• 642 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9080 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove Stats From Website Profile

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by TheSilentWind Crystal, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hey! Thank you for taking your time to read this. In Game, /stats disable the ability to see kills, deaths, losses, and etc, and so I believe the website should keep that information private too. However, maybe make an option to show or disable those additional stats. Once again, thank you. - TheSilentWind <3

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  2. Yo,
    It would definitely have a preference that could be disabled or enabled. I think it would work best if you could disable it from the outside to see (as with /stats) but you can still see all the information. Because some high-level players who would only use the forums to check their stats would be angry if they can't see all of them one day if they were able to previously. I can see how it could lead to harassment if people look up your stats after losing a close game to you and find out you don't have the best k/dr and start harassing you but if that happens make sure to make a report at mineplex.com/report with screenshot evidence and they can be dealt with accordingly.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  3. How is this even an issue. Kills, deaths, losses, wins... none of that needs to even be private. There is no issue.

If you bring up "Oh people will make fun of me" that's not even really an issue either. No one does that and even if they did it is just such a minimal issue to the point where you can shrug it off.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    JoePCool14, joshbet9 and SpitefulNick like this.
  4. I really don't agree. /stats are meant for everyone to look at even the website. And I agree with @Benfelz why care what people think of you?

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    SpitefulNick and Benfelz like this.
  5. I don't really see a benefit in this. Yes, it would be nice for it to be consistent, but the profile is supposed to show everyone's, and your own stats, and it is not supposed to be private in any way.

And has Benfelz mentioned, nobody is here to make fun of anyone's stats. It is a simple, fun change to allow us to have a better view of our own stats, and maybe see some others as well. I have a few games that i'm terrible at, and no one has really seen, or seen the need to make fun of me on that topic.

In the end, I like the ability to see Kills, Deaths, etc) because it just gives me a broader picture if i'm looking at one of my friends' stats.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    Vocaloiid, millenium200 and Benfelz like this.
  6. I get the idea, and I see why people would want this. I know generally this isnt an issue, but I have seen other forums where in-game stats being shown has led to some toxicity. At the same time though, I think stats being on the website is convenient.

What if instead there was a preference, where players could choose to have their stats on the website be public (anyone could view them), private (only followers could view them), or unavailable (nobody except that player could view them). This might be a nice middle ground IMO.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  7. Look at it this way;
    Everyone's stats are public... therefore everyone has the right to see each other's stats... So I don't feel as if this is needed.
    Besides; it doesn't matter about your K/D or W/L ratios, neither do levels matter? It's just a way to compare and to see who has what stats etc...

Also for leaderboards, which is a pretty cool feature.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  8. Yeah, that’s the definition of public view.

I agree with this idea, some people might not want to show their stats because they aren’t the best. To prevent this, like Crash suggested, to make them available to only followers (though people might just follow you to see your stats, which just bypasses the issue). Or maybe, only people that you follow can see your stats.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
  9. I don't see an issue with having stats public at all.

Posted Sep 19, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  10. Just privatise the glitched stats

Posted Sep 20, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. -1 There's nothing wrong with having your stats be seen by others. When it comes down to it, they're just numbers on a block game server. If someone makes fun of you for being "trash" at something, then you could report them for it, or simply ignore them.

Posted Sep 22, 2018
    Zomaholic, SpitefulNick and Benfelz like this.
  12. Uh, I don't see it as just a "block game". Deep down, it is still a community of real people. :P Plus, resourcepacks, and shaderpacks can change the "blockiness" feature lol. Sorry for going off topic, but I feel somewhat bothered by people brushing off the significance of this community by calling it that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2018
    SpitefulNick and millenium200 like this.
  13. Significance?

I get in the end that there is a community but at the end of the day it’s literally just numbers showing how well you left click in LEGO pvp. It isn’t a big deal and it shouldn’t be taken personal. If someone is really upset because someone said “you’re bad your kd ratio sux” then you shouldn’t be on the internet. It isn’t even real bullying and it is easily shruggable.

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  14. Hello!

Why wouldn’t you want people seeing your stats? I don’t really understand. If you are concerned that people might make fun of you I can assure you that nobody is interested in your stats, they are only interested in their own and how they can improve it.

Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 23, 2018
  15. Oh, hey! Sorry if you misunderstood what I meant, but the significance is not about KDR, but rather the community as a whole. I hate that people say "It's just a block game and we can be toxic all we want", but we are real people. It isn't a place where you experiment with what you say and what not. I have found many true friends and have grew as a person, personally! Again, sorry if you misunderstood my words. c:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2018