• 353 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2437 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Removing GWEN's Name-tag

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Oct 20, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You know the NPC that flies around your character? That is GWEN. It also has a name-tag over it, which is kind of unnecessary. The name-tag can confuse new players as to if someone is cheating or an actual player. They will then hit the entity, get falsely banned, and be all miserable, when in fact, it was just inexperience that back-stabbed them.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    Korben2005 and Kyuine like this.
  2. Hello~~~

This suggestion would be a good QoL change. I don't see any problems with this suggestion. The only thing is that since this is such a small thing it won't take priority, but still a good suggestion, and it could help some people out.

+1

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Although it may be annoying, the name tag is apart of gwens detection as it tries to match other players in the game. Removing or changing it may allow some hacked clients that may not already bypass it, to bypass it. The entity itself is already a challenge to hit, and I don't think removing the name tag will mean players will be less likely to try and hit it.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
    Thenorn likes this.
  4. I mean I remember when I first played mineplex clans I saw name tags every once in a while when I turned my head, this really freaked my out as I had no idea what was going on +1.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  5. Hey!
    While I personally think that the GWEN nametags are annoying and it can sometimes freak people out. I also agree with this reply, as Hulk_ said it could allow more hacked clients to get into Mineplex easier and this would just put more hackers into the Mineplex player base.
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  6. Heya!

I agree with the fact that this can confuse newcomers, possibly thinking it's a rule-breaker and trying to fight them back. However, the problem comes as @Hulk_ said when removing this key-feature, it would also allow more hack clients to bypass the detection mechanism of GWEN.

We can simply propose this idea to our next GWEN developer but it really shouldn't be a priority for the developer as GWEN needs work on other sides of the anti-cheat that are more time-consuming. Overall, I'll have to be neutral about this idea and give it a 0 as it would be nice to make this change to not confuse new players, on the other hand, it might take time for the GWEN developer (that we don't have at this time) to do this change.

Posted Oct 21, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 21, 2019
  7. The name tag is apart of gwens cheat detection system, I believe. (Netural) +0 for now.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  8. Heyo!

This is a very interesting idea, and it has definitely confused a lot of players in the past (including me), by just hitting the GWEN entities and getting banned because of it. I know players are confused about what the entities are, so they try attacking them. With this change in mind, this will definitely help these players out, however it does also have a con.

Like Hulk and a few others stated, some clients may have the power to bypass this, though players are always able to report and these people will still probably trigger GWEN anyways, and maybe some changes can be made as well to the nametags so it isn't 100% visible. If this isn't possible and causes a few issues however, this could lead to major problems with detection.

Although it has a pro and a con to its side, I don't believe the GWEN entities will be changed anytime soon. If in the future they happen to change, then this could potentially be an awesome idea. I'll just leave this at a +0 for now, have a nice day!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    THELichCA likes this.
  9. hihi,

Thanks for the feedback about GWEN! While I do understand that it can be confusing to some people since they might think it’s a normal player, it soon becomes clear that it is not a normal player since they are always above you flying around. Additionally, we are not looking to change how it works, as that could involve changing the system entirely. If you have any further questions, send me a PM.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Oct 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.