• 2273 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4357 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Report Feature in Master Builders

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Edgetable, May 8, 2019.

?

Should there be a report button in Master Builders?

This poll will close on May 8, 2020 at 8:42 PM.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, me and my friend enjoy playing Master Builders every once in a while and we have noticed that there are many inappropriate builds, which goes against the inappropriate game play rule. We see many of these builds, and we don't want to let them free, or make very many reports on the forums for each person, so we have thought that Master Builders could have a report feature in it. Yes, we both know -snip- has it, but it does work and could help the server reduce the amount of these inappropriate builds. Should this be a feature?

Posted May 8, 2019
  2. i stan this
    im honestly tired of seeing it while im trying to have my nice family friendly gamer time

Posted May 8, 2019
    Idut likes this.
  3. I wanted to suggest this before because it was a thing back when I played 2015 (not sure when removed) and it was much easier than filling out forums reports. However a staff said that this device ended in a lot of false bans. If there's a way to have this added back and include a picture of the screen when reporting then I'd +1. Otherwise, filling out the Forums reports I do sometimes for them isn't too bad since I can do it in bulk. Although I shouldn't be able to do them in bulk; we should have a method to cleanly report them properly and not have multiple in one game

Posted May 8, 2019
    Edgetable likes this.
  4. Hey o/

Not sure if this would be the right way to go since for reports such as these as it is unlikely that the game would finish prior to the arrival of a staff member. Hence, I feel that, although it is time consuming, the usual report system works better in this case.

Danny

Posted May 8, 2019
  5. The best way to deal with this behavior is just to screenshot it and report it on the forums. Any other method would take too long for someone to get there.

Posted May 8, 2019
  6. Like said previously, you'd be better off reporting this activity on the forums. Gain evidence using media (Screenshots/videos) and go to www.mineplex.com/report to report it! Make sure the evidence clearly shows the inappropriate build, and the builder.

Posted May 8, 2019
  7. Hi!​
    I know there used to be a feature like this a year or so ago, though I'm not exactly sure for it's removal. Either way, it probably won't be added since it's been removed once already. It used to be in your inventory, but I think most saw it as being used accidentally all the time. But, I can see this being a command feature as a future idea. At the moment, however, you can gather evidence and create a report on the forums as said above, or you can contact a staff member in StaffRequest. Those seem to be your best options in regards to your issue. We'd be more than welcome to help you. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me. Have a nice day!
    ~ Cheers​

Posted May 8, 2019
  8. I definitely agree with you that there should be some kind of reporting feature for Master Builders that allows players to quickly report inappropriate builds. However, making an effective system for that is easier said than done.

Our previous reporting system that was removed required players to be reported multiple times by other players in the game before they were banned from the game itself. While it was somewhat effective, it also caused issues because groups of people would come online and target a player to get them banned even when they had not built anything inappropriate. It was removed due to the abuse, leaving the game pretty vulnerable.

I don't believe there's a way to save the schematics of a build that is created to be reported to the staff team which is probably the biggest issue to overcome. We have to see the build to punish for it, but we don't always have access to other than screenshots from forum reports. Of course, you can use /report or the StaffRequest community, but I understand that isn't always the best way to contact staff members. I think it would be nice to have a specific system to help reduce inappropriate builds in Master Builders, but I'm just kind of at a lose for how we would do that effective without risking players being punished unfairly.

Posted May 12, 2019
  9. You most definitely can report multiple abusers in one report as I have done so many times. I've had reports of 6 people in one report from Master Builders. I constantly play and report them on the forums because it really doesn't do much reporting in game for it, or at least not that I see. Just start reporting in incriminates of like 5 or less. Just make sure to get the names and the build in the pictures. As for the report button i dont think it will help unless it screenshots the build and name.

Posted May 13, 2019,
    Last edited May 13, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  10. Hello there!
    Honestly, I think that an in game reporting feature for a specific game will just be more complicated and vulnerable. Reporting players is already an option with the /report command alongside the report section on the forums. I don't recommend that we have a completely new system targetted for a specific game. Yes, inappropriate builds are definitely an irritating view but this also happens in different games like DMT which brings up the question of what games should feature this reporting system? It brings up a really unwanted question that may just end up messing up the game a little bit.

I think that there should be some sort of monitoring system yes but a reporting button doesn't seem to be the case. Unless there was some sort of replay option where staff members could go back and watch exactly what has happened in addition to the reporting system as you have mentioned, this idea is very vulnerable to players who are just in it to troll or even spam (unless there is a one-time use on a certain player). Otherwise, I'll have to put a 0 on this since I'd like to see some updates to this thread before giving a final answer.

