• 245 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2329 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reset Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Survival' started by ForgotBlock, Oct 20, 2019.

Tags:
?

What do you think?

1. Reset

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No Reset

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. I think they should reset survival mode for one reason, its just super messed up. I see diamond block towers everywhere, land is claimed where nothing is built. It is just super crazy.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  2. I havent been to bedrock survival a long time ago and quit it / moved to Creative Housing for Bedrock, but I will assume others will say it needs a reset, as survival is a game where there needs to be resets and even a large 10 worlds of land may not be enough. But I dont think it will get reset anytime soon and will probably die. Also, survival was like 2-3 months old last time i was there and will just get cluttered

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  3. I tried this game for the first time very recently. Resetting the worlds won't solve anything. Rules need changed as well. There is active duping on the server discussed openly in game and apparent use of invisible blocks (I assume barriers) and bedrock. The game in Mineplex is titled "Survival," but clearly the game has strayed far from the original intent of Mojang's concept of survival mode. This Mineplex game can be kept the way it is, of course, since it's up them, but having the word survival in the name is misleading and should be changed.

On the other hand, I see threads from over a year ago complaining about major bugs that were closed by mods with final comments to the effect of "the bug is being worked on," but those bugs are still here over a year later so this game mode feels a bit like abandonware.

Posted Oct 20, 2019
  4. No. I've been playing for a long time. I wouldnt wanna risk losing my area cause players are too lazy to look for unclaimed land. And theres plenty. Literally have circled the mineplex survival world 2 times on my own. Also if the above ground is claimed and nothing is built. Something might be built up high or below ground hidden. Like some of my builds. If you cant find unclaimed land or basic supplies like food or wood. Theres a really good chance you're not trying hard enough. I can usually tp to a player who is complaining of such things and find it quick. Once you learn how to play Mineplex Survival and understand the rules. It's a lot of fun. Read the forums for help with issues like when the shulkers disappeared for example.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  5. I wouldn't say that, survival is full and has been i don't even think there is good space left, saying that players are lazy to look for unclaimed land is completely ignorant and disrespectful.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. No. A lot are lazy. I find open plots small and several chunks large available in my journeys. Just takes some work to travel out of the teleported spawn points. To say there isnt open land or "good space" is just ignorant. Its there.... you just have to try harder I guess lol.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    Fortis McMannus likes this.
  7. Hello!
    Our Survival game mode is intended to be just what the name implies. Unfortunately resetting the servers wont remove the illegal items spawned into the game, eg diamond towers, invisible blocks, bedrock. In order for that to happen all hack clients would need to be restricted permanently which has been an on going battle for all Minecraft platforms.
    Due to bug exploits, duplicating has also been a factor as to why you may see a lot of these items everywhere in Survival.
    As for unclaimed land, it can be very easy to find, but i do see how a small amount of players will spawn into a populated area and get overwhelmed with how much is claimed around them. Survival is broken up into 16x16 grids so make sure to try placing a block or punching the ground every 10-20 blocks.
    A couple times i have seen players saying they cant find unclaimed land and ended up teleporting to them for assistance and they had either been standing on unclaimed land or were a few steps from unclaimed land. It's more about knowing how survival works as it can be a bit different to what some players are use to.
    It does still need some work and we hope to only further improvements on it, in the mean time if you need assistance in game, the community is usually always happy to help out, staff are often around in Survival and would be happy to assist also. It's a great place to socialize with an active chat and/or build a long side friends, i would say try not to let what others do in regards to item spawning, ruin your experience. If you want to play the game as intended then you have the choice to do so.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  8. Well said Reks. As always.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    Fortis McMannus and Reks Nz like this.
  9. ^ Agreed

My advice to other new folks... don't give up just because the first 100 chunks tested are claimed. You'll find space eventually. Punch everything, or at least stuff every 16 blocks. As soon as you find a tree that can be harvested, do it (and for goodness sake, replant trees in its place). Perhaps even camp there for a bit and harvest new trees that grow. Turn wood into charcoal so you can cook. Kill spiders, make a fishing rod as soon as possible and fish for food. I eventually found 5 chunks of unclaimed extreme hills space during my second night of searching. Then there are the deep oceans with a lot of unclaimed space too... can't find land? Make some. It does require a ton of mining, but this is Minecraft after all.

I do wish we could delete claimed space... I'd unclaim the extreme hills (perhaps even for free)... though that biome is prime mining real estate.

Posted Oct 22, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 27, 2019
    Aod42286 likes this.
  10. i said reset cuz they need a java clans reset too

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  11. I feel there should not be a reset. God items have been integral to what makes the server attractive in the first place, and there is a BUTT TON of unclaimed land floaing around. You just need to know where to look.

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    Aod42286 likes this.
  12. This is about survival tho. Not clans.

Posted Oct 28, 2019