• 578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10804 Players Online
  • 10226 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Required number of kills to get hunter wins

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by GottaGoFastah, Sep 16, 2020.

1. After the new queue system where UUID no longer determines who gets put into hunter team, I have been seeing a lot of people, most those who had bad UUID and rarely got hunter before the update, just seem to afk in the hunter spawn while the teammates do all the work. The point is for everyone to work together to find hiders so why should the ones who don't help get a free win?

I feel like there should be a system where in a 24/24 lobby you need at least 2-4 kills to get win therefore all the kills can be split among the 4 starting hunters (maybe just 2 because the hiders who died will probably help out too)
    If a hunter gets all the kills in a 12/24 lobby, should the other hunter he spawned with really get the hunter win too if he killed no one?
    I see that some people can struggle to find people because they are beginners, but let me know what you think

Posted Sep 16, 2020
    CZArkolan, Grant138 and a0_Oe like this.
  2. I mean they made the queue and thus should get the win. That's like saying if someone's getting carried in Bomb Lobbers and gets 0 kills, they shouldn't get the win. Though I do agree people afking for hunter wins can be pretty annoying, and it would be nice if you had to manually queue for hunter each game or something to combat the issue. Requiring kills just isn't the way to go though.

Posted Sep 16, 2020
    Anna., Paladise and StyxKiller03 like this.
  3. They could also use some sort of average with hunter of the year achievement and actual wins.

Posted Sep 16, 2020
  4. Seems like hunters can win pretty fast, definitely needs some rethinking

Posted Sep 23, 2020
  5. It wouldn't make sense to stop the users from getting wins since, in the end, they're still a hunter.

You never know why they're actually afk in-game, which is why being afk in games has never been considered stat-boosting. Sometimes they can even be kicked for being afk. You never know if it's intentional or not. I'm not sure the chances of them getting hunter with a good enough team to carry every time they queue as well as getting hunter would happen too often?

It's a team game and if you don't feel comfortable with carrying your entire team you don't always have to stay in the same game. I understand everyone on the team should be putting in the same effort, however, I feel it's not that big of a deal since they're on your team in the end whether it's liked or not.

It's unfortunate that it happens, but I don't believe there's an actual way to solve this aside from possibly decreasing the time for an afk kick. Your idea of getting a certain amount of kills wouldn't always be fair. If a player is spending over 3-5 minutes attempting to find players but can't, why shouldn't they also be rewarded for their time with a win, even if it's a carry? This could apply to tons of hunters that simply just don't know what they're doing.

Since I don't play BH that often, I can't exactly tell if this is a really repetitive thing to the point where it happens every game or every other game. If this is a huge issue, I'd love to hear about the different ways people come up with that would prevent it where it'd be fair for everyone all around.

Posted Sep 27, 2020
    Arianna ♡ likes this.
  6. Main issue is that you have people queueing, taking the queue, and proceeding to afk in hunter spawn while everyone else does the work. Another problem is when a noob hider dies and switches kits, they become automatically queued for hunter the next game, being problematic to those who actually want to make the queue.

I've thought about this more and I think the best solution is that auto-queue should be removed for hunters and you must physically select the kit/punch the sheep to be entered into the queue, just to prevent repeatedly afking games and accidentally getting hunter when you wanted hider. This benefits everyone but the ones abusing the current system, so it all works out in the end.

Posted Oct 5, 2020
    CZArkolan and oCassi like this.