Posted May 13, 2019
  11. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion.

I remember this coming up in the past and I can’t help but remember the negative feedback it attracted. Personally, I don’t believe I agreed with the idea for one reason. That being how easily it could be abused. People could report perfectly fine builds and flood the system. It’s one whole other layer to moderation that we simply can’t afford, nor would it be efficient. Having Mods go through these reports would be tasking and unnecessary.

Another idea the OP had was to save a schematic or outline of the build so they could be punished later. This, in theory, was a really good idea. However, it’s unlikely this could be coded in a shorter amount of time. Overall, I really think it would just be best to screenshot it and report it via mineplex.com/reports. This is an easy way to report inappropriate builds and ensure we are handling these situations properly.

Posted May 13, 2019
  12. I'm not completely sure if you know of this, but there previously was a report feature in Master Builders, a while back. This was used to, as the name suggests, report any inappropriate builds that were found. While yes, this was fairly effective at removing players from games, it was also heavily abused. In fact, it was so abused that it needed to be removed from the game entirely. Players would create parties and gang up on another player and report their builds when their builds were not inappropriate at all.

I feel like re-adding a report system to the game would cause similar issues, even if it were updated. I think that the current method of reporting (gathering evidence and reporting here) works just fine as there are usually a couple of Reports Patrol members online. Using this method will almost guarantee a punishment for inappropriate builds (unless, of course, your evidence is insufficient or you don't have evidence at all).

Posted May 13, 2019
  13. That idea looks great because you can able to report someone for an inappropriate build in Master Builder. This feature was introduced four years ago which we can able to mark it as inappropriate. Unfortunately, this feature was removed due to the abusing the report, and trying to false banned someone in-game. This will result in targetting one people by trying to kick someone out from the Master Builder. How would they feel like when they have been punished unfairly? They would feel disappointed when there was an outcome.

I will have to disagree with re-adding the report feature for Master Builder. You can also contact one of the staff member in-game by message them in /a or in StaffRequest communities. Alternatively, you can also gather your evidence and report them at https://www.mineplex.com/reports. These are all of the methods that you will be able to deal with in the server.

Posted May 13, 2019
  14. I feel as if this would be abused. There's this game online called Scribbl and it has this same feature. When someone draws something inappropriate and if multiple players vote to kick them, they are removed from that certain game. This feature is abused many times so I don't think this would work in Master Builders either. The best thing you can do is screenshot the build whenever it shows "Built By <player name>" and submit a forum report. These are usually taken care of within a day, but it won't happen instantly so you'll have to be patient. Implementing a report system wouldn't give staff members enough time to respond to viewing the build and an automatic kick system wouldn't work out either, so I'll be giving this a -1.

Posted May 14, 2019
    oeod likes this.
  15. Hello,
    Although I think it would be great for a good reporting system to be added to Master Builders, it seems that there is really no practical way to go about this without encountering abuse. As several have already said, there used to be a feature to report inappropriate builds, however, groups of people would abuse this. Unless another method of improving the report system in Master Builders can be devised, I think it would be best to report on the forums, using /report, or staffrequest. Thanks for the idea, but I don't think it would quite work out.

Posted May 14, 2019
  16. It's something that should be added again. Though I understand there was a time where this was insanely abused, there can still be a way to get around that or put it to a point where it isn't abused as often. Maybe it can be simply a /report thing and staff who get to the report can pull up the build that was reported by the player or something. It's definitely something complex, but I am sure mineplex is capable of it. I have been playing BLD quite a bit recently and I always spot some sort of inappropriate build.

+1 to this idea.

Posted May 15, 2019
  17. I would like to see this implemented. If it is possible to clone an inappropriate build so that the staff are able to process them, then this would be a cool and useful feature. Unfortunately, as many others stated above, this might get abused and become spammy. Nevertheless, I think the pros outweigh the cons. Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted May 15, 2019
  18. hia!

Sorry for the late response to this, but we do not plan on adding this in. Bringing this in effetely just simply would not be an easy thing to do, as there are too many things that could happen. When it was here, groups of people would report players and get them banned from the game even if they did nothing - just because they wanted to. We really do not want this happening. However, if it was made so that a staff member would check it out, there is no guarantee that they would continue to do so and would end up not being punished. The best thing to do is to report them at this link. If you have any further questions, send me a PM.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    nolawn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.