• 860 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11655 Players Online
  • 10795 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Remove The Wait between Posting

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Jet Starglaze, Apr 17, 2021.

?

Do You Agree?

1. Yes!

2. No (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey,

the title explains it, the wait between posting things should be removed. Its more annoying than useful.

To stop spam, maybe the wait should only apply to accounts younger than 1 day old. Or reduce the wait to 5 seconds.

Its also annoying on pms when your trying to have a chat but the timer stops you.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    Da_One, yvuggu, Anna. and 4 others like this.
  2. omg 100% messaging people and i make an error and it tells me to wait, then its like NONONONO and i cant even correct it

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and scarlet like this.
  3. Heya Jet! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to create this thread and suggest this idea! I'm more neutral on this idea suggestion, as I do see the post wait timer being useful, but also at the same time somewhat frustrating. I do agree with you in the sense that the timer could be reduced at the very least, but I don't think that it should be completely removed for longer registered users. I do see that you've added a suggestion on how to reduce the amount of spam, but I personally feel that one day is too easy to obtain and anyone can wait that out to then proceed to spamming across the forums the next day. I think the most effective way of carrying out this idea suggestion would to be to reduce the wait experienced between each post. The current 30-25 second wait could potentially be reduced/cut in half to 15 or possibly 10 seconds, in my personal opinion. Additionally, if this idea were carried out, I would also like to see this applied to the liking system as well. (Wait times could match.) - Overall, I really like this idea suggestion and I'm interested in what others may have to say about the idea. +0.5

Posted Apr 17, 2021
  4. Hey,

I completely agree the timer needs to be reduced, but in my opinion it shouldn't be removed altogether. At the end of the day, spam still needs to be prevented. Sure, more experienced forum users may be less likely to spam, but that doesn't mean the risk of spamming has been eliminated entirely. Even something like drama can be an enabler for spam, or a particular user might become a target. This would create so much unnecessary flooding and it would be too much for the forums team to moderate - removing all of it individually would take ages. Removing the wait time, no matter who for, has the potential to create ultimate chaos.

Reducing the wait time would benefit all those with good intentions. Something like 10 seconds is a happy medium because while it doesn't encourage spam, it allows you to engage more in the social aspect of the website. It's not an issue on the main forums as those replies take much longer than 30 seconds to think of and type out, but it can be when it comes to profile posts. As it stands, a lot of users are discouraged from engaging more in profile posts on walls due to the wait time. I have to admit I'd even include myself in that bracket at times - sitting down for 5 minutes to type out ten "Thank you!"'s is quite a chore. Same goes for new acceptances, I'd love to be able to congratulate all the new QAT in 2 minutes rather than triple that amount of time.

So yes, I'm all for reducing the wait. I would love to see more activity when it comes to profile posts, especially considering the walls update has not been pushed yet. I'm sure it would encourage a lot more people to involve themselves in the social side of the website, even conversations, like you said. Players under 13 might not be able to use Discord to communicate and could be using the website instead - assuming they're having your typical fast-paced conversation, they could do with the reduction as well.

Great suggestion; the only differing stance I take is that reducing the wait is better than removing it.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    Amg, Fusafez and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
  5. I think everything should be different.

PMs: 5 or 10 seconds
    Discussion Part of Forums: 20 seconds
    Walls: 10 seconds

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  6. Hi! This is already a thing for Sr.Mods+ (completely removed timer) and iirc was planned to be brought forward to all staff at some point in the future. I don't think it is ever planned to be released for all players, even those registered for a certain amount of time.

Maybe the cooldown can be shortened, because 30s is super long, but I don't think it should be removed entirely for community players.

Posted Apr 17, 2021
    PROSTONE likes this.
  7. Hey(: I really like this idea as the wait time can be extremely irritating, especially when you make a spelling mistake. However, said above I think it should be reduced instead of completely removed. This would lessen the possibility of people spamming and/or abusing it negatively. Maybe 10 seconds? Or 15? Something that's in the middle.

I also like your idea about having a certain time on the forums to be able to bypass the cooldown - newer accounts could possibly keep the 30 seconds cooldown (by 'new' I mean, players who haven't had their account for longer than 48 hours or something) and once they reach that mark, the cooldown reduces. I'm not sure if that's even possible, but If It is, I think it would work greatly.

+1

Posted Apr 17, 2021