• 372 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5812 Players Online
  • 5440 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Reporting is too complicated

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Animation Echo, Sep 16, 2021.

?

Which would you choose?

1. Report on site with evidence

2. Use /report command

3. Something inbetween

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever you find a hacker on the server, whether on java or bedrock, you have to take evidence of it and then put it on the report site. Seems simple, right? Well, not really.

Imagine you're on a console on bedrock edition and all of a sudden you notice somebody fly hacking. You try to point out in chat that it's a hacker, and the chat stops you for whatever reason. So, you decide to report them.

First, you start recording and try to get some footage, like half a minute of them clearly hacking. It might take a while to find some good proof though.

Once you get your footage ready, you realised "oh wait. I'm on a console." So you go from playing on your console to go to your computer and wait through turning it on.

You then get your Xbox Companion app, go through your captures, edit and trim it, then put it on Google Drive or any other place so people can access it. You copy the link and select it to make sure everyone may open it.

Then, you google the correct link to report this player. You go there, then make sure you get the correct username, copy-paste the Drive link, and give out other additional information as well.

You submit, hoping that after a couple of days the moderators will accept and ban that one player. That one single player. Then you turn off your PC, log on to your console, open up Minecraft and start playing on Mineplex, hoping that you won't stumble upon the exact same hacker.

It's too complicated, isn't it?

The fact you have to do all of these things just to report one person is very discouraging, and people don't want to go through the effort of reporting these things; therefore not banning any hackers, ruining the experience for vanilla players, and worsening the server itself.

Why not just have a /report command? Many other servers already do this. The anti-cheat is clearly not enough to stop having so many hackers, and having a command like this will help out this problem so much more.

That is all I have to say, I hope you understand. Feel free to cast your opinion on the poll above about what should be done.

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    Mr.KOCMOC likes this.
  2. You also forgot a few things. Like the fact that reach hackers cannot get banned through forum reports, the fact that you need a lot, and I mean: A LOT of evidence just to ban the most obvious hackers as one or two clips won't usually do the job, and there is a long guide on how to make reports, which includes a lot of different things, I think there even is a rule that evidence must not be a download so I don't think you should use google drive

Not to mention things like the fact that(at least according to my knowledge and experience) the punishments are not permanent, and they can be appealed, and the punished people themselves can just make alt accounts and come back

Btw they are planning on adding /report to bedrock, an exact date is unknown tho, but you are right, the reporting system is overly complicated, the amount of rules regarding report is insane, and you also need external knowledge about certain things( the fact that reach hackers cannot be banned from forum reports is not mentioned in the rules)

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    Animation Echo likes this.
  3. I would use none of the above

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    anna dot likes this.
  4. sorry to say but it looks like u spent a long time typing something that is happening shortly anyways

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    Diestraction and StyxKiller03 like this.
  5. Posted Sep 16, 2021
  6. Hey Animation, as mentioned above, /report is already planned for Bedrock in the future. Sadly we do not have a timeline for release, as we currently only have one frontend Bedrock dev. For the time being, forum and discord reports are the best option, if you encounter hackers.

Thank you for taking the time to submit this idea, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to message me.

~ Thread Locked, Processed

Posted Sep 16, 2021
    anna dot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.