• 1304 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9742 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Revealing the Names of Mineplex Shop Gifters

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by _Prof_, Sep 14, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. +1

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. -1

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Recently, I was gifted titan by someone and I really wanted to buy something for them in return to show my appreciation. If they do not openly come out and say that they gifted me something, I would never know for sure. I am proposing for an automated private message to tell the receiver who bought whatever for them. They now know who to thank for their kindness. If they wanted to stay at certain ranks, the player on the receiving end will know who to tell not to upgrade their rank before throwing another several bucks down the drain. Here is what the automated message will look like exactly:

Apps System: (forums username) has bought (gift) for you, make sure to give them a big thank you!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    THELichCA and Segwat like this.
  2. Heyoo! c:

I quite like your idea and would be nice to know who gifted you the rank on your end, but I think it’s better as it is right now as some players that gift want to remain anonymous, if this feature was to be added, I would suggest adding a remain anonymous button during the checkout process.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  3. Hey!

I think this is a good idea. It would be cool to see who buys you something. Like if you bought a friend a rank or something else on the shop, they wouldn't know it was you (unless you told them obviously). This also wouldn't be hard to add into Mineplex, so it would be a tiny feature. I do agree though with @THELichCA that when the player is buying a rank, there should be an option saying, "Stay Anonymous" or something similar to that. Some people don't really want to let the other person know who got them that rank, so some people would prefer the anonymous way. Overall, I like this idea and it would be cool to see added into Mineplex. I give it a +1. Thank you for suggesting this idea!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    THELichCA and _Prof_ like this.
  4. I've seen a similar suggestion posted here in the ideas section about gifts from other players. You can find my opinion on it and the OP's suggestion here as well if you're interested. Anyway, since ya'll both have similar suggestions regarding gifts/shop purchases in general, I'll leave my thoughts here as well. Between the two, I'm more in favor of @Worpp 's suggestion as it's geared more towards in-game users. Sometimes, players don't even have a registered forums account so a notification on the website from the Apps System bot wouldn't do much. Worpp's suggestion as seen in his thread suggests an in-game notification feature, that sends a message to the player whether to ACCEPT or DENY the said gift. Plus, the Apps System is more centralized for applications in general, such as Ideas Team applications, trainee applications, etc. For this reason, I don't think it's completely necessary to add a notification system for gifts on the website to send out messages from players.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    THELichCA and Worpp like this.
  5. I really like this idea! It's always nice to show appreciation for those who go out of their way to spend money for you! I think having an automatic message that informs you who gifted you would be really great and could maybe even potentially start a friendship if you didn't know the person who gifted you.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey mate!

I agree with this suggestion being added onto Mineplex. It would be great to know who was the purchaser of your rank upgrade, and in my opinion, they do deserve to be thanked. I do not see any issues particularly with this being implemented, but like the above players have suggested, an anonymous option would benefit this suggestion as not all people who do these kind gestures want their names to be revealed. I would simply love to see this implemented, and I am sure it wouldn't take long to get put into the server considering it's a small change. Thanks for suggesting this to the community!

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. To be honest, I would prefer it be anonymous. I’ve bought so many people ranks&rank upgrades and seeing their reaction is pretty cool. I would never tell them that it was me though. Still a cool idea, wouldn’t mind it being added if it was to ever be.

Posted Sep 14, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Doth thy @mineplexgamergal gave thy @_Prof_ Titan ranking?

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  9. Hello,
    After considering this idea, I agree with @nolawn that the similar idea proposed by @Worpp would work better. Utilizing the apps system bot for this does not make sense as it is used for applications on the forums. In addition, Worpp's version includes the option to accept the gift or decline it which could be useful for players who do not want a certain feature. Overall, I like this idea, but it would be better if it was merged with Worpp's idea. Thanks for suggesting this, its a +1 from me. Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    Worpp and _Prof_ like this.
  10. Hey!

