• 653 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10672 Players Online
  • 10019 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Reporting

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Am3thy5t, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone,
    I would like to suggest a reporting system for the server. There are lots of peopel teaming in games and I ended up losing games because of this and it frustrates me a lot. If we could report someone in games who are cheating in game to get banned, the game will be alot fairer. If there already are already reporting systems please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Am3thy5t

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  2. /report for bedrock is already planned to be inplimented.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  3. Assuming this is about bedrock, since your bedrock account is linked. Honestly, bedrock doesn't have a report system for in-game and in general, there isn't a way to contact staff in-game easily. It does not help that bedrock is quite understaffed considering the player base. There's 2 proper ways to report people via discord, which is Forum Reports and the Mineplex Discord.

Forum reports is the best method for reporting as long as you have evidence. We also have a guide so be sure you read the guide as well. For hackers, you do need to record, so if this is not plausible for you, unfortunately, this isn't a viable option, but can still be used to report any other offences which can easily be done through screenshots, which the guide explains how to do. I know depending on your Bedrock platform, you probably might not even be able to record and attach the evidence to the site, so this is a pretty big issue. There are Minecraft sites which explain how to record on different platforms (I.e Xbox) but understandably not everyone knows how or struggles with it despite tutorials. By the time you report, the damage to your game is done anyway, it only prevents future issues with the user in the next few games.

As for discord, there's a #report-players channel under the "Help" category, where you can report people from Bedrock and it'll notify bedrock staff so that they can find and punish the user if they're available. This isn't the best method and reporting chat offences isn't really an option since you can't attach evidence.

/report for bedrock is a confirmed suggestion that's in process, as shown by multiple threads including this one, but is yet to be implemented. There is no ETA for when it will be. There really is no amazing option for bedrock since there isn't an easy way to get staffs attention without having to tab out and get evidence or go to discord, or even DMing people on forums who might not even see it. I know on phone you might end up disconnecting while trying to upload evidence which infringes on playing and is overall a pain because your game gets ruined and then you have to go through a process which isn't even feasible for some people and chances are that there isn't even a bedrock staff member available in the moment or is aware of the issue. It's pretty annoying but the suggestion is processed so the best we can do is wait and deal with what we have now until it's actually implemented.

Posted Jul 30, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  4. Once you're staff, its hard to stop answering question thoroughly i guess

Posted Jul 30, 2021
  5. It really is LOL, perfectionist tingz

Posted Jul 30, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 and CatFan105 like this.
  6. Posted Jul 30, 2021
    Jylie likes this.
  7. Heyo! I am that member of CCO.^

I will be marking this thread as Processed and locking it as a reporting feature in-game is planned for Bedrock. There's no ETA on when it will be developed, but it will definitely save a huge bit of the hassle from having to follow the Reporting Guide and collect evidence for Forum Reports, or switching to Discord (discord.mineplex.com) to use the #report-players channel.

If you would like more info on either, @Jylie has provided an excellent reply!

Thread Locked - Processed

Posted Aug 1, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.