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 8, 2019
  11. Just make it so when a player moves, their protection is gone, or make SP only 1 - 5 sec.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  12. This would still ruin streaks and waste arro
    Even 1 second is too long imo, our reflexes are faster than that and it can really ruin a streak for you...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 8, 2019
  13. I haven't played OITQ for quite some time now and I am almost positive it doesn't have spawn protection but, if it does here is my solution.

I understand completely where you are coming from and I feel like this idea could be good if it had a few tweaks.
    Overall I think spawn protection should stay mainly because people would camp spawn areas and constantly grind points over and over. However, I do feel there should be an adjustment such as making spawn protection be removed after the player moves or decides to strike an attack.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  14. no one camps spawn areas anymore
    spawn prot also stops you from killing people when you spawn which is bs
    if you spawn camp you die fast af
    spawn prot is also 100% a thing
    anyone who has played recently knows that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 18, 2019
  15. This wouldn't as it is an arrow, and they'll have the protection for long enough to kill someone while still invincible.

If there is spawn protection, then it must have been something added recently. If shooting someone that is protected causes you to lose both your arrow and your streak, this is probably a bug.

Also, I do not believe spawn camping was ever really a problem in OiTQ, because of how vulnerable most spawn campers are, and because of how many spawn points there are. I could be wrong, however. I do remember getting killed instantly sometimes, but that could just be players in the right place at the right time. I don't think a spawn protection is necessary.

Just my opinion,
    ~Xion

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Minecraft likes this.
  16. The protection also prevents you from killing anyone straight after you spawn. (which makes it even worse imo)
    I'm pretty sure this is not a bug either as other active players have experienced it as well.
    If it is a bug, it should be fixed, and if it's not, it should be removed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019
    Jarif likes this.
  17. When was this added? And who allowed this to happen? wtf?

Posted Jul 18, 2019