I think it would be really cool to be able to thank someone for gifting you a rank but I feel like it should be the buyers choice whether they remain anonymous or not like people have mentioned above. I can understand that you want to buy something for the person who gifted you your rank, but they would most likely not want anything in return. I also really like @Worpp 's idea of being able to accept or decline gifts because I don't think you should be forced to take something if you don't want to.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  11. Hey there!
    I think that this option is definitely something to consider. The shop is a very popular choice when coming to gifts and I think giving recognition to gifters would be great in developing friendships and just overall encouraging a very friendly appearance for the players who do decide to gift others. Although this idea shows a lot of promise, I'm not sure how this would work effectively. Since most players don't have a forum account, perhaps another alternative to notify players?

Adding an in game method of notifying players would be a much more effective way of getting players informed on who purchased them a gift. I think it would definitely work very well with how most players are interested in finding out who got them a gift and since some players don't focus on the forums as much, an in game notification would work much more effectively.

Most players on this thread , have referred to @Worpp 's idea and although their idea adds on to the next stage of being able to even decline a gift, I'm afraid that I don't see their idea being added if the main focus is to get a refund. I find that a system like that could confuse players and since we have a strict no-refund rule, it would really cause confusion and get in the way of purchases. If a player gets a gift for someone and the player would rather not have it, contacting support is the best way to remove it I feel and by declining a gift, possible buyers would get frustrated if they haven't understood how the system works.

Overall, I think your idea definitely works very well with how our system works and would definitely encourage a very friendly scene that everyone here would appreciate. I think that your idea should be changed to focus more on an in-game method and I think with that, I'd love to see some more communication between the consumers here at Mineplex! [​IMG]

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  12. Hey!
    I really like this idea! I think that it is important to be able to thank someone for purchasing something for you. I agree that this would be very nice, since you would be able to know who bought what for you. I also feel that this is important when it comes around to charging back. As @Worpp suggested, perhaps there could be a feature where you could decline the purchase. This way, if you don't trust somebody, you could kindly decline the purchase. I also like the idea of having all this done in a message type format. This way it's quick, easy and usable for all! Overall, good idea, I think this could work very well, +1 from me.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  13. Yo.
    I think this is a great idea! I would love to know who gifted me something from the shop so I could thank them or give them something in return. One question I have is how would the shop know it is a gift? Would there be a checkbox for marking the purchase as a gift? I think instead an in-game notification or a GUI popping up with information regarding a gift would work out well for the message. Not everyone has a forums profile so there would be a few conflicts there. I overall think this is a great idea!

+1 from me

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  14. Toggle being anonymous would be a great feature to add if this was implemented

Posted Sep 15, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  15. Developers can code the system by storing the IGN of the logged in player whoever the purchase is going to. There will then be a conditional statement (if a certain condition is met, an action is taken) for Apps System follow where if the giver and receiver have different IGNs (capitals and spaces included), a message will be dispatched to the player on the receiving end.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2019
  16. I really don’t like this idea because those people don’t need recognition for what they did. It just shows they did it out of kindness rather than for thanks. I would prefer it to stay completely anonymous because say if I bought someone something, I wouldn’t want them to know who bought it and I don’t need the thanks.

Posted Sep 16, 2019
  17. I like the idea you have because this will inform them that someone received a gift from someone. It's great to see that some players who are kind to send a gift to someone else. I'd remember I received a gift twice in the past, and I was grateful for them. I don't think it's necessary to have an App System bot to auto PM you about a gift. It's only mainly for applications and punishment appeals.

Overall, I still love your idea, but the Developers team will need to figure out the way how the new system works. +1

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  18. That can be the case for some people. Not everyone is the same, however. Players might feel neglected if they do not get a thank you for their kindness. Adding an option to keep yourself anonymous will make both parties happy.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 17, 2019
  19. That works

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  20. I believe this would be an interesting idea and could definitely work. From what I have seen, people constantly wish to thank those who purchase something for them, and rightfully so. However, I believe it's important to realize that some individuals might wish to remain anonymous when gifting someone a rank, chests, or whatever else they are purchasing for someone else. I believe while reading the replies, someone mentioned the idea of being able to select whether or not it should be sent to them? I think that's a fantastic idea and would give the person purchasing it the choice.

Posted Sep 17, 2019
    _Prof_ and SpookVegetables like this.