• 483 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2569 Players Online
  • 2086 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Remove Tags or Bring Back the Game

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Petty, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Hey, I have noticed that there are some tags in the tags book that are currently unavailable to earn right now that are from games that have been removed, some of the tags are tags that I would like to get as well but can't since the games have been removed.

The two games would be Heroes of GWEN and Gem Hunters
    The tag for gem hunters is unavailable and I would like to earn it but since the game has been removed (I loved that game) I can no longer get the tags and it just sits in the tags book.
    As for HOG, there are many tags that this game provided that are now currently unavailable and once again I would like to earn them but can't because the game is no longer playable which is slightly irritating.

I would suggest either removing the tags to clear up space in the tags book or bring back the games
    I am aware that these two games were removed due to them being way too buggy. but I have seen some posts from people that want to bring these games back.
    Gem Hunters was a fun game that I played considering it gave me something to do as well as it was a fun game to play with my friends and when I found out it had been removed, I was devastated. HOG however is available to play in a mineplex player server, however I can never get any friends to play it, and if it has been removed, why would it still be in an mps?
    These are just some suggestions but for me it would either be bring back the games or remove the tags that were awarded from these games.

Edit* I forgot to say let the players who have the tags keep them but remove it for all the players that do not have the tags*

Posted Mar 20, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 21, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  2. Hi,

I am glad that you have recognized this issue. I personally agree that removing unnecessary titles would help create a more organized layout. Unfortunately, at this point, bringing back these older games would take much more time than simply removing the available titles, so there really is only one option to resolve this issue.

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  3. Hey!

I would be all for removing the titles for those that do not already have them, however, it would be unfair to remove them completely as those who have earned them would lose them. I would be against bringing back the games as the games were removed with good reason and bringing them back would take a lot of development time.

I am also going to move your thread to the general idea discussion section as it is better suited there

Thread Moved

Posted Mar 20, 2019
  4. I agree with this idea because what is the point of having these title tracks when they are not earnable with the games that have been removed. It would make the title track more organized and not all weird and cluttered. +1

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  5. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that part about the players who already have those tags :3 thanks for the opinion

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2019
  6. I think removing the tags would be ideal, but maybe they would just show up in the tag book for people who already got it. It's sort of like the old year celebration morphs/mounts, they are still there and a bit cluttery but would be great to clear out for players who don't have them because they could never get it anyway! If there's a way to figure this out it'd be great. +1

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  7. I definitely agree with removing them. However, to put a twist, have them become unavailable for players who do not have the title, while keeping them around for anyone who actually do have those titles, kind of like the omega titles. This is quite a simple QoL change, and I am in full support of it!

Posted Mar 20, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  8. Just wish I could still get the gh millionaire tag and the magician tag :(

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 20, 2019
  9. I disagree with having it to remove some of the titles that are unavailable due to the games being removed. However, I do not see the point of removing the titles if the game does not exist anymore. Some of the players who have already unlocked the titles from the previous game should keep it as well and that will be unfair if it is being taken down. I am pretty sure that I will keep it the way how it is now.

I also disagree with having it to bring some of the games back which the Developments team may not have their time to bring it back. They probably have valid reasons why some of the games were being removed.

Posted Mar 21, 2019,
    Last edited Mar 21, 2019
  10. So long as the people who rightfully earned these titles are still able to keep and enable them, I don't see an issue with this. The book does get rather crowded after unlocking every additional title that can be found in chests, so having these unachievable titles out of the way would be nice.

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  11. I definelty agree with you. There are so many tags and for people who are trying to collect them all for example it is just an annoyance that you can’t get them. Also it would make the titles menu a lot cleaner and easier to navigate a well as make room for new titles!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  12. I think we should hide the titles for retired game modes, such as Gem Hunters. This is because if we were to remove it, it would be unfair to players who worked hard for the title. As long as players get to keep their titles while the title being gone from the book, I don't have any issues with this idea. It can also prevent clutter in the book, so why not? :D

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  13. /shrug

As long as we don't try to take away achievements and titles people have actually earned, I think that's fine.

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  14. Hey there!!

I'm sort of on the same page as everyone else here, and that's in saying that I think it's unfair to those who worked hard to gain the title, if we just removed it all together. The way I see it is similar to cosmetics - there are cosmetics and that you can only achieve during certain events, in certain chests etc. Although, I understand there are still ways of gaining them through things like Omega chests.

Here's the thing though, there are actually titles in the title book that you can only get at a certain time, and never again. I'm talking titles that you get from completing a certain event game like 'Christmas Chaos' or completely the Globe Hunt where you got the title 'Hub Explorer'. These Titles are exclusive to these events, and there currently isn't another way to obtain them. I see the past game titles (like Heroes of GWEN and all that) as just one of those Titles.

I do agree however, that a lot of the Titles in the Title book actually are Heroes of GWEN related, and I mean there's quite a few of them. I still think it should just be counted as one of those exclusive titles, but perhaps one day they could hold an event or something where you are able to get those Titles again - although I think it will probably be unlikely.

Bringing back the games most likely won't happen either, and there are many reasons for it. I can understand your frustration in wanting the titles too, but if you're looking to collect all of them, then the GWEN titles aren't your only problem - the exclusive titles are too. That's just why I think it's unnecessary to remove them. Again I completely understand where you're coming from, but yeah.

I hope you succeed in collecting the other Titles though!! (:

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    _Petty likes this.
  15. It wouldn’t really make much of a difference to me personally, but I can see why a bunch of people could be opposed to this. Many players worked hard to achieve these titles and it would be unfair for them to just be removed. I have a couple of Heroes of GWEN titles, and even though I wouldn’t mind that much I’ve worked hard for them and I wouldn’t want them to be removed just like that.

I highly doubt that either of these games will make a comeback anyway - they weren’t very popular and unless some changes are made that can make them popular, I don’t see them coming back. So overall, while I can see where you’re coming from, I don’t think that removing the titles would be a good idea.

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  16. Personally, I have to also disagree with removing the titles. As stated before, there are a lot of players that worked hard to earn them. Just because the game mode is no longer live on the server doesn't mean the achievements that players were able to complete should be removed. Additionally, there are quite a few titles other than these that are time sensitive and would have required you to be on the server during a specific time period. It's not a valid excuse in my opinion to remove them because some players weren't around to get them. I can understand wanting the entire titles book, but there's almost always going to be people that are missing a few here and there. They aren't the easiest cosmetics to achieve and I don't think taking them away from players that worked hard for them is the right thing to do.

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  17. Hello,
    I personally disagree with removing these titles. Even though these games are now removed, the players who worked hard to earn the titles should still be able to keep them. For example, the blow a kiss taunt and other valentines day themed cosmetics are no longer available to get, however, that does not mean that they should be removed all together. Although these can no longer be earned, I feel that we should keep these titles, especially for those who have completed them. Thanks!
    -Sickle

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  18. Hello,

A discussion about removing GWEN treasure chests was denied by marketing a few months ago in the Game Insights discord. I'm not sure if removing titles would be allowed either. Denied or not, I'd -1 the suggestion because the depreciated titles hold a lot of value and give uniqueness to players who have achieved those titles.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  19. Hello. I feel like perhaps it would be an even bigger confuse if u removed the tags for people who are not able to achieve them. people would be like hey bro how did u get that tag and bro'd be like it's some special **** that ur book aint good enough to do and people would be like :sad_pepe: but that's me chief

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    ppancake likes this.