• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reporting Players for Other Reasons

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by StressInducer, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it acceptable to report someone for:
    a. an inappropriate username
    b. profanity in the chat
    or
    c. renaming pets with bad names?

Posted Jan 10, 2019
  2. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Oh heck yes it is. That is bypassing the filter. I would report them because most players on mineplex bedrock are kids and that kind of stuff should not be said or shown.

Posted Jan 10, 2019
    MrPotatoManPan likes this.
  3. Yes, report both A and B, screenshot and report.
    C, that is more difficult to know who's pet it is, so may get denied, but if you have the person and pet in your screenshot and no one else is around them, then it may get accepted.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    MrPotatoManPan likes this.
  4. Waspter

Waspter

All of those things you listed are punishable due to them bypassing the filter. If profanity in chat is censored, then it is not punishable, although if spammed, it can and probably will be punishable.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
  5. Dva

Dva

You can report a player for all of the offenses you listed in your post. The punishments for each varies, so I'll explain that below.

Having an inappropriate name results in a permanent ban until the name is changed (unless you used all of your appeals for justified punishments). All potentially inappropriate names are sent to RC, and they decide if the player should be punished. Just take a screenshot of the player's IGN in the chat (if they said something), or find them in the lobby and make sure their IGN is clearly visible above their head.

This is also punishable and reportable under filter bypass. The severity and length of the punishment depends on what words are being said/bypassed. To gather sufficient evidence, you only need to take a screenshot of the chat.

This is punishable for Inappropriate Gameplay, which is a severity one gameplay offense. Make sure that in the evidence you provide, the pet's owner is easily and clearly identifiable. It may help to take a short video that shows the player moving around and their pet following them. You can also try separating them from other players with gadgets.

I would suggest reading the Reporting Guide before creating a report. That way you will know how to create a sufficient report, and how to provide all the necessary information to ensure rule breakers are punished properly. You should also read up on the rules so you know what is and isn't allowed on the server. There are a few differences between Java and Bedrock rules, so if you need me to clear anything up, just DM me! If you have any other questions about reports, or any topic in general, please let me know :)

Thread locked - Question answered.

Posted Jan 11, 2019
    Vocaloiid and Waspter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.