• 1881 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4460 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Remove This Cakewars Map

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by NothinButNetYT, Dec 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

Remove the long map

1. Yes ITS WAY TOO LONG BRO/Add Map Vote

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No its fine

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. I have a lot if people that agree with me that the “Bucolic Bedrock” map is way too big and unnecessary. This map is not just mine but a lot of the cakewars communities least favorite map due to how big it is. This makes rushing a lot harder sometimes due to how big the map is and how it takes 64 blocks to get to your enemies island from yours. The highest before it was added was 48 blocks. This map takes way too long to rush and is way too big. Now you may be asking well if you don’t like it why don’t you do /findgame. Yes I do that when Im alone or with one other person but when Im in a party with 3 or 4 people and we spent a long time trying to get on the same team and we finally do but its on this map. It makes it not worth it. When you run into dupers/hackers on this map you can’t rush in time before they get stacked on Obisidian and all out gear also, just wanted to add that.

Solutions:

1. Remove the map entirely

2. Add a Map Vote system

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  2. Would you be able to send images / screenshots of the map? I'm a Java player, so I don't know what that map is like xD

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    mab8400 and Danese like this.
  3. I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Not all maps should be about if you can rush your opponent quickly. Having a variety of map sizes increase the number of strategies revolving around Cake Wars. For example, on this map, using the archer kit at the middle point gives you an advantage over other players who are building to the middle of emerald points because the time it takes to build to emerald points/middle point gives you enough time to shoot them.
    If you're looking to be on the same team with your friends, an easy way is to play a game of Cake Wars and not leave the game until it has finished. By then, the majority of players will have left, leaving you plenty of space to join whatever team you want.
    In terms of dupers/hackers, I am not sure it would really change anything. in my experience, by the time you rush a team with a hacker/duper on smaller maps, they'll have already gotten obsidian or an overpowered weapon at their disposal.
    I do like the idea of a map vote system, giving players the choice to play on the maps they want to play. Sort of funny, but I would actually vote for this map as it's my most favorite to play on.

Posted Dec 11, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2019
    DejectedBot and Danese like this.
  4. Hey,
    I'm a Java player and am not too familiar with the map. I would greatly appreciate some screenshots that can be referenced for the various map-related issues that you and the Bedrock community have towards this map. c:

-Dan

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    DejectedBot likes this.
  5. Bucolic was actually changed to fit the needs of the players on Java not too long ago. It only takes around 20 blocks to reach mid now.

As for this being pushed to Bedrock, I’ve put it in my list of things to fix. However, seeing as how long it took me to push 8 skywars maps, this could possibly take months to actually see it go live.

Sorry for the inconvenience :c

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  6. I do really like this map in terms of the design/build but i do know a lot of the community dislike how long the map is. As joshuart mentioned, adjusting it would be a much better alternative to removing it and although i can see how some do like how long it is (as games don't have to be about rushing), i do know this map is a big one for running out of game time. i would like to add potentially replacing the crafting tables on the sides of bases as they have been a big issue for bug exploiting.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    DejectedBot and NothinButNetYT like this.
  7. the flip you have Duke rank..?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    Danese likes this.

8. Here is me playing on the map in my video

Timestamp: 0:00-2:47

Minecraft Cakewars| Sweaty Sunday’s Ep:11

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  9. Yes I know playing through a game is the best way which I usually do but thats another thing I shouldn’t have to so that lol it should put us on the same team every time
    --- Post updated ---
    Its fine no need to remove it I say we just add a map vote system here on bedrock because then I can vote against it

OP OP
  10. It definitely is an issue when it comes to making your way to mid and branching off separate islands. Also I’m not sure if this is still the case, but people were actually for whatever reason utilizing the crafting tables for what purpose I don’t know. A couple updates they were actually used for duplicating items but I suppose that’s not around anymore?

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  11. I beg to differ on this statement purely on the basis of one idea. In my experience and opinion, and most people agree, cake wars is a game about strategy, but when you add another variable to the game, in this instance longer distances between island it’s like throwing a wrench in the gears and that completely throws off someone’s strategy especially for someone like the OP who is someone who tries to get quick eliminations to counter hackers and dupers which is already a problem that anyone has strived to fix as of recently. Anticheat clearly has problems, and this idea that was proposed had a way to work around that, I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be in support of the idea.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  12. Yeah when I know from a previous game that their is a duper or hacker in the game or I see it in game you best believe ima be gunning to stop them from getting obsidian and end portal frames around their cake and sharpness 10000 swords xD. Like my friend @Strafer303 mentioned it is also a map issue with crafting tables at the teams bases that allow players to dupe emeralds aswell ): I forgot to add that to my post because that’s another reason people don’t like it. And yeah even if theres no hacker it still messes with strategies.

OP OP
    Strafer303 likes this.
  13. I feel that a variety of different lengths between islands changes the perspective and strategy you take during the game. Cake Wars being a game of strategy means you should adapt to what's thrown at you. If you're constantly just repeating one strategy over and over, I don't really see that as fun. Whereas with longer maps, you can't just rush someone's base and expect them to win. This kind of map is more about the late game rather than the early game. Having to change the map also just because of the anticheat doesn't really sit well with me.

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  14. Theres no need for crafting tables in cakewars though so that would get rid of the dupers that use that exploit so there we go

OP OP
  15. Disregarding the fact that you disagree with me and the OP, don’t you think it’s just objectively bad to create a map, proceed to have everyone talk about why they dislike said map. Then, when they complain or come up with an idea to fix a problem that many people seem to have on this map, you tell them “you have to adapt to what’s thrown at you.” That is just a really bunk way of saying that you can’t bother doing anything about it. Essentially the problem we have here is community members coming together saying they agree that the gameplay experience on the map Bucolic is objectively bad. The map was changed on java to “fit the needs of players,” so I’m literally confused why bedrock wouldn’t get the same fair treatment when they are dissatisfied with something.

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  16. I'm all for it if the map does get changed. The community being involved in what maps are decided is great. would not change my perspective on Cake Wars.
    Looking back on it, I was in the wrong for saying that people should just adapt to what's thrown at them. The community should have a say in what maps and changes they want. But, that doesn't mean that I have to agree with everyone else. My opinion on the matter is that I do not have a problem with the map and like how it is currently.

Posted Dec 12, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 12, 2019
  17. I don’t think this map should be removed, the developers of the map spent a lot of time making it. I also like the fact that there are lots of new maps, this being one of them. I happen to like the map, though it is not ideal for rushing it is still possible to get fast wins in this map.
    Sorry, but -1 from me.
    Happy Suggesting!
    xGetRekted

Posted Dec 12, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 12, 2019
  18. Who got rid of the builders and let the devs make the maps?

Posted Dec 12, 2019
  19. Do you have a sarcastic remark for everything I post?

Posted Dec 12, 2019
    FoxCatcher likes this.
  20. Jeez, the guy made a mistake, give him a break.
    --- Post updated ---
    I partly agree with this. I like the map, it is different, yes it may be hard to rush in it, but rushing isn’t the only way to win a game, there are other ways. I’m sorry but I hope this does not get processed, as I happen to like this map.
    -1 Happy Suggesting! -FoxCatcher

Posted Dec 12, 2019