• 2308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10746 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

RP seeing player IP on reports

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by lejittt, Sep 15, 2018.

1. I'm not particularly a fan that when you create a report it shows your IP to whoever is dealing with your report. I feel like the RP sub-team isn't the hardest thing to get into and someone could easily target someone after seeing their IP. For instance, say a particular staff member wasn't fond of me and sees I submit a report. This staff member would now have access to my IP and could do some not so friendly things. Not to mention that if there was an issue with the fact my IP was leaked or something, it would be a lot harder to figure out who did it as opposed to when it was just FM+ who saw IP's on forums/appeals. Basically I just feel like RP shouldn't see the player's IP when they create a report and don't see why it is necessary to begin with.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
  2. This is just the previous reason given by the FN Administrator. Also, getting a player's IP is incredibly easy on Enjin as with almost any type of communication platform that doesn't proxy images. The staff members who took months to get Trainee then RP are most likely not going to be the ones who would even want your IP.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  3. Semi-agree. It's a public IP which, yes, could easily be taken off Enjin's administration page anyways. No point in it being removed but for those people who have no idea which IP is being shown could scare them.

Posted Sep 15, 2018
    Chrris likes this.
  4. Hello!

Although I'm pretty sure none of the staff team is going to take my ip for those reasons you stated, I agree with you. It makes me feel uncomfortable showing my ip to strangers. You never know what can happen on the internet.

-Vuya

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  5. As stated above your IP address is public (well the ip that they are showing them) removing this feature would enable trolls to spam the reports and they cannot ban the person's ip as well.. it was removed from the post.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  6. Well no, the user's IP would still be visible to Forum Mods, Ninjas and Admin+, it would just not be visible to the RP team. If an RP member came across a report that was spamming the reports/trolling and they needed the IP of the account, they could just forward it to a FM+ so they can apply the necessary punishment. This would have to happen anyway, as RP members themselves can't hand out forum punishments and only forum staff members (FM & FN) can.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  7. True,
    Although I feel that keeping it with RP+ would be fine.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  8. RP was able view your IP regardless. It wasn't shown in the report however. We need IP information in case we come across a forgery report.

We may integrate IP into the post in the near future.

Posted Sep 16, 2018
    EwMikey likes this.
  9. Hello,

I think you're getting a little paranoid. Moderators would never use your IP for bad intentions, especially the RP subteam. if they did, that would surely mean serious consequences for themselves on a Mineplex level and legally.
    And why would someone dislike you on the forums and then hack your IP, that seems like an outlandish thing for a moderator to do in the first place.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  10. including xenforo

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  11. Why not keeping it as an option for RP mentors only? Regular RP members can’t network ban for forgery, so knowing someone’s IP would have no use in this case.
    Personally, since knowing my personal IP for someone who only has to handle my report is unnecessary - since once again, any issue has to be delivered to mentors or the RP lead, people can easily see it as an invasion of privacy, and could be used against the player who is simply trying to post on the forums.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  12. With XenForo, more than just an IP is shown because it's so advanced. Whoever has access to see the full list of registered users (with the right permission) can see the IP you used to sign-up with, find any duplicated accounts with the same IP, or find accounts that have logged in with the same IP as another forum user.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The only difference is that RP won't be able to merge accounts (or find dupes, unless they have that access within the site). I am sure with Administrators being strict with this (I'd hope) they won't use it against you.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  13. Coralines is spot on here.

Posted Sep 20, 2018
    coralines likes this.
  14. Posting here to inform you all that I'll work on working out something with this

Posted Sep 21, 2018
    Wiz_Techno, Sophie_OGrady and Marhzy like this.